"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense what Hallowedbeme says I think. He is not talking about Maiden paying anyone....Just the regular, treat your clients well and it will fall back on you. Which is normal in any buisness relationship. Doesnt mean they do it with better reviews in mind but it might have an effect.

It's called "greasing". It's common place in all walks of life. You are making it out as if it's a negative. It happens every single day. You do me a solid here & I'll take care of you later? It's everywhere at all times.

I'll bring up 2 classic examples music wise. St. Anger & Chinese Democracy. I read too many positive reviews of these 2 albums which did not merit it whatsoever. Not trying to say both were utter garbage but, pretty close. And there were a few negative reviews of them but, the positive ones outweighed the negative ones.

Until it was released & the widely held belief of both of them was that they were crap.
Sorry I don’t recall St. Anger ever being highly praised before release and Chinese Democracy is an amazing album that gets **** on because it’s not the real GNR. The album on its own merit is great.

Sorry I don’t recall St. Anger ever being highly praised before release and Chinese Democracy is an amazing album that gets **** on because it’s not the real GNR. The album on its own merit is great.

Well, I never said it was highly praised. I just said I read too many positive reviews of it before release. And yes, there were positive reviews. Outnumbering the negative ones according to metacritic.
As for GNR, we all have opinions.

From many opinions across the web I can believe that BoS will be special. I just can't figure which song will be weakest point - everyone point in different directions.

I don't see anyone comparing Maiden & Metallica.

So you're telling me that St. Anger wasn't joke and I should take it serious?

I think it's crap & stated so. Perhaps you missed it. I think you have a little bit of reading comprehension issue. I don't mean that to be offensive but, you have misread everything I have typed in this thread today. I brought up 2 albums as examples of how, imho, 2 crappy albums got a lot of positive reviews & how it could relate to them getting "goodies" for it.

You can take St. Anger however you'd like.

Says that the lead guitar follows the vocal harmony on TRATB, a bit like WTWWB, or Montsegur... I hope the guitar is lower in the mix when doing so, because I didn't like it so much on the last albums. Anyway, I just can t wait to hear it by myself!!

I think it's crap & stated so. Perhaps you missed it. I think you have a little bit of reading comprehension issue. I don't mean that to be offensive but, you have misread everything I have typed in this thread today. I brought up 2 albums as examples of how, imho, 2 crappy albums got a lot of positive reviews & how it could relate to them getting "goodies" for it.

Rather you have some anger issues - I didn't point my answer toward anyone, I just like to think about it as a joke so reviews doesn't matter. No need to be so protective. I also get what you're saying about this reviews but, as I said, there is none proof that 'goodies' had any impact on the review. So if there is no proof why anyone should think is this honest review or not? From my experiance if you start with something like this soon there will be people writing all over forum that reviews are bought by someone and that's what I was talking about.

Just chill out, there is no point to be offensive. If you misread my posts - sorry, english is my third language and so sometimes I can write something that is not clear. :)

I don't see anyone comparing Maiden & Metallica.

I brought up 2 albums as examples of how, imho, 2 crappy albums got a lot of positive reviews & how it could relate to them getting "goodies" for it.

I don't remember St. Anger getting many positive reviews. As a matter of fact, even Metacritic has it in the mid 60's and this doesn't include most metal review sources. I can confirm this just like I confirm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back