The Official Book of Souls Tour 2016 Thread (Warning: Spoilers within!)

Definitely says U.S first shows. But doesn't it say like only 4/5 shows in the states then off to South America?
I'm predicting first shows west coast: Seattle - San Francisco area- L.A/ Orange County- Phoenix or (fingers crossed) las vega$$!!. Then Mexico and south Am.....
3 dates in the US, then South America, then 10 more dates between the US and Canada in late March.

So we've got 3 USA dates and then 10 USA/Canada dates...

My guess is we're looking at:
- New York, Texas, L.A.

And then at least 3 Canada dates, leaving only 7 for the mainland U.S., probably:
- another Texas
- another California (northern)
- one more East Coast
- somewhere in Florida near Nicko's rib joint
- Chicago
- Seattle
- either Southwest (Arizona or New Mexico) or somewhere in the South (though this is more doubtful)

Or they could do those early dates all in one area, probably East Coast, and spread the rest out over the rest of N.A.

What do you guys think...should I join the fan club for this?

Just because there is three cities starting off the tour, everyone is guessing Texas is one of them. Remember the AMOLAD tour where only eight cities were played...and Texas WAS NOT one of them!!

Oh yea, Dream Theater opening for Maiden is actually what got me into them. They were so awesome, one of the best opening bands even if the setlist wasn't the best. I still remember the chills I got from those opening bass harmonics from As I Am. I actually don't think I'd recommend seeing them headline unless you're a big fan who enjoys most of their music/whatever is on the setlist. So if that's not you then seeing them opening up for someone else is a better arrangement IMO. I loved seeing them live on the last tour, but I wonder if the casual fan would have as much of a good time.

What i liked about Dream Theater's setlist when they opened for Maiden was they spread it out over six different LPs instead of most of the setlist being from one or two LPs

So we've got 3 USA dates and then 10 USA/Canada dates...

My guess is we're looking at:
- New York, Texas, L.A.

And then at least 3 Canada dates, leaving only 7 for the mainland U.S., probably:
- another Texas
- another California (northern)
- one more East Coast
- somewhere in Florida near Nicko's rib joint
- Chicago
- Seattle
- either Southwest (Arizona or New Mexico) or somewhere in the South (though this is more doubtful)

Or they could do those early dates all in one area, probably East Coast, and spread the rest out over the rest of N.A.

What do you guys think...should I join the fan club for this?
Bruce has pretty much confirmed that Florida will be one of the first three shows. "Don't go on holiday in February" he said to a Florida caller on one of these many radio interviews he did last week...

Bruce has pretty much confirmed that Florida will be one of the first three shows. "Don't go on holiday in February" he said to a Florida caller on one of these many radio interviews he did last week...
So maybe Miami, Atlanta, Dallas?

MAIDEN ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF CONCERTS IN NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIA IN APRIL/MAY 2016
Published: Sep 13, 2015

THE NEW ALBUM “THE BOOK OF SOULS” DEBUTS AT NUMBER 2 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND, ALSO DEBUTING AT NO.1 IN THE UK AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES

MAIDEN, CREW AND EQUIPMENT TO ARRIVE ON ED FORCE ONE, A BOEING 747-400 JUMBO JET PILOTED BY VOCALIST BRUCE DICKINSON

ironmaiden1000.jpg

Rock legends IRON MAIDEN, whose new studio double album “The Book of Souls” just debuted at No 2 in Australia and New Zealand, will make a massively anticipated return to Australasia at the end of April on their enormous Boeing 747-400 jumbo jet Ed Force One, piloted by vocalist Bruce Dickinson and carrying band, crew and stage production and equipment.

Returning to New Zealand after seven years, Maiden will play 2 shows, April 29 in Christchurch at the Horncastle Arena followed by May 1 at the Auckland Vector Arena.

Maiden will then continue to Australia, where they haven’t played since 2011, to perform five shows. The dates are:

• Brisbane Entertainment Centre on May 4,
• Sydney Allphones Arena on May 6
• Melbourne Rod Laver Arena on May 9
• Adelaide Entertainment Centre on May 12
• Perth Arena on May 14

Bruce comments;

“We cannot wait to get back out on tour. When we start in the USA in late February it will be 19 months since our last show at Sonisphere in the UK so we are raring to go. Maiden thrive on touring and getting out to our fans, it’s what we do best, so it will be a great feeling to board our new Jumbo Ed Force One with the crew and the gear and head round the globe and get back on stage for you guys. We haven’t played in Australia and New Zealand for a number of years so it will be a pleasure to play for our Antipodean cousins again, irrespective of who wins the dates with destiny at Twickenham in a few weeks’ time!!

“Of course we haven't decided on the set list as yet and won’t until we start rehearsing but we really look forward to playing a number of new songs live, especially as the recording was so much live. However, as it’s been a while since we saw you all, I am sure we will include plenty of older fan favourites too. I think the fans will be delighted by what we have in mind. We are also in the middle of creating the new show and rest assured we are working hard to bring you all something spectacular, something with a lot of heart !!! You certainly deserve it for your patience.“

The support band on The Book Of Souls World Tour will be The Raven Age

Tickets for all shows go on sale at noon local time Thursday September 24.

As usual, there will be an exclusive pre-sale for IRON MAIDEN Fan Club members, starting Thursday September 17, details of which can be found here. Fan Club members will also be eligible in the draw to be ’First To The Barrier’.

Tickets for the Christchurch show will be via the authorised seller Ticketek New Zealand – www.ticketek.co.nz
Tickets for the Auckland show will be via the authorised seller Ticketmaster New Zealand – www.ticketmaster.co.nz
Tickers for all the Australian shows will be via the authorised seller Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au

Both Iron Maiden Management and the Promoters Dainty Group urge the Public to only buy tickets from the authorised Agency’s listed above.

LINK: http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-an...-zealand-and-australia-in-aprilmay-2016-.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fans will be delighted by what we have in mind.
This sounds good. And special. It really could mean something unexpected (a more rare song to return in the set).

I don't think such use of words was chosen if it's about Hallowed or any other regular older song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I thought they would announce U.S. dates first. And who are The Raven Age?

Edit: Added info and tour dates to first post

I think the fans will be delighted by what we have in mind. We are also in the middle of creating the new show and rest assured we are working hard to bring you all something spectacular, something with a lot of heart !!!
Very interesting remark. What could it be...? Also: some onstage heart ripping confirmed? ;)

Besides, why do all their sons have to play some crappy metalcore :p

A VERY important question for all the mods and admins:
Once the tour starts, are we going to have 2 separate threads like before? One where spoiler tags have to be used and one where they don't? I thought that worked out really well the last time around.

Very interesting remark. What could it be...? Also: some onstage heart ripping confirmed? ;)

Big physical Eddie in the background with an extended arm, holding a huge heart above the band. During the Losfer Words/Big Orra´part of BOS, Eddie squeezes the heart and blood is pouring on the band, Slayer-style! :shred:

Back