The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

I know steve said they won't change much but why do people think COTD or TOAC are most likely? Is there an interview or video suggesting that or is this speculation

Mostly speculation. I too feel as though those songs wont't be in the set this year. Probably dropped for Wrathchild..

I'm hoping they drop neither of those, to be honest. Would prefer if they dropped The Red And The Black & replaced it with Wrathchild. They could play it twice.

Hoping they keep The Red And The Black. Seeing the show in Mansfield, MA and would het to miss that track. I do NOT need to see Wrathchild again! I think COTD could be swapped as they have changed out an older song or two from leg to leg before. But I's one of my fave so I hope they don't. TOAC is one of my least faves on TBOS so no issue with that getting dropped.

I know steve said they won't change much but why do people think COTD or TOAC are most likely? Is there an interview or video suggesting that or is this speculation

All the songs from 2016 setlist apart from COTD, TOAC, TRATB, IM and WY were in the tour promo video, which means they will be played. IM is always played. They probably won't drop TRATB and WY 2016 live was some kind of a promo for the USA leg.

COTD can be dropped as long as it is replaced with something equally or more rare. Everything else should stay.

I would much rather see COTD again and lose TOAC, even though I like that song and enjoyed it in the set. Once COTD is dropped, I doubt it will ever come back.

That's true too, but you could say the same for all TBOS songs except maybe Speed of Light

The Red and the Black was one of the live highlights for me. I'd be really upset if they dropped the song too.

The Red and the Black was one of the live highlights for me. I'd be really upset if they dropped the song too.

Yeah, better live than on the record. COTD (or really any of the older tunes), I would be fine swapping one or two out .. especially if they were for not recently/frequently played pre-BOS tunes

For me, the problem with TRATB is that it's about 3 minutes too long. IMO parts of the song drag on/repeat ad nauseam, like the vocal bit before H's solo and the otherwise brilliant instrumental section

The problem with TRATB is that it has problems. 99% of Maiden songs, to me, have no problems. TRATB is down right hard to listen to at times. IMO It is an incoherent jumble, with some very nice parts mixed in. Dropping this for two other songs would be ok.

Last edited:
TRATB ... I am sure it will stay in the setlist ...I have 2 problems with the song

1) Call my a cynic, but when hearing the Whoa-oh-oh-oh part, I pictured Steve writing the song and saying "we need a crowd participation part" and to me it just seems contrived
2) I like all the music bits in the song, but it seems like two song ideas merged into one without very good transitions, it just does not flow well.

That said ... the Whoa-oh part was not annoying live and the musical bits sounded really good live and for whatever reason the transitions did not sound as clunky to me

Said it before, TBOS and IESF would be the two songs I would like to see survive to some future tours and I stick with that, but TRATB is a cool addition to this tour.

I loved TRATB studio version but seeing it live last year blew me away.

And just like that, it snuck up to my top 5 Maiden songs over this past year.

Back