Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the new album coming out on the same day as, or within a few days of, a 'hey, Bruce is better' announcement, that's extremely blunt. But I could imagine the album's launch becoming something of a comeback, alongside Bruce returning to the public spotlight.

this is my point of view......... as we have read Bruce has being under radiology 7 weeks.I dont know if this is really heavy load or not.But for sure he isnt right now ok.Iron Maiden have waited to know if it worked to send the news.So i think its good news,maybe he would not go to a next step.So he needs maybe 5 or 6 months to be ok.In may they will say that he is ok..cross fingers.And maybe in september we will have the album in our hands.

Maiden is really classic and the way they work,they like to make a huge tour with the new album,so until the boss is ok,there is not point to put an album in the stores right now and wait nearly a year to tour.

Im sure we will have that album even if bruce can not sing again ( even writing that idea makes my unconfortable).

And about the chance to make money? CAME ON! if they want to show us the new album with bruce ok and selling us a big return...............

HERE IS MY MONEY!

...any band that has toured extensively across the world for the last 35 years and played thousands of dates, any band that has succeeded in the end of their career more than during their meteoric rise to fame, any band that meets all of these criteria owes their fans nothing. Not a damn thing.

Maiden are artists. Each member's creativity, skill and passion towards his craft continues well into late-middle age which is not unique for those devoted to art. Picasso was at the forefront of neo-expressionism until his death at 91. Clinton Eastwood's films get better at an age when he could just sit back on his doorstep and drink Budweiser. Woody Allen still writes scripts and jams on his clarinet when he could retire onto his psychiatrist's couch if he chose to.

"Iron Maiden Incorporated" generates more wealth than many countries on this planet but money will not factor into the band's decision making on the album's release date. Bruce's recovery will delay the release...but not for any business reason and not because the status of his health may alter plans for a world tour. Besides, giving the fans several months to digest the album will surely increase the appetite for a world tour next year.

Maiden will delay the release to allow Bruce to enjoy everything associated with a new album alongside his band mates. And that includes soaking up the fans excitement and fanaticism towards the new music. I agree that Maiden owes the fans nothing. Artists owe society nothing at all. But our love of metal and the band's love of metal is very important. Maiden doesn't separate itself from its fans..Bruce and the boys know we are all in this metal world together. They just happen to be the ones onstage.

Last edited:
Maiden are artists. Each member's creativity, skill and passion towards his craft continues well into late-middle age which is not unique for those devoted to art. Picasso was at the forefront of neo-expressionism until his death at 91. Clinton Eastwood's films get better at an age when he could just sit back on his doorstep and drink Budweiser. Woody Allen still writes scripts and jams on his clarinet when he could retire onto his psychiatrist's couch if he chose to.

"Iron Maiden Incorporated" generates more wealth than many countries on this planet
All this stuff is true.

but money will not factor into the band's decision making on the album's release date. Bruce's recovery will delay the release...but not for any business reason and not because the status of his health may alter plans for a world tour. Besides, giving the fans several months to digest the album will surely increase the appetite for a world tour next year.

Maiden will delay the release to allow Bruce to enjoy everything associated with a new album alongside his band mates. And that includes soaking up the fans excitement and fanaticism towards the new music. I agree that Maiden owes the fans nothing. Artists owe society nothing at all. But our love of metal and the band's love of metal is very important. Maiden doesn't separate itself from its fans..Bruce and the boys know we are all in this metal world together. They just happen to be the ones onstage.
All this stuff is conjecture.

Besides, giving the fans several months to digest the album will surely increase the appetite for a world tour next year.

I would disagree with this from my standpoint. I think doing the tour while the album is fresh out would be a bonus and even a benefit for them. They always kick off a tour a few days before an album's release and some of us lucky fans get the live versions before the studio and that is special to me. Others may feel different but I did not buy AMOLAD or TFF until after I went on the tour. Had a special place. I can only imagine the fans in Belgrade back in 86 when they heard SIT live before the album and got the magic and likely the baffling looks from the sound change

My guess:
Early May:
Bruce declared healthy, cancer in submission. "Band anticipating new album release and tour in near future "
Early June:
Album is released, tour schedule announced shortly thereafter ....
Mid September 2015
Tour takes off featuring 4-5 songs off chart topping new album, including the concensus "greatest Maiden song ever!

^ certainly seems out of the ordinary for them.
It certainly does. They have only released the albums before the start of the tour 6 times: AMOLAD, BNW, VXI, FOTD, SSOASS and Killers.

I kind of prefer it this way though. I like to have time to really sink my teeth into the album before seeing the tour.

That depends whether they think the single is worth promoting.

Edit : ^ was written in reference to 21st century tours.

From 1984 and excluding NPFTD they started tours in countries which have small or non-existent rock releases market. Of all communist countries only Yugoslavia had a market. Other markets like Portugal or Israel aren't big either.
World Piece Tour had only one show before album came out. Maybe to warm up with Nicko or some rescheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back