Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Midget may be suggesting that they don't often play a song early in the tour and then drop it. It happened in 2010 with Thousand Sons and/or Paschendale, I believe. Possibly not since.

Mr Midget may be suggesting that they don't often play a song early in the tour and then drop it. It happened in 2010 with Thousand Sons and/or Paschendale, I believe. Possibly not since.
BTATS was dropped after the first show in 2010. Paschendale was dropped after the first few, but it was being alternated with Dance of Death.

That is indeed what I had intended to say. Since then, Maiden have stuck to a single tour setlist pretty religiously

That is indeed what I had intended to say. Since then, Maiden have stuck to a single tour setlist pretty religiously
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson about extensively rehearsing everything and making sure they're 100% happy with the set before touring, since the only time it's happened since was in 2014 when Wrathchild was dropped mid-tour. Before that slight setlist adjustments were more common, with Charlotte the Harlot being dropped from the Early Days tour and Wrathchild getting added to the Dance of Death set, among others.

I will try to do: Estonia, Finland, Austria or Czech, Hungary, Holland, France, Italy *Trieste*, Bulgaria and Croatia.
I hope that Berlin will be possible because it is my birthday on June 13. :)

If they don't play any deep cuts on this LOTB tour, and instead play a well known and overplayed classics -> the whole tour seems pointless. But if they write a new album in 2018 and meanwhile they do a tour with greatest hits is ok for me :rolleyes:
Also, if they continue the tour into 2019 , with only 34 concerts in 2018 (which is very very little for Maiden, and the only reason for that will be that they will write a new album that year) is pointless again for me ! :cool:
The best scenario is will be:
- LOTB tour 2018 (through the year they write the new album)
- 2019 - album tour with a lot of concerts !
- and 2020 the album tour continues :)

LOTB tour is like the GMETID tour, but with the later it was in 2003 and Bruce and Adrian have just returned and all fans want the classics and the setlist for this tour was a superb, for me ! And they also play a new song from a coming new album ! And in that case the GMETID tour seems very good tour :eek: So the 2003 tour was a kind of surprise and good for the band and for the fans. On the setlist of that tour was songs like 22AA and BYD...TTS ! - which the band don't perform regularly + the GMETID tour was combined with the DOD tour through the rest of the year !!! :rolleyes: This was a very good move for the band, and I hope LOTB tour to turned the same way :)

If they don't play any deep cuts on this LOTB tour, and instead play a well known and overplayed classics -> the whole tour seems pointless. But if they write a new album in 2018 and meanwhile they do a tour with greatest hits is ok for me :rolleyes:
Also, if they continue the tour into 2019 , with only 34 concerts in 2018 (which is very very little for Maiden, and the only reason for that will be that they will write a new album that year) is pointless again for me ! :cool:
The best scenario is will be:
- LOTB tour 2018 (through the year they write the new album)
- 2019 - album tour with a lot of concerts !
- and 2020 the album tour continues :)
Legacy of the Beast will continue in 2019.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson about extensively rehearsing everything and making sure they're 100% happy with the set before touring, since the only time it's happened since was in 2014 when Wrathchild was dropped mid-tour. Before that slight setlist adjustments were more common, with Charlotte the Harlot being dropped from the Early Days tour and Wrathchild getting added to the Dance of Death set, among others.
What lesson? It's great to have changing setlists. They should learn how to drop the directed stageshow dependent show and rehearse 30 or more songs and make their set less predictable. Just work harder on the musical side.

"...below and the tour is expected to continue in 2019."

Expected to countinue... From that, I get some kind of feeling that Rod wants to countinue with LOTB to get as much money as possible, while the band is not as excited.

"We want to keep releasing new music because we don't want to become a cabaret act." - Janick Gers

I'm afraid that with this tour Maiden's ship could stear towards the cabaret act if the tour is overextended again (last until 2020) like Maiden England and contain 95% of the songs played on SBIT or ME tours, but at least those had an classic album stage sets recreated (in 20 years, if the band would hipotetically still play I believe they would have a Re-opening Of The Book Of Souls Tour).

I guess I will wait and see what the setlist is and how long the tour lasts. I loved the ME tour, got to hear some really good songs .. some of which had not been played in a really long time. I hope that will be the case with this tour. That said, I think ME went on one year too many.

I will be happy if this tour lasts 2 years ... 1 year in Europe, 1 year elsewhere and they have some songs that are not regulars ... then back to new album/new tour. That has really been the general pattern since Bruce and Adrian came back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back