1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish Maiden would re-release the back catalouge on CD

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Sth2112, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Next year it has been 20 years since they re-released the back catalouge on CD. The multimedia parts are totally out of date, the covers are different from their originals, the first three albums have different tracklist...

It's about time for Maiden to re-release their back catalouge on CD again in my opinion. Full blown digipacks like the Sony Legacy reissues, with original covers, a first disc with original tracklisting, a second disc with B-sides, live tracks, unreleased versions/unreleased tracks (I know Maiden probably have released everything they have recorded, but maybe they have something stored away?).

Bruce made some fantastic re-releases with his albums, I think Maiden really should do it to!

Would you buy their albums again, if they were done properly?

2. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

3. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

My suggestions for track listing bonus discs?
    IM:
    The soundhouse tapes
    Sanctuary
    Women in uniform
    Burning ambition
    I've got the fire (live)

Killers:
    Invation
    Twilight zone
    Maiden japan

Numberof the beast:
    Total eclipse
    Beast over hammersmith

POM:
    Ive got the fire
    Cross eyed mary
    Live in dortmund

Powerslave:
    Rainbows gold
    Mission from arry
    King of twilight
    Losfer words (live)

SIT:
    Reach out
    Juanita
    That girl
    Sheriff of huddersfield
    Live in sheffield

7th Son:
    Black bart blues
    Massacre
    Prowler 88
    Charlotte the harlot 88
    Live donington 88

NPFTD
    All in your mind
    Kill me ce soir
    I'm a mover
    Communication breakdown
    Live at wembley

FOTD:
    Nodding donkey blues
    Space station #5
    Bayswater ain't a bad place to be
    I can't see my feelings
    Roll over vic vella
    Outtakes from a real live one/a real dead one

TXF
    Justice of the peace
    Judgement day
    I live my way
    Doctor doctor
    My generation
    Virus

VXI
    Live tracks from the x factour

BNW
    Live tracks from Milan 1999
    Live tracks from Brixton academy 2002

DOD
    Pass the jam
    Blood brothers (orchestral)
    More tea vicar
    Paschendale (orchestral)
    Journeyman (electric version)
    Age of innosence...how old?

AMOLAD
    Hocus pocus
    Space truckin
    Tush
    Angel of death
    Live tracks from 2005

Feel free to come with suggestions!

4. Diplomat

Diplomat Trooper

I just completed 180 g LP collection, but I would buy double digipacks.

5. Why? people don’t buy cds anymore.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

I do.

7. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Nomad

They'll probably be brickwalled to high heaven even if they do.

8. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

You can pick up most CDs online for cheaper than the digital download. So... why wouldn't you buy CDs?

9. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

Yep, plus you have the physical artwork etc.

In fact, I don't think I have EVER bought a digital download! :)

Maiden4Ever likes this.
  10. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Oh no, I've bought hundreds of DL; but if the option is there for a CD (inc. postage) then I'm not wasting my money on the former. Aside from that, I actually don't care either way.

11. Welsh Phantom

Maybe it's a generational thing. The change from vinyls to cd was enough for me LOL

12. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I'm from the vinyl/cassette era myself. Not sure if you're much older than me, so I think it's a you thing! :p

13. Welsh Phantom

I am 48. Most of my mates the same age bracket are still into the physical releases. My one mate has never moved past vinyl, but he's an audiophile :)

14. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Okay, you're a lot more older than me. Fogey territory.

15. Welsh Phantom

Just means I have had more time to listen to and see Maiden ;)

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  16. fekso

fekso Nomad

Still waiting for the compact cassette re-release

Maiden4Ever likes this.
  17. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

I’m in my 40’s and grew up on cassettes before cds were a major thing. I’ve got literally thousands of CD albums and box sets and I was always adamant that I would prefer the physical copy over a download any day, besides having the cd was the best of both worlds as I could rip it onto my iPod/iPhone anyway and have a digital copy plus the cd.

Recently though over the last couple of years I’ve gone more and more digital to the point of now pretty much all my music (and films) are bought through iTunes. Moving house twice in the last 5 years has taught me that having so much stuff really can be a pain in the back side lol.

I do still buy the odd cd now and again and I’ll always buy anything maiden release on cd and vinyl as I’ve got a nice iron maiden collection now of box sets and albums and other stuff that I’ll always keep growing. I just find it’s so convenient to own digital. I’ve got Apple TV, iPhone and iPad and being able to store everything on my smart devices and access them wherever I am is so easy and tidy. I have my entire music collection downloaded to my iPhone which is 20,000+ tracks which is far more convenient that wading through my cd collection each time I fancy listening to music. Plus I find the mastered for iTunes albums to sound great both through head phones and from the docks I have st home. Plus they sound incredible pumping out of my home cinema set up when connected to the amp in my living room.

18. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Am I in the minority then, I've never bought a digital thing in my life. That said, there's a limited amount of stuff I buy these days, just Maiden, Tinarawin or The Levellers. Youtube all the way. I am part of the destruction of the music industry, really. Fuck 'em, poor musicians make better music anyway.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  19. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

Stealing music is such a lame thing. Anyone who rips music off YouTube is a scab who should pay for it! If your too poor get a better job or don’t listen to stuff, simples.

20. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Not that simples. There are official band and label channels, and YouTube is sometimes the only available resource for rare and out of print music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.