Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden posted a Spotify link to flight of Icarus on Facebook today. That’s the second track they’ve posted after for the greater good of god since the tour was announced. Hope it’s a sign they are being played!!!
Or maybe it's just Rod's little helper who wants to sell more tickets...

Presuming that Maiden do know at this point what they are going to play 6 months from now (which I highly doubt), why would they want to reveal the surprises in the set list now? Aren't you all reading too much into the tour ad campaign?

Bruce came up with a first version of the 2008 setlist backstage in Rome on 20th June 2007, so I would not be surprised if they already had a tentative setlist in mind.

It would be the most terrible beginning of their whole career. I found it difficult with two rather uninteresting songs during the last tour, but you propose three in a row.

Wow, Moonchild, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Revelations uninteresting? Blimey, too much British Lion can cause brain damage. :lol:

I'd be shocked if they played a single song that hasn't previously been played in the reunion era. The most we can expect is Flight Of Icarus. Stranger In A Strange Land has only been played in the first year of the reunion, so that one can also kinda count. I seriously doubt they'd bring back or premiere anything other than those two.

If they played a song they never played live before, that'd be the biggest shock to me since I started listening to Maiden. I still kinda think they are saving Alex for a farewell tour though.

It would be the most terrible beginning of their whole career. I found it difficult with two rather uninteresting songs during the last tour, but you propose three in a row.

I just don't see them opening them with anything else than Aces High or Moonchild. I hope it's not Aces High because it would probably be played too slow (one of the classics that needs to be played fast and fiery) and it would probably destroy Bruce's voice on long term.

That said Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wicker Man and Be Quick Or Be Dead could be wild-cards in this debate.

I'd be shocked if they played a single song that hasn't previously been played in the reunion era. The most we can expect is Flight Of Icarus. Stranger In A Strange Land has only been played in the first year of the reunion, so that one can also kinda count. I seriously doubt they'd bring back or premiere anything other than those two.

If they played a song they never played live before, that'd be the biggest shock to me since I started listening to Maiden. I still kinda think they are saving Alex for a farewell tour though.

Ehm, ehm...

Also a possibility IMHO.

I just don't see them opening them with anything else than Aces High or Moonchild. I hope it's not Aces High because it would probably be played too slow (one of the classics that needs to be played fast and fiery) and it would probably destroy Bruce's voice on long term.

That said Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wicker Man and Be Quick Or Be Dead could be wild-cards in this debate.

The Wicker Man could well be a possibility for the opener.

Presuming that Maiden do know at this point what they are going to play 6 months from now (which I highly doubt), why would they want to reveal the surprises in the set list now? Aren't you all reading too much into the tour ad campaign?

What's the meaning of life, if not overreacting about something you care about? Let us kids be happy, ma'am

Before the ad, Wicker Man was my sure bet as opener. I still can't see it away from the set, but, between Wicker Man, Aces High and Moonchild, Wicker Man is the best song in the middle of the set. I also don't know where the Moonchild rumor came, but Aces High is the opener if it's in the set. There's no other way for the band to play it without wreck Bruce's throat, and, being honest here, Aces High is the most classic Maiden opener. It was featured as so in Powerslave, in LAD (arguably Maiden's most famous live record), and in SBiT (which had a lot of media and draw a considerable amount of new fans). If they'll, really, focus on the classics, Aces High is the go-to song to open.

I was thinking Be Quick or Be Dead would be saved for an eventual 90s tour. Since this'll probably not going to happen before 2020 (and most likely never), I don't think BQOBD will see the light of day again

I also doubt we'll get to hear Be Quick Or Be Dead, but I have a feeling they'll pull a surprise from the 90's. Afraid to Shoot Strangers came from nowhere in 2012. I could see them play something from either FOTD or maybe even the Blaze albums.

Unless they go to the rehearsals and Steve and Bruce say: "We are gonna open with Where Eagles Dare".

Nicko: "You wut?"

Well if they absolutely wanted to find a replacement drummer halfway through the tour, then sure, it'd be a great pick!

I also doubt we'll get to hear Be Quick Or Be Dead, but I have a feeling they'll pull a surprise from the 90's. Afraid to Shoot Strangers came from nowhere in 2012. I could see them play something from either FOTD or maybe even the Blaze albums.

Previously, my bet was The Clansman. Now, between Rime, FTGGOG and Phantom, I seriously doubt there'll be room for Clansman. Maybe Bring Your Daughter on the encore or, God forbid, Wasting Love

Previously, my bet was The Clansman. Now, between Rime, FTGGOG and Phantom, I seriously doubt there'll be room for Clansman. Maybe Bring Your Daughter on the encore or, God forbid, Wasting Love

They could still play The Clansman instead of Phantom, but I see Phantom as HBTN replacement. If the court case is resolved, my bet would be on HBTN.

Yeah I think Phantom will likely show up, quite possibly right before FotD like how HBTN was on the '16 leg of TBoS. If not then it'll be in the encore, which would be a nice change of pace. Don't think it'd quite work as a closer, though.

They could still play The Clansman instead of Phantom, but I see Phantom as HBTN replacement. If the court case is resolved, my bet would be on HBTN.

Phantom can co-exist with one epic on the set. I think even with Hallowed on the game, they could play Hallowed, Phantom and an epic, pending on the rest of the set. But Hallowed, Phantom, Clansman and Rime or FTGGOG, I can't see it happening. The problem is we're considering too many variables: Rod's statement about the focus on the 80s, the promo with references to songs (a few which were reinforced on Maiden's Spotify), the songs heavily featured in LOTB and the 90s/Maiden pt.4 that's looming since the TBoS tour. It's a lot of different sources for Maiden, it's hard to pinpoint something other than the usual staples.

For an example, The Nomad plays along a couple of phases in LOTB and, if they band actually debuts The Nomad on this tour, I'm prepared to tattoo Dave smiling on my left ass cheek. We need to narrow down the possibilities, and even with that they can bring some song out of the blue (I mean, who expected Powerslave on the last tour?). I'm thinking about a mix between classics, one deep cut from the 90s, one song from the BNW album, probably The Clansman and the usual 80s deep cut. Probably we'll also see Speed of Light too

Really, the answer is "don't think too hard about it" because the band sure won't. They'll play the usual classics, one or two newer songs and call that the surprise and that'll be that. I doubt the LotB stuff is even being thought about at all, if need be they'll just add a couple of songs in the game to match the tour.

Really, the answer is "don't think too hard about it" because the band sure won't. They'll play the usual classics, one or two newer songs and call that the surprise and that'll be that. I doubt the LotB stuff is even being thought about at all, if need be they'll just add a couple of songs in the game to match the tour.

The strong hints included in the glass panels are our best bet, as they probably had an idea of which songs they would probably play when the artwork was commissioned and I hardly doubt those references to songs are random.

Now, what can the fish represent? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back