Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it's a bit random...

Also I really doubt that the FC mag would be the first place they would reveal the details. It's more likely that they'll just make a Facebook post or make a big post on the homepage.
I honestly think they could probably announce it in the magazine and then it would snowball...

I think it would fit with this whole secret precess thing... And it would also delight hardcore fans!

They may attempt to time the homepage announcement with the delivery of the fan magazine, but don't count on it.

Yeah, the magazine probably doesn't give them as much exposure as they'd like. Although I do wonder if the landmark next edition will either coincide with the album release/announcement or will drop an extra clue or two.

The way I think it will work is that all of the sudden Maiden fans discover a countdown timer on ironmaiden.com that says "Stay tuned for big news in 3 days, 10 hours and 34 seconds....!" So you start sweating and play nothing but Maiden on the stereo for three days straight. On the last day and you're sitting there... anxiously waiting in front of the screen for the timer to reach zero...3, 2, 1 BOOM,ironmaiden.com crashes because of the traffic! So you spend the rest of the evening furiously hitting the refresh button on your keyboard until you suddenly make it through sometime early next morning and you get to read all the lovely detail about the new album!! :yey:

The way I think it will work is that all of the sudden Maiden fans discover a countdown timer on ironmaiden.com that says "Stay tuned for big news in 3 days, 10 hours and 34 seconds....!" So you start sweating and play nothing but Maiden on the stereo for three days straight. On the last day and you're sitting there... anxiously waiting in front of the screen for the timer to reach zero...3, 2, 1 BOOM,ironmaiden.com crashes because of the traffic! So you spend the rest of the evening furiously hitting the refresh button on your keyboard until you suddenly make it through sometime early next morning and you get to read all the lovely detail about the new album!! :yey:

I'm counting on the 40 Years in Review 2-disc compilation album that features all your favourite hits from IRON MAIDEN's back catalogue such as Run to the Hills, Can I Play With Madness and Fear of the Dark together with rare live versions of Iron Maiden and Heaven Can Wait from the band's acclaimed landmark Somewhere Back in Time Tour. Be sure to check out the massive 32-page booklet with all the lyrics, rare stamp-sized photos from the band's career and new liner notes from Steve Harris and Rod Smallwood reminiscing the band's stunning career. But wait, there's more: A limited edition picture disc set is heading your way, or maybe you want to hear the complete glory of IRON MAIDEN's career on exquisite 180g vinyl straight from America's best pressing plants? This set is the perfect gift for any IRON MAIDEN fan, young or old!

Don't forget the documentary with the band members (and Rod) squeezed into the corner to make way for screen-filling Eddies.

This album is being treated in a very different way than any other Maiden album. That's why i think the may actually announce it in the magazine. Even if at first only fan club member would know about it, it would snowball really fast from there. And i think they would still get loads of publicity because of the way they did it...

Yes..6s ATW.. A big juicy Countdown on the homepage is what I expect as well. And I think it's coming soon. I predict a 3 day timer with album announcement and preliminary tour schedule at 0:00. In addition, In my vision, I see some artwork debuting. And I'm starting to think a single may be in this package deal too. The name of the album and cover art, full track list, and second single will be withheld. If I'm not mistaken, this is pretty similar to the method in which the final frontier was presented......

So, we're generally expecting that the next Maiden album will come out around the 5-year anniversary of TFF. While looking at some Beatles information, I realized that most of their career as worldwide stars actively making music fits in five years. That span covers Ed Sullivan through the Yellow Submarine movie. The Beatles released ten official albums in that time. Damn, Maiden be lazy and all... :innocent:

So, we're generally expecting that the next Maiden album will come out around the 5-year anniversary of TFF. While looking at some Beatles information, I realized that most of their career as worldwide stars actively making music fits in five years. That span covers Ed Sullivan through the Yellow Submarine movie. The Beatles released ten official albums in that time. Damn, Maiden be lazy and all... :innocent:
On the other hand, The Beatles lasted less then a decade...

On the other hand, The Beatles lasted less then a decade...

That has more to their with their status than their work outputs. Beatles were crazy big. There's a reason Lennon claimed they were bigger than Jesus at some point. They got sick of it, understandably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back