The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Yes. Let's take a moment and reflect on how cool Travis is, and how much he has meant to this forum over the years! Freakin 100% serious dude. You rock!:cheers:.

I have no problems whatsoever with the sample vocals for Powerslave just as I have no problem with the pre-recorded laugh at the beginning of the song, or the pre-recorded opening voice to TNOB. I do, however, find it underwhelming when Maiden uses pre-recorded music during the start of a song. For example, Aces High in 2008 and Caught Somewhere In Time in 86-87. The openings to these songs are brilliant. A highlight of this tour was Bruce singing the opening to IESF which I was expecting to be pre-recorded.

Maybe a bad example with IESF, as it is the pre recorded intro from the actual album....including Bruce's vocals.

Bruce just sings additionally to the actual album track....which I was really surprised at. Surely they could have got an instrumental only mix?

I saw an interview on youtube somewhere where Bruce says so and laughs about it.

I do get your point though ;)

I like the layered vocal effect from what I heard on the Wacken stream. The effect sounds intentional. Slightly different, and better in my opinion, than if they'd simply used a delay/echo.

I'm also getting more and more excited about Maiden playing the UK next year after Bruce's Wacken announcement and guys on here dropping big hints. Crossing my figures his "UK" also includes a little flight across the water to Ireland.

I have an question for everybody here. We know that the next year's leg (or chapter 4) can mean a slightly tweaked setlist. The new songs will probably stay as will the well known classics. The most likely songs to be replaced are: COTD, Powerslave, Blood Brothers and Wasted Years. So what would you replace them with? Here is my take with a few options numbered from 3 to 1, in ascending order of what I would wish to hear in that slot. Also all songs were played live before and are similar lenght to the track replaced.

Replacing Children Of The Damned:
3. 22 Accacia Avenue
- I think it's time that song makes a return to the set. Being lastly played in 2003 it was absent for too long now. And since the next year is TNOTB's 35 anniversary that is the chance
2. Brave New World - It was probably replaced by TOAC in the original setlist, so why not play it instead of COTD on the 4th leg.
1. Stranger In A Strange Land - It would be so cool to hear that live.

Replacing Powerslave:
(Disclaimer: Powerslave is the least likely to be replaced in this setlist, since it goes so well with the Mayan theme, but it's still more likely than a new song)
3. The Clansman - Again, another song that could be cool to hear again live.
2. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg/Brighter Than A Thousand Suns - Some say, that this year's setlist suffered from lacking an AMLOAD song. So here, pick one.
1. Infinite Dreams - An apology for the cardinal sin from the ME tour.

Replacing Blood Brothers:
3. Coming Home
- It Goes nice with the UK tour. To Albion's land.
2. Out Of The Silent Planet - Very rarely played track. It could be a great singalong.
1. Journeyman (This would mean switching positions with TNOTB in the set) - Not my favourite studio track, but the Death On The Road version is just magical.

Replacing Wasted Years:
(Disclaimer: these tracks wouldn't work as show closers, so they would switch places with Hallowed in the set):
3. Rainmaker
- Another song that was gone for too long.
2. The Clairvoyant - The least played ˝popular˝ song from SSOASS in the recent years.
1. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter - With singalong before (2003 version).

But knowing Maiden and their setlists we will get:
Revelations for COTD, Wicker Man for BB and Sanctuary for WY.

So what would you like to hear next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction for next years set, if there is one.
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. The Red and the Black
5. The Trooper
6. Powerslave (or Brave New World)
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name
8. Death or Glory
9. The Wicker Man
10. The Book of Souls
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---
13. Number of the Beast
14. Wasted Years
15. Run to the Hills

And I would say that I'm fairly close.

No chance any of the new songs get switched out with other BOS tracks though? How about tears and DOG out and SOTV and WTRRD or TGU in? :)

DoG isn't going anywhere, if anything gets replaced it's Tears and possibly TRATB.

Thank You Travis!!! You are a legend! :notworthy:
Yes. Let's take a moment and reflect on how cool Travis is, and how much he has meant to this forum over the years! Freakin 100% serious dude. You rock!:cheers:.
AWWWWWW! I'm really feeling the love now! It's nothing and I'm really glad to help out. The real ones to thank are those who take time to record and originally upload all of this material.

My ultimate dream is for Maiden to drop 18 minutes worth of songs, bring a piano on stage along with a violin player and replace those songs with....Well, you know what I mean. ;) I know the chances of it happening are a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance, but it sure would be amazing!

I think there is a better chance of it happening than most people think.

I think there is a better chance of it happening than most people think.

Bruce hinted at indoor shows only. And only in Europe. This could mean that Maiden are bringing an orchestra on the road. Indoor shows - no problems with climate changes with instruments, Europe only - low travelling costs for an orchestra (busses).

Can't see them taking an orchestra on tour, pretty expensive and a logistics nightmare. I could see them doing a one off show, probably at the very end of the tour.

I hope they play Brave New World next year. If they come to the US I'm definitely going to attend two shows. Setlist is pretty spot on and imho I wouldnt be upset if they didn't change anything.

Back