"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

really good news,i think that if they have made a double album is because of the variety of the songs.At first look you can think .....well,again that LONG songs,but maybe we are going to have a different format of long songs.Obiously Red and black is a classic harris long song, and the Adrian/harris songs are short rockers for sure.

Im thinking that Empire of clouds is going to be the most complex song that maiden have made,im talking about a good variety of different chorus,constant rythim changes and solos.When we saw that 18 min songs i bet all of us thought "oh,no" why!! but is a bruce song,so im pretty sure that would be a good galloping song

I hate to bea negative creep but it takes huge balls to write interesting 18 minute songs.It is good Steve is not involved...bug I can't get passed that they wrote many songs in the studio.Meaning that most probably they did not digest them enough.Noone can pull off such long tracks easily.

An awful lot of analyzing, emotional responses, opinions and statements about the upcoming album.

I'm just going to sit back and impatiently wait. :D

It's inconceivable that some people are actually disappointed and whiny about an album they haven't listened to yet... I was astonished and excited about the length, about the fact that Bruce alone wrote an 18 minute song and pleased that it will be a double album, that makes up for the 5 year wait... I will reserve my critiques for when I've already listened to the album, which I'm sure will be awesome...

Last edited:
Reactions: Yax
Noone can pull off such long tracks easily.

This is what we're waiting to find out. To be fair, I have quite a bit of faith in Maiden (and Bruce in particular). Maybe they did write in-studio, but they must have gone in with fuckton of ideas, and bristling with creativity.

Writing in studio means they didn't use songwriter's demo tracks for development of songs. They presented their ideas in a group setting.
So it doesn't mean that they haven't individually played parts of it before entering studio.

So, I'm starting to think the cover is an intended contrast to the very first Iron Maiden cover, showing the changes in Eddie as representative as changes of the band. Marked up, bald, lobotomized, older (because this Eddie appears greatly aged) but still the same essential thing.

This is what we're waiting to find out. To be fair, I have quite a bit of faith in Maiden (and Bruce in particular). Maybe they did write in-studio, but they must have gone in with fuckton of ideas, and bristling with creativity.

Yup. I also think that the 5 year studio absence is of importance for the length of the songs. I mean, Bruce could have written on his solo tracks for a long time....

And look, I understand that some people are skeptical. Fact is that many recent longer songs have been very formulaic in structure...I understand if people fear that it will be long drawn out intros and outros. I'm not personally worried but I understand the reasoning behind it.

I love songs with long drawn out intros and outros. Some of them are among my favourites.

Just a thought:
Do you think there will be an intro/outro to the record not listed added to the beginning of the first song and at the end of the last? Since Dickinson wrote both an they're a bit on the long side...
Really really looking forward to this one, maybe more than I have any other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back