#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

Ordered 2 deluxe and 1 vinyl, from amazon uk....now they traveling in different shipments across some countries, italy, belgium, uk, germany, and who knows what others, in their way to mexico.

Ordered 2 deluxe and 1 vinyl, from amazon uk....now they traveling in different shipments across some countries, italy, belgium, uk, germany, and who knows what others, in their way to mexico.
Your albums travels more than I. :D

I didn't pre-order the album so I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to find it today, but I went to my local Best Buy and they had at least 12 copies of both the deluxe, and the standard versions, on the shelves. Which is really saying something, as their CD selection has really gone to shit over the years. Ending up picking up the deluxe version for $21. Not a bad way to start the day!

Yeah got my deluxe version on Thursday . Anyway I actually expect TBOS to sell substantially better than TFF . The hype is much bigger , the vinyl resurrection actually helps bands like IM and IM is not the kind of band that is likely to follow the downtrend of album sales . I expect the U.k number to be huge .

Yes it did! I have the deluxe version since yesterday in my hands.

And by the look of things, i think Maiden may pretty well reach #1 here in Portugal, there were literally lines of people at my record store to get the album, not at all something i see everyday :clap:

Did my duty in United States! Bought 2 deluxe, one to open, one to keep mint , and a jewel case! I'm single handedly trying to get them to number one over here! I want them to come back to New Orleans for a show. Last time down here was 1988! If I want to see them now I have to drive to houston!
I live in Houston and have seen Maiden here many times, however....don't feel left out because Maiden did skip Houston on the following tours: Fear of the Dark, Virtual XI, Ed Hunter, Dance of Death, Eddie Rips Up The World, MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, and 2nd leg of Final Frontier (after LP released).
I drove to Dallas for Ed Hunter (had to see the reunion).

I bought the LP and deluxe CD. Both my kids bought the CD. Think we did our duty :)

Bruce said in one of his interviews that they shipped 600K physical copies world wide. A pretty big number in 2015

Awesome to see everyone supporting the band, many of who downloaded the leak!

The only reason I downloaded the leak was because I'm impatient, and knowing that the album was out there already made me wanna hear it. I'd had it pre-ordered since the announcement and always intended on buying a physical copy, like I always do, not just with Maiden either

The only reason I downloaded the leak was because I'm impatient, and knowing that the album was out there already made me wanna hear it. I'd had it pre-ordered since the announcement and always intended on buying a physical copy, like I always do, not just with Maiden either
I ceased productivity at work until I acquired the leak. But also picked up the deluxe first day of availability! I also couldn't wait to hear this masterpiece.

If you pay for a genuine physical copy, I don't see what is the problem in getting the album from torrents, sharing sites as well. After all, with very basic technical knowledge it's very straightforward to convert any CD into audio files. And if you have a means to play a vinyl, while not as straightforward, you could easily convert it to digital format as well. So in the case one has purchased a copy, I think it would be fair to download it from sharing tubes to save on that effort.

If you pay for a genuine physical copy, I don't see what is the problem in getting the album from torrents, sharing sites as well. After all, with very basic technical knowledge it's very straightforward to convert any CD into audio files. And if you have a means to play a vinyl, while not as straightforward, you could easily convert it to digital format as well. So in the case one has purchased a copy, I think it would be fair to download it from sharing tubes to save on that effort.
I agree, but they should include lossless digital downloads with every media purchase. With the ease of downloading, the music industry needs to offer more in their physical releases.

Posts on Reddit last night suggest TBOS is close to sold out in the US. Reports from across the country that Best Buys were sold out by mid-afternoon. Later today, I'm going to visit the Best Buy I visited yesterday and see how their stock fared.

Posts on Reddit last night suggest TBOS is close to sold out in the US. Reports from across the country that Best Buys were sold out by mid-afternoon. Later today, I'm going to visit the Best Buy I visited yesterday and see how their stock fared.
That would be amazing.

Wow!! That gave me some shivers. When I picked mine up from Best Buy early afternoon they had 2 deluxes and zero jewels on display.

I live in Houston and have seen Maiden here many times, however....don't feel left out because Maiden did skip Houston on the following tours: Fear of the Dark, Virtual XI, Ed Hunter, Dance of Death, Eddie Rips Up The World, MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, and 2nd leg of Final Frontier (after LP released).
I drove to Dallas for Ed Hunter (had to see the reunion).

I live in New Orleans do the Jazz fest thing, we have another music fest in October callled voodoo experience. kISS have played it, Ozzy is coming again, I'm hoping they can get Maiden next year. I love Houston by the way. The Cynthia Woods Pavillion Center is my favorite place in the world to catch a concert. Have seen Maiden in '12 and KISS last year. Both concerts were in Auguat and somehow with those big fans, I didn't break a sweat and my beer stayed cold! Houston is AWESOME! :)

Back