"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest with you...........
I feel I already paid too much money for Maiden. I mean I always buy multiple versions of their album and all that....I just find it sad that we need to pay so we can surf their forum.

Ya, even though you do get some cool stuff for joining, you can buy pretty much the equivalent for the same amount and we do have these free forums.

I joined cos this place seems awesome to discuss Maiden, I have not gotten around to renewing my FC membership (soon to be remedied), and due to the fact that Maiden Fans United is more often than not Maiden Fans United Against Maiden. To many of those posting there, they have not released quality material since 1988...why bother?

In terms of anticipation, more so than ANY other maiden release ever...so says this fan since 1983 of the greatest musical entity ever to grace the planet. I have think the post reunion material surpasses NOTB, POM, PS, SIT & SSOASS. I feel each release has surpassed the previous (on the fence about AMOLAD vs TFF), both are great.

The Book of Souls will be the definitive Maiden record IMHO.

As for back to backs? Poweslave mariner all day. Honerable mentions Montsegur /dance of death....soon to be surpassed by the man of sorrows/empire of the clouds???

Not gonna lie, I'm really hoping that They have a 5th installment to the Charlotte the Harlot series of songs. Maybe! Just maybe, the man of sorrows is about a man who had his heart broken by Charlotte. Lol Probably not, but it would be a cool idea

That would be a pretty bitchin name for a Charlotte the Harlot song. But I couldn't see Bruce writing a song about a prostitute now a days!

Maybe Charlotte put her questionable past behind her, starts working as an air hostess for a domestic airline, then works her way up to management and takes the leap of making the airline an international competitor. Thus ushering in a golden age of prosperity for said company, eventually establishing the airline as the undisputed Empire of the Clouds.

...or maybe she becomes a clown for kids parties and later regrets it.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised that most of us who are diehard Maiden fans aren't members of the FC. You do get quite a bit of cool stuff for joining. Well, that brings up the question as to why I'm not a member. I'm not sure actually.

I joined in the mid nineties and was a member for a few years maybe up to the early 2000's when the internet made the magazines redundant. I was a member of the official forum for a while as well when you could pay for that seperately, it was only £10 and you got access to everything but the magazines I think.

£27.50 is a robbery, add in the fact that you get battered with the euro exchange rate as well. If they still had the option of paying just for the forum and presales I'd probably pay it, especially with a new album due, but no way am I paying almost €40 for irregularly published magazines with out of date information.

It'd be weird for Bruce to pick that song to write a sequel to. Definitely the least favorite song on that album.
Here, it's the 2nd highest rated song of the album, after WTWWB. And, if you understand the subject matter of Starblind and then look at the name of If Eternity Should Fail, it actually makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back