The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Shut the fuck up, NP. Didn't believe you for one millisecond... because I was just about to post the same thing! :p

Oh btw, the "SECC" in Glasgow isn't a likely venue for Maiden anymore. Get your facts right! :nonono:

The show in NYC was unreal - definitely one of the best times I've had at a Maiden show. Performance wise it was a bit tighter than when I saw them in Vegas - still amazingly awesome. Snagged a MSG event shirt too to cap everything off. Just another amazing night seeing my favorite band live.

I'm settling now into stage 2 of post Maiden show depression. Just hoping there will be a next time!!!

I've just watched one of the Youtube vids of IESF live, and caught Adrian's playing in the final chorus for the first time. It sounds amazing. I'm not sure if it's slightly different to the album version, but if not, it's a lot clearer.

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE 2016 UK ARENA TOUR!
Band to wrap up The Book Of Souls World Tour with homecoming gigs...

Iron Maiden have announced details of a UK arena tour, which is due to take place this summer. The band will play ten shows as they come to the end of their The Book Of Souls World Tour.
The UK leg kicks off in Aberdeen on August 6 and concludes in London on August 21. The London show will be professionally filmed and recorded for an upcoming CD/DVD release. For that occassion, for the first time ever, Iron Maiden will perform two full sets in one night.

Iron Maiden founder Steve Harris said:
“Everything in the Maiden camp has been so full on these last five years or so that we haven't travelled around the UK to play for our home fans for almost that long. We are especially looking forward to the London show for which we've prepared a set of songs we haven't played in a long time... or ever! It's gonna be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for everyone because we'll play two sets in one night for the first, and last time ever. Some of the songs will also never be brought back afterwards. You don't want to miss this one!"

Iron Maiden's 2016 UK arena dates are:

Aberdeen AECC P&J Arena - August 6
Glasgow, SECC – August 7
Newcastle Metro Radio Arena – August 9
Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena – August 10
Nottingham, Trent Arena – August 12
Manchester, MEN Arena – August 14
Birmingham, NIA – August 16
Cardiff, CIA – August 17
Belfast, Odyssey – August 19
London, O2 Arena – August 21

Tickets go on sale on April 4 at 10am. For more details and to buy Iron Maiden tickets, check out Gigwise Gig Tickets.

This really needed a Rickroll link somewhere

Yes it is, it's more melodic and more of it is in higher register than on the album.

IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE 2ND LEG OF THE BOOK OF SOULS WORLD TOUR

Following the astounding success of the present leg of THE BOOK OF SOULS WORLD TOUR, IRON MAIDEN will tour around the world again, promoting both THE BOOK OF SOULS and our new and awesome game LEGACY OF THE BEAST. About this leg, Steve Harris says "At first, we planned to do a small tour, only with selected venues in Latin America and UK. But, since we're enjoying ourselves so much, we just decided to play a full leg again. We'll be visiting some old cities and new friends, finishing with a special tour in the homeland. We owe that to our dear UK friends." About the setlist, he says "We'll maintain the majority of THE BOOK OF SOULS songs, as the stage. But we'll play some songs that are featured on THE LEGACY OF THE BEAST, some classics and some old songs that we don't play in a while. This'll be fantastic, i can't wait to show to our fans what we have planned".

Bruce Dickinson says: "We'll use the ED FORCE ONE to it's full capacity, bringing our concert to some inedit places, like Havana, Kingston and Anchorage. We'll also be able to play to our old friends in the Middle East and South Korea in the middle of the european part. Since the majority of the european tour in 2016 was festivals, we plan to play some intimate shows on this part. And, for the first time, we'll use the ED FORCE ONE on the whole european tour. So, wherever you are, our plane will catch you".

Adrian Smith completes: "We already have some songs ready for the next album. It's very exciting to write on the road, i think we'll be able to release a new album really soon. Hopefully, very inspired on THE BOOK OF SOULS."

To finish, the american part of the tour - both north and latin - will have, as very special guests, JUDAS PRIEST. Rob Halford stated "It's a personal dream of mine to tour with IRON MAIDEN again. Our fans can wait for a massive metal fest". In the other venues, the opening act will be GHOST. Except in Hamar, which will see SEPULTURA.

The 2nd leg will kickoff on February 04th, Saturday, in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Feb 04 - Esplanada do Mineirão, Belo Horizonte, BRAZIL
Feb 06 - Praça da Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL
Feb 08 - Arena Pernambuco, Recife, BRAZIL
Feb 11 - Arena Amazônia, Manaus, BRAZIL
Feb 14 - Pedreira Paulo Leminski, Curitiba, BRAZIL
Feb 16 - Allianz Parque Stadium, São Paulo, BRAZIL
Feb 19 - Estádio Campeón del Siglo, Montevideo, URUGUAY
Feb 21 - Estádio Monumental de Nuñez, Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
Feb 23 - Estádio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendonza, ARGENTINA
Feb 26 - Estádio Nacional, Santiago, CHILE
Feb 28 - Estádio Municipal de Collao, Concepción, CHILE
Mar 02 - Estádio Defensores del Chaco, Asunción, PARAGUAY
Mar 05 - Estádio Hernando Siles, La Paz, BOLÍVIA
Mar 09 - Estádio Universidad San Marcos, Lima, PERU
Mar 11 - Estádio de Liga Deportiva Universitaria, Quito, EQUADOR
Mar 14 - Estádio El Campín, Bogotá, COLOMBIA
Mar 16 - Estádio Olímpico Jaime Morón León, Cartagena, COLOMBIA
Mar 20 - Estádio Ricardo Saprissa Aymá, San José, COSTA RICA
Mar 22 - Estádio Nacional de Tegucigalpa, Tegucigalpa, HONDURAS
Mar 25 - Estádio Panamericano, Havana, CUBA
Mar 27 - Independence Park, Kingston, JAMAICA
Apr 01 - Estádio Azteca, Ciudad de México, MÉXICO
Apr 04 - Estádio Corona, Torreón, MÉXICO
Apr 08 - Austin360 Amphitheater, Austin, TX
Apr 10 - Ax-Chin Pavillion, Phoenix, AZ
Apr 12 - Sports Parkway, Sacramento, CA
Apr 14 - Veteran Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR
Apr 16 - Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT
Apr 18 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
Apr 21 - Sprint Center, Kansas City, MO
Apr 23 - Fairgrounds Colisseum, Indianapolis, IN
Apr 25 - Verizon Center, Washington, DC
Apr 27 - FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN
Apr 28 - Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
Apr 30 - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
May 02 - Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA
May 05 - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY
May 07 - TD Garden, Boston, MA
May 10 - MTS Centre, Winnipeg, MA
May 12 - TD Place Stadium, Ottawa, ON
May 15 - Sullivan Arena, Anchorage, AL
May 30 - Zénith de Nancy, Maxéville, FRANCE
Jun 02 - Arena of Nîmes, Nîmes, FRANCE
Jun 04 - Lanxess Arena, Cologne, GERMANY
Jun 06 - Peace and Friendship Stadium, Athens, GREECE
Jun 07 - Ulker Sports Arena, Istambul, TURKEY
Jun 10 - Jerusalem Payis Arena, Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Jun 13 - Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai, INDIA
Jun 15 - Jamsil Stadium, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA
Jun 18 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, FINLAND
Jun 20 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK
Jun 21 - Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, UK
Jun 23 - Genting Arena, Birmingham, UK
Jun 24 - RDS Arena, Dublin, IRELAND
Jun 26 - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, SCOTLAND
Jun 27 - Meadowbank Stadium, Edinburgh, SCOTLAND
Jun 29 - Liberty Stadium, Swansea, WALES
Jul 01 - Vikingskipet, Hamar, NORWAY
Jul 03 - Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, SWEDEN
Jul 07 and Jul 08 - O2 Arena, London, UK

Source: www.ironmaiden.com/news/tour/im-allowed-to-dream

Wtf is this?
They're playing Sunday 24th May in Beijing, then, by your list Monday 25th in Cuba, then they're in Shanghai next day.
Hilarious. I

Wtf is this?
They're playing Sunday 24th May in Beijing, then, by your list Monday 25th in Cuba, then they're in Shanghai next day.
Hilarious. I

This was a April 1st joke. Actually, I used the excuse of a joke to play a game called "Be Rod and plan their 2nd leg in 2017. Preferably with the kickoff gig in your city".

Yes, I had nothing to do at office today

Back