"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't follow metallica very much but from what I remember since day one we all know that this album is going to be weak. With BoS - from opinions it's good - very good.

I don't remember St. Anger getting many positive reviews. As a matter of fact, even Metacritic has it in the mid 60's and this doesn't include most metal review sources. I can confirm this just like I confirm...

You're pretty spot on. 24 prerelease reviews & metacritic had it in the mid 60's. Which means there were more positive than negative reviews. Which is exactly what I was trying to say.

We can agree on that. Still - I trust current reviews, question remain - how much time they had to write it.

Well, about that mid 60s - after book "how to lie with statistics" I don't trust scores like this.

Your pretty spot on. 24 prerelease reviews & metacritic had it in the mid 60's. Which means there were more positive than negative reviews. Which is exactly what I was trying to say.

Yes. However...most of the positives comes from publications that typically do not cover metal, such as EW and Popmatters. Dig deeper in the depths of the internet and you will discover the majority of reviews are negative. Also, it received much airplay before release so the majority of fans already knew about the tin can sound.

And what a sound that is. That snare is so obstructive and offensive it simply ruins...

This forum would think Speed of Light was the best song ever if it started out with Gregorian chanting, had a slow acoustic intro, featured Blaze Bayley on vocals, and had a long instrumental section in the second half. ;)
That wouldn't be the same song.

We can agree it sounds terrible. No dispute there. Blabbermouth gave it 8.5 which is a metal site. There were more than a few positive reviews from metal reviewers. It doesn't matter, universally regarded as a sh*tty album lol

We can agree it sounds terrible. No dispute there. Blabbermouth gave it 8.5 which is a metal site. There were more than a few positive reviews from metal reviewers. It doesn't matter, universally regarded as a sh*tty album lol

I could never understand Blabbermouth myself. They crapped all over Maiden on previous reviews but loved St. Anger.

Why is everyone so anti-cowbell? They only use it for the setup of the song. Any other band and we could say it's a botch but this is Iron Maiden.

And what turns to gold when Maiden touches it?

Why is everyone so anti-cowbell? They only use it for the setup of the song. Any other band and we could say it's a botch but this is Iron Maiden.

And what turns to gold when Maiden touches it?
I am anti-cowbell I'm afraid, not just in maiden but in anything. It's just an annoying sound...

I'm now going to provide the counter argument - 'can I play with madness'

Me 0 : 1 counter-Me

A cowbell sound is tribal enough as we're talking about a tribe. Actually, even the music video to Speed Of Light is totally up to date with the mayan culture as they built a statue of an 'astronaut' with a tv/pc screen as a helmet and on the screen it has a QR code, which started to be applied on computer language only in 1994. These extinct tribes/civilazations were hi-tech before hi-tech was in vogue.

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2015...ssible-warning-of-things-to-come-2492910.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back