"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to ask for forgiveness. I was a bit negative to start with about this album, probably a result of trying to shake off the hangover of TFF.

BOS is amazing. Top 3 at least, maybe more. I feel relieved the penny has finally dropped. But the love was always there.

The more you listen to those songs, the more you absorb the passion and the magic. The quibbles (repetitiveness etc..) fade into the background to replaced by delight. There is no other word for it. I could go on but I know there are real men (ha) here and gushing words can soon sound tiresome, but honestly, wow. I'm a kid again.

Jesus, Death of Glory is amazing. I listen to it while watching
:D

Btw. Youtube never disappoints. About using riffs from other songs:
when they write these songs and riffs how do they not realize this is in fact borderline breaking copyright on themselves?
It's so funny you can't make this up.

After the third listen, I'm going to say it........

Best "reunion" album by FAR

Now is ranked third behing SIT and POM IMHO

Just EPIC. I dont give a FUCK what anyone says about "rehashing riffs" or same old "whoa-OH OH oh" chants ( TRATB will supplant FOTD as the new stadium sing a long)

This is the best pre-Xmas present I could have recieved. I swear to GOD after the intro riff to If Eternity Should Fail I was almost in tears, then after Bruce finished with "and the human RAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE, I was fucking SOBBING. And....... Adrian's solo on TBOS.....................Wow.......just WOW

I can't stop listening the album, i feel this urge to scream and sign all of the songs at max volume, i can't think of a proper word or way to express the emotions that provokes on me.

Well… I knew that this album will be good but I didn't know how. Now…

… let's talk about what's inside of the box. I really, really hope for some artworks.

It is very different really. No comparison there mate. Just cause the reviews did compare the two tracks it doesn't mean they compare.....It is like day and night actually.

Well I don't see ANY resemblence (except the length), but "three melodies over some chords over 5 minutes" describes a LOT of songs really (Maiden or not)
Rime actually develops faster, its 3 melodies over some chords for only 3 minutes :D

Time to ask for forgiveness. I was a bit negative to start with about this album, probably a result of trying to shake off the hangover of TFF.

BOS is amazing. Top 3 at least, maybe more. I feel relieved the penny has finally dropped. But the love was always there.

The more you listen to those songs, the more you absorb the passion and the magic. The quibbles (repetitiveness etc..) fade into the background to replaced by delight. There is no other word for it. I could go on but I know there are real men (ha) here and gushing words can soon sound tiresome, but honestly, wow. I'm a kid again.
I agree with top three. SIT will always be my favorite but this one is about to surpass POM on my list

Elton John and Sarah Brightman, among others, have played on the Chichen Itzá pyramids (Mayans)... Maiden HAS to play there.

osy_chichen1.jpg

Well… I knew that this album will be good but I didn't know how. Now…

… let's talk about what's inside of the box. I really, really hope for some artworks.
@Meliegree

Elton John and Sarah Brightman, among others, have played on the Chichen Itzá pyramids (Mayans)... Maiden HAS to play there.

osy_chichen1.jpg
That would be SO AWESOME! And they should film their next concert DVD there too!

osy_chichen1.jpg
That… That would be sooo cool that it can even beat Adrian 80's mullet in "most cool thing ever" contest.

Thanks! But I'm curious about pages with lyrics. It would be cool if, for example, under EOTC lyrics there would be drawings of airships and under DoG airplanes!

"When the
It's Funny that we've had 20 years of people complaining that '00s IM don't sound like '80s IM, and now we have people complaining '15 IM doesn't sound like '00s IM.
This only adds to my theory that this is a new Era of Iron Maiden
This album is a culmination of EVERYTHING they have ever done, compartmentalized and perfected. This album is fucking MAGIC, end of story. They could not put out another one and I would be completely happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back