The Beatles

Saw this a few days ago, I think it sounds kinda cool

Rather than hijacking the "Best Album Ever" survivor thread (at least, no more than I already have) with praise for the Beatles, lest anyone think the Beatles didn't kick ass on occasion, I submit this:

and this...(skip to 4:37, and listen not only for the main Sabbath-esque riff, listen for the bass runs in the background, McCartney was an AWESOME bassist)

and, of course, this...

Alright, I've revamped this to a general Beatles thread.
Cool, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do that for the Rush week thread as well.

She Said She Said is a cool song. Revolver is a great album. I would argue that it is more revolutionary/important to music than Sgt Pepper was. It certainly holds up better, at least.

Cool, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do that for the Rush week thread as well.

Done.

She Said She Said is a cool song. Revolver is a great album. I would argue that it is more revolutionary/important to music than Sgt Pepper was. It certainly holds up better, at least.

I think Revolver is a stronger collection of songs, but I have a lot of admiration for Sgt. Pepper. It's an extremely ambitious album, and it almost manages to pull it all off. As for which album is more revolutionary... I think The Beatles were one of those artists were the phenomenon was more influential than any one particular thing they got up to.

I think Revolver is a stronger collection of songs, but I have a lot of admiration for Sgt. Pepper. It's an extremely ambitious album, and it almost manages to pull it all off. As for which album is more revolutionary... I think The Beatles were one of those artists were the phenomenon was more influential than any one particular thing they got up to.
I hear that, I just think a lot of stuff that people praise it for was already done on Revolver. Or at least the ground work was set on that album. I also think Sgt. Pepper is a bit dated, it sounds so late 60's. Most of the later Beatles albums (Revolver included) are timeless in their sound, but I don't think Sgt Pepper fits that. Magical Mystery Tour is the same way but to a lesser extent.

I could write an entire thesis on this but I'll go ahead and stop there. :p I don't want it to seem as if I dislike Pepper, I really love it, but not as much as a lot of the other albums.

Favourite Beatle tune time?
Hate to be fairly predictable, but for me it's the Abbey Road medley.

Tie between I Am The Walrus and Tomorrow Never Knows.

Great! We finally have an actual Beatles thread that's not the Now Playing. :p

Favorite Beatles song... Damn! That's a tough one! There's so many songs I love that just one doesn't stand out as a favorite but I'm sure if I gave it more thought, I'd be able to come up with something.

I'd go for The White Album too. I always preferred it to the ones people tend to rave about like Sgt Peppers or Revolver

The White Album could have been their biggest smash hit if they had cut away around half of the material and released it on a single disc instead of a double album. But I love it exactly the way it is. Full of quirky songs like Rocky Racoon, Piggies, Bungalow Bill, Wild Honey Pie etc etc Some of their most beautiful in Julia, Mother Nature's Son, Blackbird etc, some of their rockiest in Helter Skelter, Yer Blues. So much variety. There is something for anyone. I never get bored listening to it, the only song I will occasionally skip is Revolution 9 haha :D It is a totally out of control album. Around this time they didn't really work together as a group anymore, instead it's like 4 people's solo efforts thrown together to make the maddest double album ever :lol:

9nJctym.jpg

Back