Official Tennis thread

Tennis is a lot more fun to watch when Nadal and Federer are at the top of their games. I hope they can keep it up for a few more years.

I watched the third set in the morning before going to work. Anderson never even got to a break point ... 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 and Nadal was in full control all the way.

So how about Tennys Sandgren. Had never won a match at a major before, and is now in the Quarterfinals at the Australian Open.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hyeon Chung went all the way to the Final. So collected and patient for his age. Beat Djokovic at his own game today.

So Federer is now in the 4th part of his career. In the 1st one he was a youngster, in the 2nd one he was unbeatable, in the 3rd one his rivals finally grew enough to consistently beat him (Nadal, Djokovic, Murray). In this, 4th part, his rivals all got wrecked by injuries and the younger players are shit so even a 36-year old Federer is by far the best player in the world.

It tells you how far ahead Federer was that there's only a handful of people who could ever beat him, even now. Easily the greatest tennis player of all time for the gentlemen.

And Marco Cecchinato comes out of nowhere to reach the semi-finals at the French Open. I just can't see him beating Thiem, though.

And of course, no one is beating Rafa. :p

Back