The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Apologies if I missed it, but is there any kind of planned meet up for the Toronto show this weekend? I'll be traveling to Toronto from DC tomorrow, looking forward to (and at the same time dreading) my last Maiden show of the tour!

Yep, can confirm that as well.

Seen them twice and both times it was identical. Ghost went on at 7:30pm to the minute. Played for about 45 minutes. Then there was a half-hour set up for Maiden. Doctor Doctor started around 8:50-55.

Kansas City show was amazing last night, though the heat was excessively uncomfortable and maybe even dangerous to some.

Not only was it around 100 F outside, but apparently at the request of the band the AC inside the arena was turned off all night. This created a very hot and stuffy atmosphere inside the arena. A lot of people were talking about it, and in the intermission between Ghost and Maiden I went out to grab a drink and the clerk I talked to told me he had heard it was because Bruce had requested the AC be turned off. I remained skeptical that was the true reasoning but then a local radio DJ said the same thing this morning.

Lots of people around me left throughout the concert to "go and get some air." Was quite unusual, I can't imagine what the difference would have been having the AC on or off for the band members running around on stage.

One thing's for sure, the band won't be able to complain about the AC tongiht in St. Louis. Haha, it's an outdoor gig and we're in the middle of a heatwave here in the Midwest. Temps are supposed to be between 100-105 F throughout the evening.

A lot of people were talking about it, and in the intermission between Ghost and Maiden I went out to grab a drink and the clerk I talked to told me he had heard it was because Bruce had requested the AC be turned off. I remained skeptical that was the true reasoning but then a local radio DJ said the same thing this morning.

Lots of people around me left throughout the concert to "go and get some air." Was quite unusual, I can't imagine what the difference would have been having the AC on or off for the band members running around on stage.

AC dries out the vocal cords quite a bit, it's actually far better to sing in heat and humidity. Turning off the AC for a whole arena is a lit bit dickish, though. Can't imagine the other band members loved it either.

One of many reasons I prefer outdoor concerts, preferably lawn-general admission setting.
Fresh air, freedom to move around. Way preferred San Bernardino to Vegas again this tour. Of course it was a balmy 78 degrees when Maiden busted out! Hope it's not too uncomfortable for you guys in St Louis. Stay cool and up the Irons!

The weather must be really horrible for an outdoor concert to be worse than one held in a bad indoor arena. In my opinion:

Outdoors in good weather > Indoors in good arena > outdoors in bad, but not horrendous weather > indoors in bad arena > outdoors in horrendous weather :D

Basically anything would have been better than Donington Park in June last year. :puke:

13432360_10208603635520514_4065510635376195030_n.jpg

Yep. *Shudders*

Just got back from the St. Louis show, my hometown so it was a pretty special one. Had FTTB so got there pretty early (around 4:30 pm) and was about twentieth in line. They let us in early (instructions stated we'd be let in at 6:15 pm, but it was more like 5:45 pm. Got on the left side of the stage. It was hot, but wasn't too bad once we got into the pavilion and under the shade. By the time Maiden went on the sun had gone down so it was a bit cooler. Plus I had two water bottles on me.

Ghost was awesome, just like the other two times I saw them. I definitely became a Ghost fan because of them opening this tour. Maiden were spectacular as always. There's something special about hearing Bruce yell, "Scream for me, *your hometown*!" Was one of just a few people at the barrier that was animated all night, fist pumping, singing the lyrics, made eye contact with the band members on several different occasions.

Closed it out by catching a guitar pick from Dave (also managed to get a guitar pick from one of the Ghost ghouls). I was about 2-3 inches away from grabbing one of Nicko's drumsticks too but some asshole behind me slammed into me to prevent this and obtained it himself. Oh well.

Last show of the year for me. Here's to hoping they are on the road again next year, as it's always so fucking depressing to think I may not see them for another two years.

Took a lot of great pictures, here's a few of the better ones.
http://imgur.com/a/7WpSU

Last edited:
AC dries out the vocal cords quite a bit, it's actually far better to sing in heat and humidity. Turning off the AC for a whole arena is a lit bit dickish, though. Can't imagine the other band members loved it either.

Iron Maiden have been requesting to have the air conditioning turned off at the venues they play for decades now.

Back