The Beatles

Those are very cool.

I actually need some new shoes, looks like my search is over. :D

I'm watching The Beatles Grammy Salute on CBS right now. It's celebrating 50 years since they first appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show here in the US and just all things Beatles. I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

Oh very cool, didn't know about that!

Something else I didn't know about is that they recently remastered all the capitol albums. They're all available on CD now, even the comps like Yesterday and Today. Seems weird how little promotion this stuff has gotten though.

There's a Coursera course (coursera.org) that has a free The Music of The Beatles course up running right now. It's done by a guy called John Covach who previosly did some history of rock n roll courses there, which I followed and they were pretty good and interesting!

I just signed up for this Beatles course. Every week there is like 6-9 lecture videos to watch and quiz assignments (multiple choise tests) for each week that you have to do. But it takes like 10 mins and if you've followed the videos they are not hard at all....You don't HAVE to watch all video or do the assignment, but if you do you can get a statement of accomplishment with a score on, if you don't care about that at all you can just watch the videos and learn about The Beatles!

https://class.coursera.org/beatles-001

1795690_608156619239326_645649127_n.jpg

Much of it will be known to me too no doubt, but well...I just love to hear about The Beatles...and I'm sure there will be some good new interesting facts and stories! You should definitely sign up Emerald!

Also, it gives me an excuse to go through their discography again in depth after watching the lectures week by week :D

Just sign up, it takes 2 min, the first week videos are all up...so you can see quickly if it's something for you! And like I said, you don't need to do the assignments if you don't care about the statement of accomplishment, you can just watch the lectures as you wish. Usually I watch many videos in a row, (they're like 10-15 min of length it's not like a 45 min video lecture) or I just put it on while browsing the web, it's like listening to an audio book or so :) and John Covach is pretty good at explaining and presenting it!

mightygodking.com/2009/11/10/scenes-from-an-alternate-universe-where-the-beatles-accepted-lorne-michaels-generous-offer/
One of the coolest fanfics I have ever read.

Back