Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Tattooed Millionaire (5), Sacred Cowboys (7), Space Race (6), Solar Confinement (5 and lost the tiebreaker to Tattooed), Inside the Machine (7) are eliminated.

Son of a Gun and Born in '58 are promoted to the Semi finals. Accident of Birth has joined the battle!
Darkside of Aquarius and Omega are held back for later.

Change of Heart, Innerspace, Toltec 7 Arrival (but forgot to vote this :/ ), Welcome to the Pit (gladly voting this), Midnight Jam

Lost to a song that is also eliminated?:confused:

Well yes, had Solar Confinement won the tiebreaker it would still be in the poll due to the fact that the Tattooed Millionaire songs got promoted and there was 10 or less songs left in the poll.

Such a shame. Solar Confinement is one of my favorites. :( And now Strange Death has a vote, which is my favorite Skunkworks song. Pft!

Toltec 7 Arrival
Road to Hell
Midnight Jam

After these are gone, I have no idea what I'll do.

1. Inertia
  2. Strange Death in Paradise
  3. Toltec 7 Arrival
  4. Road to Hell
  5. Welcome to the Pit
  6. Acoustic Song
  7. Midnight Jam

Inertia
Innerspace
Strange Death In Paradise
Toltec 7 Arrival
Arc Of Space
The Ghost Of Cain
Wicker Man
Acoustic Song
Midnight Jam

Sorry for breaking in at this late point but wouldn't it be more "honest", especially since we're with such a new group, to include songs that reached the previous survivor final, in this very fase, in other words, in all fases, if not eliminated?

Why not start with a entirely clean sheet?

If we give certain songs a special status, then these songs have an advantage. I also find it old fashioned. In the World Championship football the previous winner is also not automatically qualified anymore.

Unknown One, I understand you are the mod of this game, and you are the one who decides, and I am curious what your opinion is, but also I am curious what others think. Hope you don't mind! Thanks everyone for your opinion!

Toltec 7 Arrival
Wicker Man
Acoustic Song
Midnight Jam

I also agree with Foro on his comments about helding back the Top 10 from the previous competition.

Well yes, the top 10 songs that get left out until the end do have an advantage, but I did it like this to give more songs the chance to actually make it to the finals. If we include the songs from last years top 10, then those songs will just dominate the songs left in the poll and the other songs won't have a chance. Now, in the Chemical Wedding round 7(!) of those songs were in last years top 10 (including Silver Wings which would be included in that round), so songs like Killing Floor, Gates of Urizen, Trumpets of Jericho, Return of the King etc. are all really good songs, but none of them really stand a chance to make it even into the Tyranny round. If everyone disagrees hugely with me then I'll include Darkside and Omega into the game next round (as it would be a pretty safe bet that they won't be eliminated this round anyway) and add the previous top 10 songs where appropriate.

Cheers for the explanation.

But it works both ways: How many songs are allowed in the finals? If the top 10 of last year is already in it, then there is less room in the finals for other songs as well.

Oh boy, here we go!

Inertia
Innerspace
Wicker Man
Midnight Jam

I think I prefer the clean slate approach, but I'm OK either way as far as finalists go.
All the bonus tracks have made for some massive rounds in this game.

Oh boy, here we go!

Inertia
Innerspace
Wicker Man
Midnight Jam

Same, minus Wickerman, plus Acoustic Song and Magician.
Surprised to see mine is the first vote for the latter.
I mean, it's a decent song, but not in the class of the rest.

Cheers for the explanation.

But it works both ways: How many songs are allowed in the finals? If the top 10 of last year is already in it, then there is less room in the finals for other songs as well.

Well it will work like this. We have our rolling 10 as normal and promoted songs as we go along. The songs that get promoted will go into the semi finals (guessing there won't be enough songs promoted to do both quarters and semis) which will meet the rolling 10 at the end of Tyranny. Then after those songs are reduced to 10, then the previous top 10 will enter and we vote until we find our top 10.

Thanks for the explanation Unknown One. By the way I'd be mad as hell if Gates of Urizen didn't make it to the Top 10. Underrated as hell, 4th in my Bruce rankings.

Back