Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Maiden do AMOLAD, DIO do Holy Diver, WASP do Crimson Idol and Blue Oyster Cult do Agents of Fortune and while all were enjoyable, I felt it just never had the feeling of a real gig. And the extra tracks that get tacked on to fill out the set always end up feeling like too little.

I wouldn't be champing at the bit to see Maiden do any full album live. And if they are likely to do any it will be NOTB and sure we hear 3 of those most if not all tours, and 3 others occasionally. The other 2 wouldn't have much more going for them than the novelty factor.

I rate both AMOLAD gigs I went to in 2006 as 2 of the best Maiden shows I have ever seen (and I have seen them 31 times).

I almost missed the 2nd Bercy gig. I didn't read my emails, and saw the announcement on the official forum. When I bought the tickets, there was no good place on the stand (all that was left was on the opposite end of the stage). Nevermind, I wanted a place in the pit, but this tour seems to sell well and fast.

I can’t see them doing Aces High again. Bruce really struggled with this on the whole ME tour.

My predictions
  • I think SIASL will be back
  • BYDTTS
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Rime and The Clansman in the set. That would be great.
  • I am thinking back to the Early Days tour. The out of the songs they played on that tour (other than Phantom), I think they will play Prowler or Remember Tomorrow.
What do you think to these predictions?

I can’t see them doing Aces High again. Bruce really struggled with this on the whole ME tour.

My predictions
  • I think SIASL will be back
  • BYDTTS
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if you see Rime and The Clansman in the set. That would be great.
  • I am thinking back to the Early Days tour. The out of the songs they played on that tour (other than Phantom), I think they will play Prowler or Remember Tomorrow.
What do you think to these predictions?
I think it is "Sign of the Cross" 's turn, instead of Rime or Clansman. I wouldn't mind "Bring your Daughter..." and anything that hints to the 90-93 period. As for the oldies, including "Prowler", "Sanctuary", "Killers" and finishing with "Drifter" would be nice, in my opinion... but realistically, it would possibly be too much from this period in proportion to the rest (though this very selection shouldn't be no more than 20 minutes in total... = Red & The Black + Wrathchild approx.).

How is your set based on the LOTB game? Why is it cabaret, when it features songs from as recent as 2015?

Is thre something lost in translation??

I'm just using the language I see the users referring to. I'm assuming "cabaret" means anything resembling a Greatest Hits tour, which is the major complain reason since I began reading this forum. Maybe I got it wrong.

I played the first 3 worlds of LOTB: the BNW, Powerslave and AMOLAD scenarios. In the BNW world, the Wicker Man reference was constant, for an example. Powerslave, the song, would also be certain for me if not for the TBoS tour. But whatever, I know I'm possibly wrong

I'm always amused abut the wishful thinking of this forum, never fails hahaha.

If I would try to guess a setlist, based on the LOTB game, on a quick cabaret tour...

1- Aces High
2- 2 Minutes to Midnight
3- Wrathchild
4- Brave New World
5- Speed of Light
6- The Trooper
7- Run to the Hills
8- Phantom of the Opera
9- The Wicker Man
10- The Clansman (that's definitely a Scottish flag, I'm sorry)
11- Fear of the Dark
12- Iron Maiden

13- Number of the Beast
14- Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
15- Sanctuary

The Clansman and Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter would be the 90s cameo, in order to link with the History of Iron Maiden pt.4
I played a little bit of the the LOTB, before my phone ran out of memory, and I remember vividly about the 1st part being really heavy on the BNW setting. Maybe BNW is a reach here, but the Wicker Man is a sure fire. I bet on BNW because the band likes to play a "slower" song in the 3rd-4th music, to ease the usual frantic of the beginning of the concert.
Speed of Light was the kickstart of the game and the main single of the last album. The band used the song to promote LOTB (the game). I'm pretty sure it'll be played
I'm betting on Hallowed being out until the copyright trial ends, but it'll probably ressurface on the 2nd leg

Now, Phantom of the Opera is wishful thinking on my part, I'm aware, but the band apparently considers it to be kind of a staple on non-album tours, so it's not that much of a reach. Wasted Years is also a strong candidate, being a staple recently and being a kind of easy song to sing and play (and always a crowd pleaser). For The Greater Good of God could be, but that atomic explosion is 2 Minutes for me. The angel had to be Flight of Icarus, yes, but I still remember the news about Adrian and Steve going on each other's throats on how to play the song live. I seriously doubt the band will risk a disagreement on a quick summer tour.

So, overall, this would be a setlist that wouldn't force Bruce too much (Aces High, the toughest song, would be the opener, and the encore would be more crowd singing than Bruce's, specially after NOTB ), would allow a lot of connections with the game backdrops and would please the hell out of the casual fan, majority in a festival season, while bringing back 2 songs that were last played early in the last decade. If I'm wrong, I'm betting on being wrong in BNW and Phantom. Replacements? Hallowed, if allowed, for sure. Wasted Years, absolutely. Something about the AMOLAD, considering it's also a big scenario in the LOTB game, but I can't think about any go-to songs. BTATS was a failure during TFF's first leg and dropped, if I remember correctly; For The Greater Good of God could be a candidate, but I can't see both it and The Clansman being played, and, like I said, that detail on the picture IS a Scottish flag for me; These Colours Don't Run would be a nice bet, it's a easy song, with a nice backdrop (the scenario does seems to be one of the major focus in this tour's preparations), it could replace BNW in a similar style. My dark horse candidate, though? The Breeg Fella. Major single, a style that fits both in the beginning, middle and end of the concert, will not destroy Bruce's throat and will sell a nice amount of merchandise with the Grave Digger Eddie.

That's not very exciting setlist man :( For me, they have to play 5 or more as they say ''handful of surprises'' and only then this tour not going to be pointless ! :cool:

I think it is "Sign of the Cross" 's turn, instead of Rime or Clansman.
But do they have the patience to relearn it after 17 years? It's a challenging song. If we see a Blaze era track I think Lord of the Flies or The Clansman are more likely for that reason.

But if they play it, It would be cool to see the cross on stage again.

I'd like to see Maiden do a career spanning setlist with one song from each album. Something like this:

Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
Run to the Hills
The Trooper
2 Minutes to Midnight
Wasted Years
The Evil That Men Do
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
Fear of the Dark
Sign of the Cross
The Clansman
Brave New World
Paschendale
These Colours Don't Run
El Dorado
Death or Glory

Obviously I think it's almost impossible that they'll play one song from every album, and I have no interest in seeing 'Wrathchild', 'Iron Maiden' or 'Fear of the Dark' again but I'm being realistic in terms of what they're likely to play from those albums.

I think it is "Sign of the Cross" 's turn, instead of Rime or Clansman. I wouldn't mind "Bring your Daughter..." and anything that hints to the 90-93 period. As for the oldies, including "Prowler", "Sanctuary", "Killers" and finishing with "Drifter" would be nice, in my opinion... but realistically, it would possibly be too much from this period in proportion to the rest (though this very selection shouldn't be no more than 20 minutes in total... = Red & The Black + Wrathchild approx.).

I think Rime is getting more likely everyday. First Bruce singled it out as the favourite track to perform in an interview and now LOTB game will apparently have an update with Rime in it.

Nicko said that SOTC went down like a led balloon in America on the BNW tour. I think Clansman is more likely that SOTC.

Nicko said that SOTC went down like a led balloon in America on the BNW tour. I think Clansman is more likely that SOTC.
On the other hand reactions were good in Europe and South America judging from all the recordings (Roskilde, Nijmegen, Rock In Rio, Chile) etc I have listened too, and they are not touring North America in 2018, so if we ever will see a Blaze era track again this is the last chance, I believe.

The way I see Legacy tour and next (probably last) studio album:
EU+UK - summer 2018 confirmed
NA+Mexico - mid september to mid november 2018
Asia+Japan+New Zealand+Australia+SA - February+march 2019

New studio album at the end of 2019 (probably november).

With Steve stating that songs from Blaze era won't be performed, I don't know how anyone is expecting the likes of SOTC and Lord Of The Flies performed.

If they play anything from that era, it would be The Clansman and that's it.

With Steve stating that songs from Blaze era won't be performed, I don't know how anyone is expecting the likes of SOTC and Lord Of The Flies performed.

If they play anything from that era, it would be The Clansman and that's it.

The Clansman is epic, so no problem with that :)

Read that interview again. What he said was that it was more likely that he would start a new side project to play songs songs that Maiden would never perform, than British Lion putting them into their set, including such tracks from the Blaze era.

Last edited:
Would you ever consider taking some tracks that Maiden would never do, such as ‘Burning Ambition’ for example, and dropping them into the British Lion set?
No, I mean, I think it would be all too easy to do that, and maybe even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again. People ask me that question, and yeah, on one hand, but I think, if I did that, I’d have to do a third project. I wouldn’t want to do it with this, because this is a totally different thing, and it’s more rock and roll than metal anyway, and I think those songs, if I did it, maybe I’d get Blaze or someone to do it with; I don’t know, it’s not something I particularly have the time to do, or have the inclination right now anyway! But if you’re thinking about it, I think that would be the way to go, rather than doing it with this, because this is a totally separate entity; I don’t think it really would be right to do it with this anyway.
http://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-harris-eonmusic-interview-august-2017.html

Are The Clansman, Lord of the Flies or Sign of the Cross, in the same category as Burning Ambition? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back