"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
However I can only respect Maiden for actually following their own rules.

The calm intro thing may be overdone sometimes, but the alternative is an album with less sonic variety. Breathing space is good.

I agree to a certain extent, as long as I don't experience too many deja-vu's while hearing them. ;)
It differs per beginning. Right up to The X-Factor, I found most calm beginnings intriguing but several later works sounded more same-ish to me.

The beginnings of Mother of Mercy and Isle of Avalon were fresh in my ears.

I'm a Paint man too.

Agreement with Forostar - The Talisman is the only song with an acoustic intro on The Final Frontier.

It's great to have a 3+ month gap between album release and tour...it gives us time to get completely immersed in every song, and even better, gives the band plenty of time to rehearse the new songs and "relearn" some older rarities for want of a better word. My guess is the world tour will kick off in Asia and Australia/NZ in February.

But back to the album...the cover artwork gets better and better by the hour in my opinion. It's mesmerising.

In the light of this exciting news I know it's incredible that I complain a little, but
Yes. That was a surprise. No more build up!
I anxiously hope there is something* left for fanclub members. The fanclub hasn't issued anything in ages. Fanzines get delayed and delayed and now: BAM!
The whole world knows. Don't get me wrong, I love the vibe that's going on here, and I love seeing so much discussion. Purely in the light of the fanclub I don't get this. They really had a chance to settle matters.

* Probably an interview, but I wonder what the difference will be from others, and I doubt we'll have it sooner than others.

-- tries to end negative rant here --

"Forostar, post: 517175, member: 1066"]In the light of this exciting news I know it's incredible that I complain a little, but

I anxiously hope there is something* left for fanclub members. The fanclub hasn't issued anything in ages. Fanzines get delayed and delayed and now: BAM!
The whole world knows. Don't get me wrong, I love the vibe that's going on here, and I love seeing so much discussion. Purely in the light of the fanclub I don't get this. They really had a chance to settle matters.

* Probably an interview, but I wonder what the difference will be from others, and I doubt we'll have it sooner than others.

-- tries to end negative rant here --

Well hopefully this will mean Issue 99.5 can come out now - it could already be in the post. ;)

I really like the cover, and I don't think the lack of a background hurts it. It helps. We haven't had a cover that focused this strongly on Eddie's face since the debut, and Wilkinson's art is very good here.

I really like the cover, and I don't think the lack of a background hurts it. It helps. We haven't had a cover that focused this strongly on Eddie's face since the debut, and Wilkinson's art is very good here.

True, but even the debut had that gloomy moonlit street behind Eddie. I don't think the new album cover needs lots going on the background, but something simple that suits the album title, and the painting of Eddie would help it, I think. The debut's cover wouldn't have been as good without the gloomy English street background behind it.

It's not as bad as the TFF artwork indeed. That was awful, almost as bad as the "Dance Of Death" cover.

prEDator wasnt that bad to be named in the same breath as DoD. There are worse. NOTB and the cyborg eddie of SIT were horrible. But I guess that belongs to the unpopular opinion thread.

I like the simplicity of the cover.Ritual in the dark. Straight to the point.However the album title and some of the song titles are kind of Bruce solo rip offs lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back