GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Looks like we already have a lot of bands we could do from the look of things?!

From the new bands suggested I would participate in Hypocrisy..mayybbeee Iced Earth.

I wouldn't be a %100 participant in any of these survivors, but I'm familiar with classic era Deep Purple and I've been planning on exploring Jethro Tull (further), Gentle Giant and Van der Graaf Generator anyway. Voted for these four.

Surprised at this level of support for Gentle Giant.

Frankly I don't think they would work well in a survivor format, but it would be better to include them as part of a broader prog rock survivor.

On that topic, I was thinking of how to run that sort of survivor and I've decided that a Prog rock survivor will run like the traditional band survivors. Instead of exploring the discography of a band, it will include a selection of classic prog albums. I would probably try to stick to one album per artist, but with some exceptions. For example, I would probably include three Yes albums just because the songs are so long that some albums only have 3.

To be honest, I'm not overly excited by any of these choices. A few of them I'd be willing to try out as a noob, but Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree are the only ones that I'll be fully committed to for the foreseeable future.

As it stands, Dutch Female Fronted Metal is in the lead; has advantage over Deep Purple since Deep Purple already had one Survivor :)

I would love to do BOC . I'd even host.
I'd probably be in for UFO and Purple because I know them well enough.
And Dutch, Savatage, and Mastodon I might be curious enough to play along.

Deep Purple takes the lead! Although it's all up in the air until Bruce Dickinson Survivor ends, since the winner will take its place... who would host this game?

P.S. It would be nice if it was someone who never hosted anything before :)

I would vote and participate in a Deep Purple game (I think I might even have been the one nominating it?) if it should happen.... but on second thought.... I've also just spent a long time going through all of their albums in the discography thread (we're now up to the second last album, 2005's Rapture of the Deep) The prospect of starting all over from the first album again is not too appealing :D but I'll do it if I have to! :edmetal: I wish the 6 other people voting for Purple had participated more in the discussion thread though :nonono:

Last edited:
I would vote and participate in a Deep Purple game (I think I might even have been the one nominating it?) if it should happen.... but on second thought.... I've also just spent a long time going through all of their albums in the discography thread (we're now up to the second last album, 2005's Rapture of the Deep) The prospect of starting all over from the first album again is not too appealing :D but I'll do it if I have to! :edmetal: I wish the 6 other people voting for Purple had participated more in the discussion thread though :nonono:
I wish you'd participated in Amorphis and Opeth. :nonono:

@mckindog: How about you bring back World Cup of Maidenfans after the Maiden lyrics game? :) The one where we vote for best bands. It doesn't require much effort from voters since all you need to do is pick which band you like more/less and it could provide a lot of discussion :)

Back