#1 Record? Did you do your duty?

Lempface

The Guide
Picked up my deluxe edition at lunch today. Very cool little book. Also it sounds noticeably better than the leak.

I could really hear the difference on the intro to TRATB and TBOS. The low mids and lows are much smoother and nicer sounding than the leak, and noticeably so on every track.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 28
Bought the deluxe edition that arrived today, I'm pretty sure it'll get to no.1 in the UK

I bought the vinyl today (I had to make them go to the storage, the album was not on the shelves yet! :( No wonder there isn't ever any grand-scale metal concert in my area :rolleyes:) and I am waiting for the pre-ordered deluxe edition.

The Book of the Book is really worth it, in contrast to the tin version of TFF. GET IT. If you already bought the jewel case, you should still buy the Deluxe version, that unless you hate the new album of course.

One day
I bought the vinyl today (I had to make them go to the storage, the album was not on the shelves yet! :( No wonder there isn't ever any grand-scale metal concert in my area :rolleyes:) and I am waiting for the pre-ordered deluxe edition.

Good on you asking for it, and not turn when you didn't find it on the shelf!

Deluxe edition for me (can't quite afford more right now, I'm doing my best :D )

11221899_10205027506270120_362718331533280654_n.jpg

Deluxe edition here. And I converted two techno-heads for BoS so that's another two deluxe editions right here. :D

Yep, I just got the deluxe edition. I plan on buying a normal version within the week. I may get it on vinyl, I don't have a record player but that didn't stop me from getting SiT.

My very 1st new vinyl that I have ever purchased! Just picked it up a little while ago, but waiting until after dinner to put it on. This is the most amazing vinyl I have ever seen!! Each vinyl weighs way more than the others that I have so better quality and will last forever, which is essential on this album because it's going to get at least 4-5 million plays!! Plus came with a download card so I can have the music digitally as well! The inside artwork looks stunning!! And the lyrics all over each album sleeve.. Oh gosh tonight is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I did my duty today and so glad I reserved a copy at my store because they were swept clean! This must be the best selling album of 2015! Everywhere is sold out on cd, deluxe cd and vinyl! The market underestimated the power of Iron Maiden.

Music Week in UK just reported: "The Book Of Souls should debut at number one next week. Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden's first number one album, 1982's The Number Of The Beast makes its first Top 75 appearance since 2006, re-entering the chart at number 21. 93.89% of its 3,239 sales were digital, compared to just 29.96% of the 237 copies it sold the week before - a consequence of the title being Google Play's 99p album of the week. Their 2008 compilation Somewhere Back In Time: The Best Of is also galvanised, jumping 142-41 (1,617 sales)."

Book of Souls won't be Number 1 in US, will be number 4 at best. Final Frontier did 63K first week in US so even if BoS did that wouldn't make Top 3. Think Top 3 will do between 90-110K first week, The Weeknd currently Number 1 with 325K, so likely to do around 100K this week, last Five Finger Death Punch album opened with 77K and eventually did 511K, so would expect them to over 100K, and some dude called Travis Scott who has a debut album, but could be country. In UK the elading supermarket Tesco is selling the vinyl of BoS as an experiment. Final did 44K, so would hope for around 40K. Again lot depends on Weeknd and 5 Finger.

Hitsdailydouble has just reported: Among the albums going on sale worldwide today are releases from Epic's Travis Scott (currently #1 at iTunes) and Prospect Park's Five Finger Death Punch. Based on early reads we could see a three-way race for #1 on next week's chart as these two and The Weeknd fight for prize.

This weekend is a holiday weekend in US so this could affect reporting of early sales. Normally a more detailed prediction is posted Saturday or Sunday evening, then a full prediction Monday.

UK sales for Friday to Sunday will be released Monday. The Disturbed album did about 6,700 on the weekend then about 8,900 total for week, Bon Jovi's Burning Bridges 8,800 weekend and over 14K first week. Motorhead were Number 5 with Bad Magic after last weekend, after the full week Number 10. So whatever sales figure is released for Maiden Monday add between 33% and 50%, imagine Maiden will be very frontloaded. UK sales and other sales information for other countries can be found at the excellent:

www.ukmix.org/forums/

Back