Blind Guardian

No, they replaced that with Bad Apple.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I know what it's actually about, I just read the title and decided to write this as a (stupid) joke.

I just can't really get into Blind Guardian. Yet I love their sound, very unique brand of power metal. I'm kind of surprised they're not considered the new Iron Maiden.

But I'm just not a huge fan. Especially the new album, just can't get into it.

Watching yesterday's performance at Wacken yesterday on Youtube. It's great so far, Hansi is sounding really good.

Nice to see him dropping a 'Scream for me Wacken!', I'm assuming it was a bit of a nod to Bruce and Maiden but I didn't understand what he said before and after as I don't speak German unfortunately.

AWESOME!!! And I don't think I've ever heard Hansi use that vocal style from the line: "We will defeat the fearsest enemy" I hope he uses more of that on their next release.

Interview with Hansi: http://www.metalcommand.net/mp3/hansi2017.mp3

They are currently mixing the new double live album (most likely audio only) coming out around the beginning of July of this year.
Most of the instrumental parts of the orchestral concept album are recorded, Hansi will begin singing soon. Release expected within the next year.
Two songs written by Andre for the next traditional Blind Guardian album have already been recorded. They are close to the style of BTRM, but a bit more agressive.

http://www.blind-guardian.com/2017/05/08/live-beyond-the-spheres-3cd4lp-to-be-released-on-july-7th/

A new live album from Blind Guardian called 'Live Beyond the Spheres' will be released on July 7th. It was recorded at various shows across their European tour in 2015, but I hope there's something from London. :)

live-beyond-the-spheres.jpg

So that's four albums featuring Blind Guardian/Hansi coming in the next two years?

4? I see the live album, the new BG orchestral project, and Demons And Wizards. What am I missing? Unless the 4th is Children Of The Smith.

Andre is already working on the next classic BG album! :clap:
They might wait for a while after the orchestral album before releasing it though.

Good to hear the crowd has been left in, at least in parts, but the band must have been enhanced big time. So much that it might as well be a studio recording with some people cheering.

Back