Official Star Wars Thread

The Last Jedi theatrical poster revealed:

the-last-jedi-theatrical-blog.jpg

Trailer is coming later tonight!

Holy fuck... The trailer is incredible. So many beautiful scenes and exciting teases. And there's a lot of plotlines and characters they haven't shown at all.

I think there's a lot of misdirection here, so I wouldn't worry about spoilers too much. The only scene that seems like too much is
Snoke torturing (?) Rey.

It didn’t give too much away at all imo. There are hints of things but we really have no idea what’s actually going on.

Holy shit. That's...crazy. I've loved Rian Johnson's work so far and I'm very excited to see how he handles the series in just a month...but another 3 film commitment with all original characters/stories? That's...crazy.

Wow. I guess I'm not surprised, but it still feels way too soon. I was expecting they would let the sequel trilogy have its run with the Anthology films in between and after. If I would take a guess, it would be that Anthology-film 3 has been binned or expanded into this. It doesn't make sense to have three different focus points within the franchise considering how much space they're taking up with each film.

Wow. I guess I'm not surprised, but it still feels way too soon. I was expecting they would let the sequel trilogy have its run with the Anthology films in between and after. If I would take a guess, it would be that Anthology-film 3 has been binned or expanded into this. It doesn't make sense to have three different focus points within the franchise considering how much space they're taking up with each film.

I'd be willing to be we see something like this as a release cycle:

Last Jedi
Han Solo
Star Wars 9
3rd Anthology film
New trilogy film #1
Star Wars 10
New trilogy film #2
Star Wars 11
New trilogy film #3
Star Wars 12

Personally, I think 2 trilogies is a bit insane, but I'm willing to bet they'll keep this Rey storyline going past Eps 7-9.

Back