Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through my super-secret inside sources, I have seen the setlist for the upcoming tour. It’s smoking!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Here it is:

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
4. Brave New World
5. Blood Brothers
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Wasted Years
8. The Evil that Men Do
9. Can I Play with Madness
10. Bring Your Daughter.. To the Slaughter
11. Run To the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Sanctuary
16. Running Free
That would be such a disappointment if it turned out to be true!

Through my super-secret inside sources, I have seen the setlist for the upcoming tour. It’s smoking!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Here it is:

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
4. Brave New World
5. Blood Brothers
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Wasted Years
8. The Evil that Men Do
11. Run To the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
15. Sanctuary
16. Running Free
I've had hot dogs with more spice than this setlist

OMG you guys, I've been reanalyzing the stained glass teaser picture and discovered a pattern...

A
fish
Light switch
Eddie
Xerothermic landscape
Album covers
Number of the beast
Dark winged figure
Eddie again
Red raindrops

Three cannons
Huge mushroom cloud
Eddie for the third time

Green eye
Red shirt on a wolf
Eddie the fourth
A cross
Twelve-spoked wheel

ALEXANDER THE GREAT CONFIRMED.

Like past Best of tours, I'm sitting this one out. It would be very exciting of they played The Clansman, I could break the pattern just to see that one being played!

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Here it is:

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
4. Brave New World
5. Blood Brothers
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Wasted Years
8. The Evil that Men Do
11. Run To the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
15. Sanctuary
16. Running Free

If this turn out to be the setlist for the tour I'll be very disappointed :( Maiden have to be adventorous with the setlist, especially on the Greatest Hits tour ! Why, because they have so many fantastic songs and they have to play them o_O and on this setlist there are no epic song :confused: yeah, some of the best Maiden songs are on this setlist, but they has been played so many times and ATG , for they should be played on The Book of Souls tour - to finish with it , not WY !

OMG you guys, I've been reanalyzing the stained glass teaser picture and discovered a pattern...

A
fish
Light switch
Eddie
Xerothermic landscape
Album covers
Number of the beast
Dark winged figure
Eddie again
Red raindrops

Three cannons
Huge mushroom cloud
Eddie for the third time

Green eye
Red shirt on a wolf
Eddie the fourth
A cross
Twelve-spoked wheel

ALEXANDER THE GREAT CONFIRMED.
Unfortunately I don't think there's any chance of this being played! SiT so underrepresented on tours. Full of classic sounding tracks!

I’m expecting the usual suspects in the set list. Maiden aren’t a band to throw out many curveballs live.

I would just love some songs from SIT that aren’t Wasted Years or HCW.

WARNING! Spoilers ahead!

Here it is:

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Wrathchild
4. Brave New World
5. Blood Brothers
6. Heaven Can Wait
7. Wasted Years
8. The Evil that Men Do
11. Run To the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
15. Sanctuary
16. Running Free

Also, I don't think that Greatest Hits tour can be go without The Trooper :rolleyes:

Just got around to watching the new teaser - honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by the presence of Aces High and RTTH, given Bruce's struggles with both songs on the ME tour.
Mind you, we're far enough out from the start of the tour that it's probably not wholly representative of the setlist.

Hello everyone, long time I don't post here.

I'll probably be in England between May 28th and June 25th (I'll spend one extra week in Paris, on tourism), doing a English course. I was planning to do some tourism around the UK and one spot in Europe (that's what my budget allows), probably Rome, Berlin or Athens (I'm a huge hitory buff. Hell, it's one of the reasons of why I love Maiden), but my plans changed since the tour was announced. Now, I want to spend said weekend on a Maiden concert since, and let's be honest, I doubt Maiden will come to Brazil prior to 2020, if that much. I was pissed when teh news broke out, but I understood later. I know South America is a secondary market, compared to North America and Europe. And watching a concert in Europe is an experience by itself, even if I need to cut some days and sightseeing in Paris to afford the concert, I'm ready.

Here's where I need your help, if it's possible, of course: I saw two dates that I can fit with my classes: Hannover and Florence. In both, I can skip 2 days of classes (friday and monday). In Hannover, I would sleep in Berlin, tour the city on friday and saturday, embark to Hannover on sunday morning, lunch at old town and head to the concert, sleeping there and returning to London on monday; in Florence, I don't know if I would sleep in Rome or in Florence itself, since I would want to tour both city deeply. To make problems worse, I fell in love with sunday's line up of Firenze Rocks (Ozzy and Judas Priest in the same night? I mean, wow) and I don't have money to just spend one week in Italy. Hannover would be cheapier (not in ticket prices, but definitely in hostels and food), but, except Hallo and Guten Tag, I only know another phrase in German, which is "I don't speak german". I'm afraid that this absolute lack of language will be an issue, since I'll not going to be on a tourist hotspot, and, on another topic, I'm really not into Killswitch Engage. But, Florence will be really more expensive and it'll torn me apart between staying in Florence or going to Rome.

So, my european friends, considering my situation, which concert you would recommend me? Hannover or Florence?

I doubt Maiden will come to Brazil prior to 2020, if that much. I was pissed when teh news broke out, but I understood later. I know South America is a secondary market, compared to North America and Europe. And watching a concert in Europe is an experience by itself, even if I need to cut some days and sightseeing in Paris to afford the concert, I'm ready.
I'm pretty sure Maiden will visit North and South America in 2019, and South America is Maiden's favourite place ever. I don't think they regard it as secondary at all.

I'm pretty sure Maiden will visit North and South America in 2019, and South America is Maiden's favourite place ever. I don't think they regard it as secondary at all.

I'm a pessimist, I'll not lie here, but I don't think Maiden'll land here in 2019, with empirical arguments. The band may love to play here, that I agree, but Latin America isn't exactly #1 on Rod's pecking order. Consider this chronology, after the band acquired Ed Force One (before this, logistics were a whole different monster):

SBIT Tour - both legs, but SBIT was a blockbuster tour, probably the most extensive tour Maiden ever made in the XXI Century;
TFF Tour - concerts on the 2nd leg, the main leg and true World Tour. The 1st leg wasn't speculated at all
ME Tour - concerts on the 1st leg, which was the main leg (and a reduced number of concerts, but I blame Rock in Rio for that)
TBOS Tour - same thing, concerts on the 1st leg and the summer 2nd leg wasn't anywhere close

Maiden only goes south in big, true World Tours. This LOTB seems a lot like the brief summer tours in the early 00's, something to stop the band getting rusty and to make a good amount of money with fan favorites. If I was to bet, the 2019 leg will be composed of a couple of concerts in NA spring and other concerts in european summer, before sealing Maiden's Sistine Chapel for the new album release. I mean, I get pissed as a fan, but I understand the business decision, it's less money to be made when you leave the northern hemisphere. When you're planning a big tour, 1- 1 1/2 year in lenght, already adding Asia and Australia, you throw the big stadium concerts here, pick a lot of amazing footage. But I don't see LOTB as a tour planned to be extensive, at all.

But, if they do come here in 2019, well, it'll be 3 Maiden concerts in 4 years (maybe even 4, if they play here in Belo Horizonte and in São Paulo, which I also doubt. They'll definitely play Curitiba to replace the lost date on TBOS tour, and there's no reason to concentrate 4 gigs between Belo Horizonte, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Curitiba. This time, or in the next big World Tour, I bet BH will be the odd city out), one being an international adventure. I'll not complain :D

Just got around to watching the new teaser - honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by the presence of Aces High and RTTH, given Bruce's struggles with both songs on the ME tour.
Mind you, we're far enough out from the start of the tour that it's probably not wholly representative of the setlist.
Let's hope! Bruce struggled with lots of the staples on the ME tour. So give them a rest. Not as if there's no back catalogue to pick from!

Setlist spoilers/speculation, from the advert they posted:

So we've got the following:
1 - Iron Maiden
2 - The Trooper
3 - Fear Of The Dark
4 - Number Of The Beast

5 - Aces High
6 - 2 Minutes To Midnight
7 - Run To The Hills

Having only seen Maiden live once, I've never actually seen the later 3 songs, so I'm really hyped for this. Going to visit a friend in Slovenia and we're then heading to Zagreb together to catch that concert!

I'm always amused abut the wishful thinking of this forum, never fails hahaha.

If I would try to guess a setlist, based on the LOTB game, on a quick cabaret tour...

1- Aces High
2- 2 Minutes to Midnight
3- Wrathchild
4- Brave New World
5- Speed of Light
6- The Trooper
7- Run to the Hills
8- Phantom of the Opera
9- The Wicker Man
10- The Clansman (that's definitely a Scottish flag, I'm sorry)
11- Fear of the Dark
12- Iron Maiden

13- Number of the Beast
14- Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
15- Sanctuary

The Clansman and Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter would be the 90s cameo, in order to link with the History of Iron Maiden pt.4
I played a little bit of the the LOTB, before my phone ran out of memory, and I remember vividly about the 1st part being really heavy on the BNW setting. Maybe BNW is a reach here, but the Wicker Man is a sure fire. I bet on BNW because the band likes to play a "slower" song in the 3rd-4th music, to ease the usual frantic of the beginning of the concert.
Speed of Light was the kickstart of the game and the main single of the last album. The band used the song to promote LOTB (the game). I'm pretty sure it'll be played
I'm betting on Hallowed being out until the copyright trial ends, but it'll probably ressurface on the 2nd leg

Now, Phantom of the Opera is wishful thinking on my part, I'm aware, but the band apparently considers it to be kind of a staple on non-album tours, so it's not that much of a reach. Wasted Years is also a strong candidate, being a staple recently and being a kind of easy song to sing and play (and always a crowd pleaser). For The Greater Good of God could be, but that atomic explosion is 2 Minutes for me. The angel had to be Flight of Icarus, yes, but I still remember the news about Adrian and Steve going on each other's throats on how to play the song live. I seriously doubt the band will risk a disagreement on a quick summer tour.

So, overall, this would be a setlist that wouldn't force Bruce too much (Aces High, the toughest song, would be the opener, and the encore would be more crowd singing than Bruce's, specially after NOTB ), would allow a lot of connections with the game backdrops and would please the hell out of the casual fan, majority in a festival season, while bringing back 2 songs that were last played early in the last decade. If I'm wrong, I'm betting on being wrong in BNW and Phantom. Replacements? Hallowed, if allowed, for sure. Wasted Years, absolutely. Something about the AMOLAD, considering it's also a big scenario in the LOTB game, but I can't think about any go-to songs. BTATS was a failure during TFF's first leg and dropped, if I remember correctly; For The Greater Good of God could be a candidate, but I can't see both it and The Clansman being played, and, like I said, that detail on the picture IS a Scottish flag for me; These Colours Don't Run would be a nice bet, it's a easy song, with a nice backdrop (the scenario does seems to be one of the major focus in this tour's preparations), it could replace BNW in a similar style. My dark horse candidate, though? The Breeg Fella. Major single, a style that fits both in the beginning, middle and end of the concert, will not destroy Bruce's throat and will sell a nice amount of merchandise with the Grave Digger Eddie.

I'm always amused abut the wishful thinking of this forum, never fails hahaha.

If I would try to guess a setlist, based on the LOTB game, on a quick cabaret tour...

How is your set based on the LOTB game? Why is it cabaret, when it features songs from as recent as 2015?

Is thre something lost in translation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back