Quest For Fire

How good is Quest For Fire on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Yeah these solos rule.

Really cool and funny(!) at the same time, the way the video maker selected these clips for the solos, especially the end of the 1st (2:26) and last quarter (2:38) of Adrians.

I've got it! I've got it! With dinosaurs 'Arry could have meant bands such as Yes and Emerson, Lake & Palmer...

Sixes... I know you mean well, but....

DUH!!! I and many others are aware of that. The thing is: dinosaurs are not mentioned in that book. And I -wondering why he mentioned dinosaurs- made a JOKE about that. Sheeesh :)

Well I kinda gathered it was a joke, but hadn't seen the movie mentioned before so threw it in there :D

Ninjaedit: But I can see it was mentioned somewhere on the first page inside a long paragraph so I missed it..Well maybe someone still doesn't know it was a book/movie :)

Last edited:
It's probably the worst song on the album but it's not that bad, I can think of Maiden songs far worse than this. The solos are alright, the riffs are decent, and Bruce hits some great high notes here. Even though the chorus sounds completely ridiculous, it's so goddamn catchy and is a guilty pleasure of mine.

But the line "viscous angry battle" brings this song down to a 4.

4/10

I think the lyrics let it down rather badly and Bruce does not sound like he is enjoying singing it at all, but musically I like it. It sort of sounds like a precursor to Losfer Words. Sometimes when I listen to it I think that maybe it was wrote as an instrumental that then had lyrics forced upon it at the last minute.

So I don't get why this song is so disliked. It may be tied with Sun and Steel as the two worst songs on this album, but it's far from a 5 or lower. It almost feels like it could be a long lost Dio song. Don't get me wrong, it's not great. It's just not awful either. I heard worse songs on Killers than this.
6/10 due to the catchy-ness of the chorus saving it and a decent guitar solo.

The lyrics are just funny.I quite like the music.Back then even weakest album songs were still filled with magic.This is the weakest POC song for me.Got to love the solos.

You know, I had never disliked this song as much as most seemed to. Then I just went back and relistened to it. Argh, it somehow got significantly worse for me since I last heard it. There's nothing other than the solos I can praise at all. 3/10. One of Maiden's worst songs.

Ugh...this song makes me cringe. Parts of the riffs are adequate, but other than that, there's not much to praise in this song. Just a poor concept with an equally poor execution. Bruce sounds more like Neil Turbin here, which is most certainly not a good thing.

2/10.

RTC's Maiden Ranking:
1: Hallowed Be Thy Name: 10/10
2: Revelations: 10/10
3: Phantom Of The Opera: 9/10
4: The Trooper: 9/10
5: Killers: 9/10
6: Children Of The Damned: 8/10
7: Remember Tomorrow: 8/10
8: The Number Of The Beast: 8/10
9: Murders In The Rue Morgue: 8/10
10: Flight Of Icarus: 7/10
11: Still Life: 7/10
12: Run To The Hills: 7/10
13: Where Eagles Dare: 7/10
14: Purgatory: 7/10
15: 22 Acacia Avenue: 7/10
16: Wrathchild: 7/10
17: Transylvania: 7/10
18: Prodigal Son: 6/10
19: Strange World: 6/10
20: Die With Your Boots On: 6/10
21: Sanctuary: 6/10
22: Another Life: 6/10
23: The Prisoner: 6/10
24: Prowler: 6/10
25: Gangland: 5/10
26: Genghis Khan: 5/10
27: Iron Maiden: 5/10
28: Charlotte The Harlot: 5/10
29: Twilight Zone: 5/10
30: Drifter: 4/10
31: Running Free: 4/10
32: Innocent Exile: 4/10
33: Invaders: 3/10
34: Total Eclipse: 3/10
35: Quest For Fire: 2/10
36: The Ides Of March: 2/10

Boring and dull lyrics can't be saved by approximately average guitar work. The definition of filler. 5/10.

This is one of these songs that annoy me. The solos are really good, but enduring until they arrive is a pain.

The highlight: Instrumental section starting with Adrian's solo at 2:24.

4/10

I'm not too bothered by the lyrics, but I am more bothered by the vocals, chorus and general dullness. The instrumental section is good, however, so this will get a...

4/10

Back