Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that last time Sanctuary was played was in 2005 so that's a bit overdue to make the rounds again so I wouldn't be surprised to see it next year.

Sanctuary was last played in 2014, as the replacement for Running Free. I'm hopeful that they'll carry on from the BOS tour in terms of playing around with the encore set

I can see a mosquito or is a fly? Lord of the flies!!?? Also flash of the blade, clansman, a compass ???,flight of icarus, i can't think about something for the compass, the dog, the bottle, the lizard eyes and the two hands shaking

Combining this pic with @matic22 's findings from Bruce's book, I've come up with these half-baked theories

-The POM bit could mean Revelations (and maybe Where Eagles Dare, but it's unlikely) is included
-We might get a few Seventh Son songs (ETMD and CIPWM most likely)
-The Trooper will probably stay in (unsurprisingly)
-As optimistic as I am about the return of SIASL, I suspect the SIT bit is hinting at Wasted Years or HCW

Bound to be. I predict GnR, Metallica, Helloween & Scorpions also.
Although, what I want, what I really, really want is for them to do both Dublin and Belfast on the same tour for the first time since 1996.

Nail varnish = Charlotte Saga Medley

After what Bruce said at Download last year I'm more hopeful that there will be more than just the token one-off UK date this time. Not that Dublin counts as the UK of course.

Although, what I want, what I really, really want is for them to do both Dublin and Belfast on the same tour for the first time since 1996.

I don't think that will ever happen again, the new Point and the Odyssey are too big, if they were to do two nights, both venues would probably only be half full.

They do Glasgow and Aberdeen on consecutive nights at they both sell well. Niall went to both Scottish shows this, as I did in 2011, and I'm sure he and his brother would go to two Irish shows.

By the way, I found a tweet from someone who claims to know that Maiden are definitely headlining Rockwave festival in Greece on July 20th: https://twitter.com/PanosSalo/status/929057719151144960

If that's true then Maiden will be in Eastern Europe/the Balkans in July which would not be massively convenient for a potential Sofia trip @Ariana.

I don't think that will ever happen again, the new Point and the Odyssey are too big, if they were to do two nights, both venues would probably only be half full.
Aye, yer right, I suppose. Neither one ever fully sells out either, I dont think so they wouldnt even contemplate it?

After what Bruce said at Download last year I'm more hopeful that there will be more than just the token one-off UK date this time. Not that Dublin counts as the UK of course.
Aye this speech gives me hope that an arena tour is forthcoming. Maybe even outdoors at the RDS in Dublin like on The Early Days tour or some such

I saw plenty of arena shows this year. If it's another arena tour then I'll be in the same venues again. I want something different.

@Black Wizard I take your point RE 2 Scottish gigs. For some reason I cant see them doin Belfast and Dublin but heres hopin.
Ive a ticket for Hellfest so if they play there and I got 2 or 3 arena shows (1 Irish date and 2 UK) Id be a happy fucker. I think the days of being satisfied with seeing one gig on a tour are over for me.

When you say 'different' what do you mean? Different arenas or stadium gigs or what?

Well I've already seen Maiden play in the O2 Arena in London twice (2013 & 2017) and if they're doing another arena tour then that's the only place in London that can hold them. I'd like to see something different this year instead of going back to the same place. A stadium date would be nice as I've never been to a concert in a sports stadium before, so something like the Emirates Stadium would be interesting.

I would dig a stadium gig too but due to the capacities invovled it wouldnt be an extensive tour. Although, have they ever done arenas on one of these best of tours? I dont think they have. Maybe 2 or 3 or 4 stadium gigs is a possibility.
Only ever been on the pitch at stadium gigs but Ive heard that the sound in the stands is often total pish. Book early to avoid disappointment!

I'm a fanclub member, so I'll be on Ticketmaster bashing away at F5 as soon as the presale starts. I know people who saw Coldplay at Wembley Stadium last year from the stands and they said it was good.

I wasn't at the Twickenham show in 2008 but I don't think it sold out, and neither did Metallica's Wembley Stadium show in 2007, and I'm sure for any further stadium dates that would be taken into account. Selhurst Park instead perhaps? :p

I remember when Maiden last time played in Greece in 2011, Bruce said that when they're coming to Greece next time, they will play Alexander The Great live. Now it's almost confirmed that they're going to play the Rockwave Festival. What do you guys think? I don't think so that they really going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back