#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

Got the Deluxe Edition, and have listened to the album on Spotify while on my PC. (Spotify streams are also included in sales today.)

All $00.0000000000072 cents.

In 2013, 71% of revenue for album sales in Sweden were actually streams. CD's stood for 23% and LP's for 1,4%. Go figure.

Billboard counts an online play as a big factor for singles, but I don't think it helps the album charts much if any.

Depends entirely on country & which organisation has decided how much a stream is worth compared to a sold CD/LP.

Depends entirely on country & which organisation has decided how much a stream is worth compared to a sold CD/LP.

Yes, entirely. I was speaking of the US Billboard album chart, which is the one that still eludes Maiden. I'm expecting TBOS to go #1 easily in at least a score of other countries.

Please forgive this American for doing the American thing and forgetting the rest of y'all exist for a while. :smartarse:

Yes, entirely. I was speaking of the US Billboard album chart, which is the one that still eludes Maiden. I'm expecting TBOS to go #1 easily in at least a score of other countries.

Please forgive this American for doing the American thing and forgetting the rest of y'all exist for a while. :smartarse:
I don't understand the current American music scene, being an American it makes me ill to see songs like, "watch me whip, now watch me nae nae" sell bazillions and great music like the book of souls will do only modestly.

What Maiden has that pop artists don't is longevity. They're still selling everything. Look into those leaked Sony memos from a while back: record labels make the most money off catalog sales (music over 5 years old). Maiden will outsell most of the pop artists in the long run.

Adding online plays to the charts changed things entirely. It's a lot easier to do that than go out and buy a single.

So I called the only store in my city that actually sells CDs just to confirm that they had The Book of Souls. They told me that their delivery was going to arrive at 2:00 pm and that they indeed had 3 copies of The Book of Souls. So I get to the store just as the delivery arrives, and I wait for them to unpack it......and guess what crate never arrived with the rest of their delivery.....

Exactly...

Needless to say I'm not exactly in the best of moods right now.

It's literally a case of "TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY" and they aren't treating you right.

Los Angeles is completely sold out of the vinyl LP. Amoeba Records sold out this morning. Not sure how many copies they ordered, but it obviously wasn't enough.

Vinyl and deluxe! And my primary lover is away so...best maiden-weekend ever, putting on the vinyl for the first time not knowing what to excpect (well, I actually listened two times on the single, but that's all) with a cup of nice tea and just letting the music flow. Expectation and ritual making the moment almost perfect, so very much worth it.

Did my duty in United States! Bought 2 deluxe, one to open, one to keep mint , and a jewel case! I'm single handedly trying to get them to number one over here! I want them to come back to New Orleans for a show. Last time down here was 1988! If I want to see them now I have to drive to houston!

Only standard edition this time, although the deluxe one looks really cool. For TFF I bought all of the three editions (the standard cd was for a present, but I have to say that I liked it more than the "mission edition").

Pre-ordered the LP from Amazon UK. Will take some time to get here (probably around 2 weeks, 1 week if they'll try harder)

Downloaded the EOnkyo 48kHz/24bit lossless version (presumably the vinyl source, according to some comment in the thread on Steve Hoffman). Excuse me for the words, but, fucking amazing.

Back