What guitar do you play?

I also had that Adrian Smith Jackson SDX. That was awful. Don't buy one, not worth it. Though Saap will probably disagree with me. If you must have one that bad, get the expensive one. I sold it and got the Schecter Stealth, which was a significant upgrade over that thing.

The guitar has its flaws but changing the stock pickups should make the SDX a viable guitar for its price range. Some things like difficult access to the higher frets, Floyd Rose Special (rather than the Original), bright Fendery sound etc do bug me about it but I don't see why you think it's downright awful. I'm looking for an upgrade anyway, waiting to try out some Music Man JP models once a local store acquires them.

The guitar has its flaws but changing the stock pickups should make the SDX a viable guitar for its price range. Some things like difficult access to the higher frets, Floyd Rose Special (rather than the Original), bright Fendery sound etc do bug me about it but I don't see why you think it's downright awful. I'm looking for an upgrade anyway, waiting to try out some Music Man JP models once a local store acquires them.
The tone was the bad part, sounded exactly like my old Fender Squire. It could have benefited from some better pickups too. It also seemed very cheaply built.

Me too!!! I love Schecters. they make really great guitars! In fact I own 3 of them. Here's my list..

I also had that Adrian Smith Jackson SDX. That was awful. Don't buy one, not worth it. Though Saap will probably disagree with me. If you must have one that bad, get the expensive one. I sold it and got the Schecter Stealth, which was a significant upgrade over that thing.

Yeah I'm really pleased with the Schecter. I really went to buy an ESP but the guy in the shop suggested I try it and it just felt RIGHT!! I'd like to own more...if only I had space for a mancave!

YAM-PAC-112-TDG.jpg

Yamaha_CPX_500_II_Dark_Red_Burst_10.jpg

Havent played Electric in Years.

Acoustic sounds nice though for what i could afford at that time

Sully Supernova Custom Shop

Sully 622 Custom Shop

Halo Altus Custom Shop

Halo Soul Custom Shop

Jackson U.S.A. Kelly Custom Shop

Jackson CB-X

Esh Stinger Real Gothic

Ibanez Destroyer DTB400B

Halo PT Custom Shop

B.C. Rich Warlock (Paolo Gregoletto signature)

Last edited:
Back