What Iron Maiden song you heard first?

534592_442041502497873_1976702514_n.jpg

I fully agree with you there. The first one is an all-round classic. I even had the novelisation of the first film. I just have fonder memories of the second, because it was the first English language movie I watched and understood in its entirety.

Yeah, I can understand that, and that would make that movie more special for you. Just as "Holy Smoke" is very special to me, as it was the first single of a Maiden studio song I ever bought (the first actual Maiden single I bought was the live version of "Infinite Dreams") But even for me, it is a very good movie, and I am a Gremlins fan generally! There's just something really magical about the first movie. :)

But even for me, it is a very good movie, and I am a Gremlins fan generally! There's just something really magical about the first movie. :)

Oh, me too! Well, at least I was as a kid, and it must have been at least ten years since I last saw the first one. Then again, I think I know which Christmas film to pop in this year. :D
You might not like my opinion on Holy Smoke, though. :S

Oh, me too! Well, at least I was as a kid, and it must have been at least ten years since I last saw the first one. Then again, I think I know which Christmas film to pop in this year. :D
You might not like my opinion on Holy Smoke, though. :S

Woah, it's rare for me to get through a whole Christmas season without watching Gremlins! lol :p Well, I'm very used to people panning "Holy Smoke", I've long been aware that I'm in a minority of fans who love it! :lol: Though I guess you could say that about the No Prayer album generally, which is one of my fave Maiden albums, and is special to me cos it was the first one I bought. :)

Given that my favourite album is The X Factor, I know what being in a minority feels like. ;)

Sara welcome back again! How long will you stay this time? ;-)

Thanks! :) For good hopefully! hehee :p

I know I haven't posted here in a few months... things have just been getting on top of me lately... But Maiden will always be one of my passions in life, so I'll never stay away, death notwithstanding! lol ;)

@Perun: "The X Factor" isn't my fave, but I do feel it is very underrated. Some of the songs on that album are all-time classics to me! :)

A few months? 12 months! :)

You're kidding? :blink: Geez, I thought it was 7 or 8 months since I last posted... time's flying by too quickly for my liking! lol

Hopefully I'll never be gone for that long again, I've missed chatting about Maiden on here! And thanks again for the welcome back, it's appreciated. :)

I was just talking to someone about this recently & we were both totally bemused as to why it's not on more at Christmas. I haven't seen the first movie in years, as it never seems to be on UK TV; else I just always miss it. We were also discussing Critters...

Yep, I think it was 3 years ago the last time it was on TV over the Christmas period, which sucks, cos to me it is one of the quintessential Christmas movies. Guess it's out with the old DVD again!

Critters is a decent little movie, but it's definitely inferior to Gremlins...

Guess what, I watched it tonight. Truly wonderful film. :D

Wow. Rock radio in London is way cooler than any rock radio I've ever heard in the States. Even though I dislike that song, it'd be cool to hear a song on the radio that wasn't Run to the Hills.

Back