"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and ROTAM is different how?

It is very different really. No comparison there mate. Just cause the reviews did compare the two tracks it doesn't mean they compare.....It is like day and night actually.

I do get what you're saying about Empire. It's not a classic Maiden epic, it has a different atmosphere to it... Yet it's as awesome as an epic. You truly get the feel of the story that Bruce wanted to tell... The nostalgia, the pride and the adventure, the chaos and terror.

Empire sounds more like Maiden's attempt to do a folkish-rock tale, like The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. It has the feeling of a song that could go down in lore, and surpass the legacy they've already created.

It's so catchy, in a good way.
Can't wait to sing it along with 15,000 other people.

Just read a rumor, and i reaaallly hope is a wrong rumor, about the set list of the first part of the tour, there is no the red and the black, the man of sorrows, and the 2nd part of the tour has them plus other songs i would like to hear, EotC its rummored at both parts.

Just read a rumor, and i reaaallly hope is a wrong rumor, about the set list of the first part of the tour, there is no the red and the black, the man of sorrows, and the 2nd part of the tour has them plus other songs i would like to hear, EotC its rummored at both parts.
Source?

I read it in a music website, called rockmasters, of brasil that says source is an ironmaiden fan site that seems big or important over there. Not sure if its ok to post those links here. [/spoiler]
Ok I found it, and someone already posted that here. I think the consensus was that it was fake. The dates look legit though, I'm having trouble with the setlist though, I don't think Powerslave will be played. And I definitely don't think the whole album will be played. [\spoiler]

Here is an interesting observation. It's not a bad thing at all. Just something I noticed. I could be wrong since I don't have the structure of every song completely down yet, but I don't think I'm hearing a final verse at the end of any song. They either end with the chorus or solo/instrumental part. If that's the case, that would be a first for Maiden, correct?

Here is an interesting observation. It's not a bad thing at all. Just something I noticed. I could be wrong since I don't have the structure of every song completely down yet, but I don't think I'm hearing a final verse at the end of any song. They either end with the chorus or solo/instrumental part. If that's the case, that would be a first for Maiden, correct?
I think that Empire ends with a verse, the one about "the dream lives on", doesn't it?

I think that Empire ends with a verse, the one about "the dream lives on", doesn't it?
I wouldn't consider that a typical chorus that's repeated in other parts of the song like a typical song. So I'm right about that. That's really unique. We really have a very special and amazing album! Also, I look at the long instrumental sections of Empire and TRATB as kind of separate instrumental songs which we haven't had since 1984. What an album!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back