"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't get over that monkey lyric :D
Oh, I just read article and Bruce explains this chorus:
The triplanes in particular are independent-minded on the ground. In the air it is a pure dogfighter. Best described by its best-known exponent Baron Manfred von Richtofen: “It climbs like a monkey and turns like the devil.”

The book of souls (the song) just hit me ! what a song man! some AMOLAD vibe there with classical maiden,many epic chorus and lovely melodies

Oh, I just read article and Bruce explains this chorus:
The triplanes in particular are independent-minded on the ground. In the air it is a pure dogfighter. Best described by its best-known exponent Baron Manfred von Richtofen: “It climbs like a monkey and turns like the devil.”
THX! i was in shock how so bad was that line

Am i the only one who was abit underwhelmed by The Book of Souls (song)? It's good & it's a typical Gers Epic just like on all the over albums, im least impressed with this song because it's exactly what i expected. The Majority of other songs really surprised me because i wasn't expecting them to sound the way they do particularly IESF, WTRRD and TOAC

A little bit. But I'll wait for lyrics. For me it's underwhelming just beacuse they choose it for title of album.

Listening to Empire of the Clouds for the 3rd time and I noticed that one of the guitar melodies sounds like The Legacy... it's not a bad thing, I love The Legacy and in particular that guitar melody... I can't get enough of this song...

That's the magic of Maiden. They retain their core sound while making something for everyone. I cant praise the title track enough.

Listening to Empire of the Clouds for the 3rd time and I noticed that one of the guitar melodies sounds like The Legacy... it's not a bad thing, I love The Legacy and in particular that guitar melody... I can't get enough of this song...
We were talking about this earlier and i mentioned it in my review in the commentary section. This was almost certainly done on purpose

Am i the only one who was abit underwhelmed by The Book of Souls (song)? It's good & it's a typical Gers Epic just like on all the over albums, im least impressed with this song because it's exactly what i expected. The Majority of other songs really surprised me because i wasn't expecting them to sound the way they do particularly IESF, WTRRD and TOAC

I think TBOS is the strongest song apart from the tempo of the first half. I sped the first half up in Audacity (retaining the pitch ofcourse) by 20% to see what it would sound like and it sounds so much better. Really brings it to life. If they play it live I bet it would sound more like that.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what's with all the negativity about the album? To those select few who either don't like it (or don't want to like it), what the hell do you want?

Maybe my ears are busted, but to me, Book of Souls sounds like a cross between Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death, along with a smidgen of Chemical Wedding. In a word: awesome. Bruce sounds better than he has on any Maiden album since the 80's. The guitar work makes Brave New World sound like child's play. Steve's bass playing sounds better than it has in decades. Seriously, what do you people want?

I have a theory. If Maiden had never released Powerslave and instead released Somewhere In Time after Number of the Beast, then Powerslave leaked as the new album yesterday, a fairly large contingent of fans would whine and say it's not good enough. And speaking of Powerslave and the fucking worship everyone has for it, how is the creaky boat bullshit in the middle of Rime any different than the long instrumental sections on songs after 2000? Maiden are practically spoon-feeding you "play classics" chumps 80's material in the form of riffs and speedy songs. Yet it's not good enough. Again, what do you want? Maybe if you lay it out in a clear and concise manner, Steve and the boys might deliver on a future album. Don't claim they're not trying to please their fans, though. This album is all about pleasing the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back