Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably hope the same, and if they start the machine before an official announcement, it will be much harder to avoid leaks. Both A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier leaked before the official release.

Since release dates for new albums are usually announced at around 2 months before the date, the album could come out around July if they decide to announce it in 2 months after Bruce has the MRI scan.

They probably hope the same, and if they start the machine before an official announcement, it will be much harder to avoid leaks. Both A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier leaked before the official release.

Yes, but only a week or so before the release. Not like Sabaton's recent one, which was available a month prior.

The longer they wait, obviously the greater the chance of a leak. I think it is pretty unusual if an album does not leak a week or so before release date. As soon as it starts to hit the distribution chain, many more people have access to the music.

I know there are strict medical timelines, physicals and guidelines to follow here. But does anyone get the feeling that Bruce, being Bruce, gives us reason to believe the most optimistic outlook and expedited album release/tour announcement can be expected??!! The man is a dynamo. Again, all medical protocols will be followed, and we want nothing short of this. But this man is different!!

Last edited:
All great news! Right now, I don't think anyone in the Maiden camp thinks about this new album....Let's wait until late May and then quite possibly a few months after that too!

When Doctors AND Bruce of course gives the signal...the new album promotion train will roll its natural course :)

Last edited:
Given that there is now going to be quite a wait before any release and hopefully a tour, I was thinking maybe they could release a live single from the recent tours.
They could donate all profits to a cancer research charity.
This would be a win situation for everyone. It would keep the Maiden machine rolling and in the public eye. While just getting away without looking too cynical by donating 100% of the profits. The fans get what they want and the chosen charity benefits financially.

How about a live single from one of the completed live albums they're sitting on? Early Days, Donington 2007, etc.? Sure, they're irrelevant, but they'd be no more irrelevant than whenever it is they're planning on releasing it. They've got fans pretty amped up for a new release, and seems like as good a time as any to kick one of the live albums out since they've got a good many months with no activity.

I'm sure logistically it would take a huge amount of effort and probably wouldn't be feasible, but eh, I can dream. Or how about getting the writing and maybe guitar/drum/etc. tracking recorded for another album out of the way in the down time? Again, dreaming. The band seems to love their downtime nowadays, and after so many years of the grind, can hardly blame them.

Actually for the most part, albums have only leaked less than a week before release date after stores received copies of them. That's because record companies either watermark promo copies they send out with all the personal information about the person embedded in the audio or they have private listening parties. As far as I know, that has been the case with Maiden's last 2 albums. It's possible that some labels such as Sabaton's don't use watermarks or the person who leaked it didn't care. But with Maiden, it's most likely that the finished album is VERY well protected and won't leak until actual copies have been shipped out.

That sure would be nice if Maiden would release just one song as a single within the next month or so, but not mention a release date or full album details. I don't see any harm in that.

I'm pretty excited for this album, but I have no expectations. Other than the expectation that it's probably the last one.
It'll be interesting to hear what they do with this one, if it'll just keep on the route of The Final Frontier or whether they'll 'return to their roots' more.
Either way, it's exciting.

I'm pretty excited for this album, but I have no expectations. Other than the expectation that it's probably the last one.
It'll be interesting to hear what they do with this one, if it'll just keep on the route of The Final Frontier or whether they'll 'return to their roots' more.
Either way, it's exciting.

Adrian said back in 2012 they wanted to go back to shorter songs for the next album. It's certainly possible they will have some shorter ones again but whether they will be as good as the old days, I don't know. Brave New World was the last album I felt had strong, shorter songs on it. AMOLAD had one though. I'm game for whatever and hope they play the majority of it live

That "statement" concerning shorter songs has been mentioned before and I really have no idea why it is regarded as something Adrian said. That's not true. He was asked whether Maiden would go back to writing shorter songs for their next album and he said "maybe," which might mean absolutely anything. The way we know Maiden and how they work, there is absolutely no way anyone could know what songs are going to end up on the album three years in advance.

I do hope they go for shorter songs. And I don't necessarily mean short songs in the old vein, I loved shorter songs like Mother of Mercy and Coming Home from the last album.

It came to me in dream..... Greatest maiden song of all time on new album...

Last edited:
In came to me in dream..... Greatest maiden song of all time on new album...
Well, I hope so, but you aren't a beacon of correct predictions so far...

I can't imagine the release is more than a couple to maybe four months away.
Nope.
I believe a tour announcement will come first, with a side of album release "coming soon". My guess is later this month we'll get a tour schedule, with a single popping up around early spring, and finding it's way into the setlist. Album release probably by the summer.
Nope.
Yes..6s ATW.. A big juicy Countdown on the homepage is what I expect as well. And I think it's coming soon. I predict a 3 day timer with album announcement and preliminary tour schedule at 0:00. In addition, In my vision, I see some artwork debuting. And I'm starting to think a single may be in this package deal too. The name of the album and cover art, full track list, and second single will be withheld.
Nope.

The way we know Maiden and how they work, there is absolutely no way anyone could know what songs are going to end up on the album three years in advance.
Unless the band had ready rough skeletons of songs, indicating length, but they were dedicated to other, more important matters. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back