Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I'll have to go and find it. It was a repost in a Maiden group on FB, so I'm not sure where it was originally posted or how old it is. It appears to have been done and posted by Austin.
I see! If it's easily findable I'd love to see it, no worries though. In a similar vein, here's a Justin McBrain original featuring Nicko's singing "skills" in the kitchen:

:D

Good lord that's quite a fire- why am I not surprised Bruce is a bit of a pyro?

Thanks for posting this!

Nicko's New Years Eve radio special- http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/nicko/

Haven't listened yet, but there's a link at the end of the article!
Nicko's tracklist (not 100% accurate but here is what I remember from listening):
1. The Trooper
Nicko welcomes everyone.
2. My Generation
3. Kashmir
Nicko speaks about Keith Moon and Bonzo.
4. Makin' Magic
Nicko Speaks about his time in Pat Travers's band and making and naming the Makin' Magic album.
5. Antisocial
6. The Number Of The Beast
Nicko speaks about Trust and opening for Iron Maiden and wearing the devil's costume during TNOTB.
7. *Forgot the title of the song here*
8. Let It Rock
Nicko speaks about his friendship with Tico Torres and how Tico stole a bottle of Don Perignon from Nick, Davey and H in Tokyo.
9. Love Gun
10. Poison
Nicko speaks about golfing with Alice Cooper.
11. Hot For Teacher
Nicko speaks about Alex Van Halen and his admiration for Alex's drumming on that song.
12. Speed Of Light
Nicko speaks about the British BOS tour and imitates Rod again. He also speaks about the new ticketing system.
13. Sound Of Madness (Shinedown)
14. Hellraiser
Nicko speaks about Lemmy and Mikkey Dee (Nicko admits that he is still better looking than Mikkey).
15. Bat Out Of Hell
16. Back In Black
17. Slip Of The Tongue
Nicko speaks about Tommy Aldrige. And announces the intro tape for the new year, which of course is:
18. Doctor Doctor
19. Two Minutes To Midnight
Nicko counts down the new year.

Bought the latest Metal Hammer today and it contains a free (small) Maiden book, featuring some of MH's classic interviews with IM down the ages. very interesting Blaze era interview. Steve says he prefers the Black album and Load to classic Metallica, and fears he upset Hetfield by criticising his vocals in the classic 80s Metallica era. Says he prefers Metallica as a straightforward rock band, because he likes vocal melody. Steve also seems to get stuck a bit on Dave Ling not liking the song 'Fortunes of War' but in a humorous way. It's a great interview, so revealing, although most people on here may have read it already.

If that was like a half and half interview involving Lars Ulrich as well, I remember it from when it was out originally.

have to pick up that metal hammer, sounds like the maiden book would be great

Great interview

Sorry if it is already posted round here somewhere.

I've bought the Metal Hammer thing (quite expansive to have it shipped overseas). The booklet is a very ugly thing (bad paper, little format, almost no photos) but contains some interesting interviews. It is entitled A brief history of Iron maiden, but it begins in 1995. The magazine itself features a very short interview with Steve about Maiden's plans for 2017 ; I shall scan it and post it here as soon as I get home, but there is really nothing special. This magazine is a real mess, visually, quite horrible to read. The most interesting thing is an article bout Mastodon, and an interview with Sabaton's singer: he looks ridiculous, I hate his music, but he looks like a very nice and interesting character.

I've bought the Metal Hammer thing (quite expansive to have it shipped overseas). The booklet is a very ugly thing (bad paper, little format, almost no photos) but contains some interesting interviews. It is entitled A brief history of Iron maiden, but it begins in 1995. The magazine itself features a very short interview with Steve about Maiden's plans for 2017 ; I shall scan it and post it here as soon as I get home, but there is really nothing special. This magazine is a real mess, visually, quite horrible to read. The most interesting thing is an article bout Mastodon, and an interview with Sabaton's singer: he looks ridiculous, I hate his music, but he looks like a very nice and interesting character.

Incorrect. The first interview it contains is from 1987. ;)

I was under the assumption that this topic was meant for non-video interviews and articles and news etc. I thought it focused on new things especially. At least, we did not have such topic yet so Brigs made it last year.

We do have a 10 year old video/audio topic full of the stuff like you just posted GK1.

Reactions: Gk1
Re; the Bruce video above: I am a little disappointed that Bruce didn't know who Yngwie Malmsteen was. Especially considering he was showing a video for a song from his 3rd album.

Back