Wish Maiden would re-release the back catalouge on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sth2112

Ancient Mariner
Next year it has been 20 years since they re-released the back catalouge on CD. The multimedia parts are totally out of date, the covers are different from their originals, the first three albums have different tracklist...

It's about time for Maiden to re-release their back catalouge on CD again in my opinion. Full blown digipacks like the Sony Legacy reissues, with original covers, a first disc with original tracklisting, a second disc with B-sides, live tracks, unreleased versions/unreleased tracks (I know Maiden probably have released everything they have recorded, but maybe they have something stored away?).

Bruce made some fantastic re-releases with his albums, I think Maiden really should do it to!

Would you buy their albums again, if they were done properly?

My suggestions for track listing bonus discs?
IM:
The soundhouse tapes
Sanctuary
Women in uniform
Burning ambition
I've got the fire (live)

Killers:
Invation
Twilight zone
Maiden japan

Numberof the beast:
Total eclipse
Beast over hammersmith

POM:
Ive got the fire
Cross eyed mary
Live in dortmund

Powerslave:
Rainbows gold
Mission from arry
King of twilight
Losfer words (live)

SIT:
Reach out
Juanita
That girl
Sheriff of huddersfield
Live in sheffield

7th Son:
Black bart blues
Massacre
Prowler 88
Charlotte the harlot 88
Live donington 88

NPFTD
All in your mind
Kill me ce soir
I'm a mover
Communication breakdown
Live at wembley

FOTD:
Nodding donkey blues
Space station #5
Bayswater ain't a bad place to be
I can't see my feelings
Roll over vic vella
Outtakes from a real live one/a real dead one

TXF
Justice of the peace
Judgement day
I live my way
Doctor doctor
My generation
Virus

VXI
Live tracks from the x factour

BNW
Live tracks from Milan 1999
Live tracks from Brixton academy 2002

DOD
Pass the jam
Blood brothers (orchestral)
More tea vicar
Paschendale (orchestral)
Journeyman (electric version)
Age of innosence...how old?

AMOLAD
Hocus pocus
Space truckin
Tush
Angel of death
Live tracks from 2005

Feel free to come with suggestions!

Oh no, I've bought hundreds of DL; but if the option is there for a CD (inc. postage) then I'm not wasting my money on the former. Aside from that, I actually don't care either way.

I’m in my 40’s and grew up on cassettes before cds were a major thing. I’ve got literally thousands of CD albums and box sets and I was always adamant that I would prefer the physical copy over a download any day, besides having the cd was the best of both worlds as I could rip it onto my iPod/iPhone anyway and have a digital copy plus the cd.

Recently though over the last couple of years I’ve gone more and more digital to the point of now pretty much all my music (and films) are bought through iTunes. Moving house twice in the last 5 years has taught me that having so much stuff really can be a pain in the back side lol.

I do still buy the odd cd now and again and I’ll always buy anything maiden release on cd and vinyl as I’ve got a nice iron maiden collection now of box sets and albums and other stuff that I’ll always keep growing. I just find it’s so convenient to own digital. I’ve got Apple TV, iPhone and iPad and being able to store everything on my smart devices and access them wherever I am is so easy and tidy. I have my entire music collection downloaded to my iPhone which is 20,000+ tracks which is far more convenient that wading through my cd collection each time I fancy listening to music. Plus I find the mastered for iTunes albums to sound great both through head phones and from the docks I have st home. Plus they sound incredible pumping out of my home cinema set up when connected to the amp in my living room.

Am I in the minority then, I've never bought a digital thing in my life. That said, there's a limited amount of stuff I buy these days, just Maiden, Tinarawin or The Levellers. Youtube all the way. I am part of the destruction of the music industry, really. Fuck 'em, poor musicians make better music anyway.

Stealing music is such a lame thing. Anyone who rips music off YouTube is a scab who should pay for it! If your too poor get a better job or don’t listen to stuff, simples.

Stealing music is such a lame thing. Anyone who rips music off YouTube is a scab who should pay for it! If your too poor get a better job or don’t listen to stuff, simples.

Not that simples. There are official band and label channels, and YouTube is sometimes the only available resource for rare and out of print music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back