"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about people commenting on the production while hearing a low bitrate leak as if sound quality doesn't matter. Production definitely does matter and bad production can absolutely hinder the quality of an album. And good production can polish "decent" to "great".

I found a flac 34MB version of SOL. It doesn't sound much better to be honest with you :(

Yeah, but since we don't know origination of that file it can be youtube rip after some work. Some people have free time for this kind of shit. That's why at this point I don't think about quality of sound very much.

I found a flac 34MB version of SOL. It doesn't sound much better to be honest with you :(

Could also be a transcode, though. Most FLAC files out there aren't legit. It pisses me off as an audiophile, but I can't complain too much. If you want quality, buy the album.

Reactions: Gk1
I will have to do with Speed of Light for now, I want to have my first listen from my brand new CD when it arrive next week. But good to see some great reactions here.

Speed of light is strangely catchy, I am not in awe of the song, but I am still drawn to it, so I guess I'm starting to really like it. I have a feeling I'm going to have to listen through the Book of Light quite a lot before I can tell what I really think of it.

A Maiden devotee since 1988 and really enjoying the album thus far...

Havent had a chance to read all pages...but not seeing a lot of love for Man of Sorrows.

One of my personal faves at the moment.

Really enjoying Speed of Light in the context of the entire album now also...

Might go against the grain but least favorites for me are WTRRD and SOTV...
Speed of Light is a million times better in context. It was a bit of a grower but I wouldn't do without it at this point.

about that first riff on TRATB, just before the vocals start am i the only one who expected bruce to sing
"Here they stand, brother's them all...

about that first riff on TRATB, just before the vocals start am i the only one who expected bruce to sing
"Here they stand, brother's them all...
There is only one condition to expect this line: The song has to be called "Seventh Son of A Seventh Son"!

I had a quick glance online last night after work to see if it had leaked and nothing...

However, this morning, after checking this thread I saw that the thread itself had jumped a good 25+ pages overnight and to my suspicions the leak has arrived. Shamefully and admittedly, I couldn't contain my patience anymore and I gave in there and then!

In some ways more than others I'm glad I'm did, as I really couldn't wait any longer. I've listened to most of the album up to now but I am vigorously studying it hard and trying to make up what I think of it. My initial thoughts after listening to it on/off for 3 hours... I won't go into detail due to forum rules obviously, but it's interesting to say the least. In my opinion some tracks do stand out more than others but there are a lot of surprises with this album - and Maiden have done a cracking job with it as a whole. My overall impressions of the album will most likely change in time but most likely for the better as it is forever growing on me as it goes along. I will be having a full on listening session with it again tonight with a few beers!

Regardless, I will still be buying the album next Friday.

Liam.

Sorry guys, but could someone explain to me what is the problem, in your opinion, with the production on the album?

I really like it but at the same time i want to understand different views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back