Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they will announce some details about the album in the beginning of January

And considering the Paris situation, i would say the album could be released around the end of March

Hello all. Long, long time since I've posted. Exciting times indeed. From the looks of that card, I can't imagine the release is more than a couple to maybe four months away. In these lean times , at least for me, this news is the best holiday gift!! Completely stoked!!

Pure guessing or actual thought?
This has been their behaviour for the last three album releases. Tease it in Dec, announce it in Jan, tour in the summer with one song, release in Aug/Sept, tour next year for the album.

This has been their behaviour for the last three album releases. Tease it in Dec, announce it in Jan, tour in the summer with one song, release in Aug/Sept, tour next year for the album.
Think this one will be different. Like many people here, i believe it's already recorded

Think this one will be different. Like many people here, i believe it's already recorded
TFF was recorded in January. Maiden wants time to set stuff up in their old age. Gotta get Nicko his metamucil and such.

Theory on the Christmas card:
Iron Maiden were preparing a new DVD/live album from some show recorded on Maiden England tour. It wasn't a good performance, hence the instruments in the picture (they are re-recording it). Ninjas represent the angry Japanese fans who are pissed that Maiden didn't play in their country on this tour. UROTON 15 means On Tour 15, but it's gonna be another leg of Maiden England, because they need a fresh recording for the new live album.

Guys, there is no reason to believe that it has already been recorded.

They always go in the studio for a few weeks for songwriting. We saw that happen just after the tour stopped and Maiden were spotted in Paris for a few weeks. They had to write the songs first before they record them. Writing takes a while. Recording takes a while. There's no way all that happened in the time when they were in Paris.

Guys, there is no reason to believe that it has already been recorded.

They always go in the studio for a few weeks for songwriting. We saw that happen just after the tour stopped and Maiden were spotted in Paris for a few weeks. They had to write the songs first before they record them. Writing takes a while. Recording takes a while. There's no way all that happened in the time when they were in Paris.

I understand your point, but at the same time, and considering they went to Paris in September, they had that month, October, November and December to actually write and record.

AMOLAD was recorded, mixed, etc in 2 months, so i think it is pretty possible that the album is already recorded and will yet be mixed or at least is pretty close to being completely recorded.

Yes, but after the few weeks they evidently spent in Paris, there were no reports of them being anywhere or doing anything, except Nicko in his restaurant.

I understand your point, but at the same time, and considering they went to Paris in September, they had that month, October, November and December to actually write and record.

AMOLAD was recorded, mixed, etc in 2 months, so i think it is pretty possible that the album is already recorded and will yet be mixed or at least is pretty close to being completely recorded.

Back in 05 when they were writing songs for AMOLAD they also spent the better half of late 2005 actually composing, writing etc. The actual recording was swift because they didn't bother to master and all of the tracks you hear are live and they did many of them in first or second takes. But the whole process went from about late 05, September/October(start of the get together/rehearse/compose new songs) to May 2006 (finished recording) and then it was released a few months after that.

Back in 05 when they were writing songs for AMOLAD they also spent the better half of late 2005 actually composing, writing etc. The actual recording was swift because they didn't bother to master and all of the tracks you hear are live and they did many of them in first or second takes. But the whole process went from about late 05, September/October(start of the get together/rehearse/compose new songs) to May 2006 (finished recording) and then it was released a few months after that.

I remember plenty of people did not like that way of recording and producing but I LOVED it. I thought AMOLAD was brilliant!

Yeah, definitely one of their heaviest sounding albums in my opinion because it wasn't mastered and has that live feel....I remember thinking "Wow, Maiden really went modern with this sound!"

I remember plenty of people did not like that way of recording and producing but I LOVED it. I thought AMOLAD was brilliant!
Me too!

Still, and i may be foolish to think so, i believe that the album will be released before May

^ I always wished they had made a true live album for that but then again, the studio one sounded almost live so maybe they didn't for that reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back