Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think it’s a shame they have never played one of the classic albums in full? No I don’t mean AMOLAD? Especially when most of the 80s albums only had 8 tracks.
They played the whole of the debut album at the Rainbow gig in December 1980. Not in order, but it was all there.

Will you be going to that show then? It's a Saturday and a tenner cheaper than the rest of the tour, due to it being a shit venue.
Probably. Still quite surprised that they're not playing The Hydro. I can only assume they didn't like it &/or maybe financially it's not going to work on this type of tour? Dunno.

Probably. Still quite surprised that they're not playing The Hydro. I can only assume they didn't like it &/or maybe financially it's not going to work on this type of tour? Dunno.
It looks likes it's booked for the European Gymnastics Championships from 2nd August and probably for a few days before then as well.

I'll go to Aberdeen. It'll be four years since I was last there. The venue is a bollocks to get to though, and I have no idea where I'll be living come August.

It's... underwhelming. Legacy of the Beast - never liked the idea of a tour based around a mobile game. Thought it's unlikely but I was wrong. I don't like the art direction of the game so I'm curious if the production of the show will be similar.

"The tour is expected to continue in 2019." This means 2020 for the new album at the earliest... :facepalm:

The "eighties material" part is the most disappointing. Seriously? So much talking about how Maiden is all about here and now and this is the third 80s-centric tour between albums in a row. Oh, well. This is a good opportunity to redeem themselves and play Infinite Dreams this time. :) And debut Alexander. If they won't include like 5 deep cuts, then it's gonna be really dull.

they did say they will add songs from current albums... Paschendale, Ghost of the Navigator and For the Greater Good of God would be nice

Anyone else think it’s a shame they have never played one of the classic albums in full? No I don’t mean AMOLAD? Especially when most of the 80s albums only had 8 tracks.

Killers had all 10 songs played in 1981 (WW release) US release had 11 songs in which one was not played

NOTB - 8 songs on album, 6 full tour (7 if you count Total Eclipse), end of tour - 6 songs
POM - 9 songs on album, 6 full tour, partial play - Still Life
PS - 8 songs on album, 4 full tour, partial play - Losfer Words
SIT - 8 songs on album, 4 full tour, partial play - Sea of Madness/The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
SSOASS - 8 songs on album, 6 full tour, no partially played SSOASS songs

in short, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time were underplayed albums..... significantly Most albums had at least 6 new songs played the full tour except PS and SIT...
Losfer words was played briefly, TLOTLDR was played once and SOM was played in Europe but not in the USA (except the first 2 nights) or Japan

Glad to see that there are people interested in visiting Tallinn. The venue is not the most consistent in terms of quality. I've seen Judas Priest and Scorpions there and the former didn't sound good. Nevertheless, the city is cool! :ok:
What's up with the asterisks after certain tour destinations?

Glad to see that there are people interested in visiting Tallinn. The venue is not the most consistent in terms of quality. I've seen Judas Priest and Scorpions there and the former didn't sound good. Nevertheless, the city is cool! :ok:
What's up with the asterisks after certain tour destinations?
I think thats where Killswitch Engage will be as opener

Glad to see that there are people interested in visiting Tallinn

Opening night on a tour is usually well visited by traveling fans from other countries because a) it's the tour opener and b) the possibility that Maiden will try out different (perhaps deeper cuts) songs before they completely lock the set list for the rest of the tour.

6 months from the start of the tour, and the setlist complaining has already begun. :)
I really admire the set list optimism on here! Maiden just won't put any serious rehearsal time in and they won't approach songs differently. Really don't see the point of it all if I'm honest. It should have been a 90s and 00s tour for me or focus on new material....

I had hoped to go to Stockholm, but all the dates in May and early June do not work for me

Talked with my wife, and think we will do Newcastle on July 31 ... with our summer vacation wrapped around the show. Never been to the UK beyond changing planes at Heathrow ... should be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back