Anybody up for a forum collaboration?

Yax

Ancient Mariner
I will handle production duties and could throw in some guitar and bass in lack other options.

I have access to a recording studio so I'll just record there. Won't be able to for a couple weeks though.

And speaking of, what will we be recording? :p

I have access to a recording studio so I'll just record there. Won't be able to for a couple weeks though.

And speaking of, what will we be recording? :p
I would still prefer an additional line signal, to be honest. Record one amped and one lined signal (line box then link to amp and line box output to recording device). Maiden cover? Maybe a song where bruces vocal track is available.

What you should do is get enough people together to cover Alexander the Great.

Alexander would be fun. I call His Holiness' part! :D

SMX: if you would like to do this, feel free to do so. :)

I am afraid I need a lot of stuff to sort out before I could remotely start recording (the room in which the electronic kit is, is a mess).
Besides, to be honest, Alexander would be a difficult thing to do.

So, Who on bass? I would rather not, I am happy with the production. SMX, whats your recording setup, drum wise
?

Do you have a pair of condensers laying around, or one other to go with the one you put on the hi-hat? If that's the case, then one could go with the more usual setup, with OH and close mikes on the drums (and scratch the hihat mic, if one had to).

My other condenser broke, which is when I adopted the above. I was doing it normally until then. :smartarse:
Explains it, as this is rather, unconventional. :D

One other option, in order to do Alexander, is to program the drums, preferably very carefully (I can do it decently, and improving existing programmed midi is very, very doable). More control over the sound and bass is your first instrument!

Back