"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not ! The only Maiden songs I would edit are The Angel and the Gambler (already done) and Don't Look through the Eyes of a Stranger.
And I'd rather edit Run to the Hills (to get rid of the chorus at the end) than Starblind.

How about editing Sign of the Cross? Or SSOASS after the the singing ends? Listening to too much music without vocals can make me fall asleep while driving.

Yip, my thoughts exactly.

Just seems kinda odd. Can you not just listen to them, Gk1, the way the band/artists intended? They are what they are.

Do you edit books you read? :p

:) to be honest with you there are parts I skip in books as well.I can't help it,I am a patience less middle aged Maiden fan.

Guy's lets get back on track I want to know why we have to wait until august for a single and will we have a music video.
If you look at the comments on the Blabbermouth article, you'll see that the story about a new single coming out in August isn't true. And I can't believe Maiden would announce a new album almost 90 days before the release date and make us wait more than a month for a new song. I'm sure we'll have something before the end of July.

23827.jpg

Never mind that shit, Brigs. Gk1 is saying some of AMoLaD is un-listenable! o_O
Shit, I thought that was @Brigantium! :eek:

I should have noticed: Brigs would never fail to capitalise August...

So I just now got back on itunes US and realized the preorder is now available there. $11.99 USD is pretty good for a 92 minute album. That's only $2 more than most albums and nearly twice the run time. Sometimes when you preorder, the artists will eventually release their singles for download early before the album's release date.

One potential negative I see to this itunes album though is the fact that they're considering each cd as a seperate album with the tracks restarting at #1. I would prefer it to be numbered 1-11 so that there's no potential skipping in my iphone's menu. I will be very annoyed if I have to go back into the album and start the second album. This sucks while driving.

Mid/early July. I'm thinking next couple weeks we'll get a single. Two months is way too much dead time in between the reveal and having a listen.
The anticipation is fun, but I'm squirming here!!

If you look at the comments on the Blabbermouth article, you'll see that the story about a new single coming out in August isn't true. And I can't believe Maiden would announce a new album almost 90 days before the release date and make us wait more than a month for a new song. I'm sure we'll have something before the end of July.
How is it not true? There is a screen shot of the Warner Music press release including the release date...

One potential negative I see to this itunes album though is the fact that they're considering each cd as a seperate album with the tracks restarting at #1. I would prefer it to be numbered 1-11 so that there's no potential skipping in my iphone's menu. I will be very annoyed if I have to go back into the album and start the second album. This sucks while driving.

Or you could just edit the ID3 tags in iTunes after you buy the album so they are all on one "disc" :p

I'll have to give that a try when I finally download the album. I may have to change their track numbers too.
It's great. I've done it with all my double-disc records. For all its drawbacks, iTunes is a great tool for editing metadata on your music collection and organizing it.

It's also a great place to re label my collection, so I can have "Powerslave (Original Master)" and not get it mixed up with "Powerslave (1998 Shite Remaster)" :D

I don't like itunes, or any other digital format. I prefer the vinyl... Then to listen to it in the car I make a WAV transfer... I've also made some videos showing the audio of vinyl, I just made this one from Seventh Son....

How is it not true? There is a screen shot of the Warner Music press release including the release date...
Ya, but look at the comments and you'll see that Warner changed the press release and took the info about the single out:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-to-release-speed-of-light-single-in-august/

And here is the press release: http://www.mynewsdesk.com/no/wmgno/pressreleases/iron-maiden-kommer-med-nytt-album-1182885
See? It's gone. Nothing in there about a Speed Of Light as a single on August 14th.

Ya, but look at the comments and you'll see that Warner changed the press release and took the info about the single out:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-to-release-speed-of-light-single-in-august/

And here is the press release: http://www.mynewsdesk.com/no/wmgno/pressreleases/iron-maiden-kommer-med-nytt-album-1182885
See? It's gone. Nothing in there about a Speed Of Light as a single on August 14th.

Looks to me like Warner released something they shouldn't have, and probably got some angry phone calls from Rod and Co. so they changed the press release. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

Just saying... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back