Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Ack. Just Sacred Cowboys and 1000 Points of Light.

The problem with Skunkworks is that I like all the songs pretty much the same. Kind of like AMOLAD. It's so consistent that there aren't hardly any standouts.

I Will Not Accept the Truth (4), Headswitch (6), Meltdown (5), Octavia (5) are eliminated.

Results
Tattooed Millionaire
4. Darkness Be My Friend (3)
5. All the Young Dudes (2)
6 (tie). Dive! Dive! Dive! (2)
6 (tie). Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaugher (2)
8 (tie). Hell on Wheels (1)
8 (tie). Winds of Change (1)
10. No Lies (1)
11. Gypsy Road (0)
12. Ballad of Mutt (0)
13. Zulu Lulu (0)
14 Lickin' the Gun (0)

Balls to Picasso
8. Laughing in the Hiding Bush (2)
9 (tie). Gods of War (2)
9 (tie). No Way Out... To Be Continued (2)
11. Shoot All the Clowns (2)
12. No Way Out... Continued (1)
13. Fire (1)
14. Over and Out (1)
15 (tie). Fire Child (0)
15 (tie). Cadillac Gas Mask (0)
17 (tie). Elvis Has Left the Building (0)
17 (tie). Spirit and Joy (0)
17 (tie). Tibet (0)

Skunkworks
10. I Will Not Accept the Truth (1)
11 (tie). Meltdown (1)
11 (tie). Octavia (1)
13. Headswitch (1)
14 (tie). Rescue Day (o)
14 (tie). Re-Entry (o)
16 (tie). I'm in a Band With an Italian Drummer (o)
16 (tie). God's Not Coming Back (o)
16 (tie). Armchair Hero (o)
16 (tie). R101 (o)
20. Americans Are Behind (o)

I love Inside the Machine (1) and also Solar Confinement (2) is a very fine uptempo track with stimulating bass line.

Earlier I mentioned four favourite Balls to Picasso-era tracks from the ones that are left (Cyclops (3), Change of Heart (4), Tears (5) & Breeding House (6)) but that doesn't mean I don't like Sacred Cowboys (7). Actually I am very much into it since the day it came out. I still remember I was spellbound by its menacing riffs. Really cool the way Bruce does those couplets. Difficult because he has to end right on time before the bridge starts.

Back from the Edge (8) is my absolute number one from Skunkworks, but Innerspace (9) with its impressive riffing comes damn close.

Looks like I want to give these songs some support. So this round I am going for a bigger bunch, trying to protect an even bigger bunch that I like better.

So all these above, plus Son of a Gun (10), I find better than:

1. Tattooed Millionaire
2. Born in '58
3. Hell No
4. 1000 Poins of Light
5. Space Race
6. Inertia
7. Faith
8. Dreamstate
9. Strange Death in Paradise

The remaining Skunkworks tracks are all good.
But Back From the Edge is a top 10 Bruce song and Solar Confinement is not far behind.

Kind of surprised to see Octavia go. I would consider it the most "commercial" song on the album besides BFTE. One of the only instantaneous songs. The others are understandable, though.

1000 Points of Light
Sacred Cowboys

After relistening to Skunkworks, I'll also throw in a tentative vote for Innerspace as I feel it is of slightly lesser quality than the remaining Skunkworks tracks... and I don't want to choose between the Tattooed songs. I'll let you guys do that for me. :D

Against all costs? I think it's about time one of them goes (if it was only to protect a better song).
Still not at that point with so many Skunkworks tracks left. But something will have to break when Accident arrives, for sure.

After relistening to Skunkworks, I'll also throw in a tentative vote for Innerspace as I feel it is of slightly lesser quality than the remaining Skunkworks tracks...
I think the song is excellent, every part of it. Very dynamic and heavy. Went bananas when I saw it live. :shred:
Hard to imagine that people prefer Born in '58 or Tattooed Millionaire. So, mckindog: no way, it's about time! :D

1000 Points of Light
Sacred Cowboys
Faith

I like all of the remaining. But when the songs from Accident of Birth join in, I'll fight for every single one of them.

Space Race
Inertia
Faith
Solar Confinement
Dreamstate
Inside The Machine
Innerspace
Strange Death In Paradise

Yeah, I dislike Skunkworks, that's why I skipped few previous rounds :)

I can see that you dislike the album as a whole, but this is no album survivor. It's a song survivor, and in Bruce's case, the songs on his albums can be quite different from each other.

Skunkworks is no exception. On the contrary. When listening to these songs as individual units (which needs to be done to fully grasp the way a survivor works) one can understand that Innerspace is more of a metal track .......

And a damn strong one! Hell I am going to take it out of its album context, and drop it here because I'm sure some of you haven't heard it for a while:
Very fresh, catchy, dynamic and heavy song, great for headbanging especially in the bridges and solo part. I can't state it enough: much better than some other songs from all three albums; amazing that some of you prefer e.g. 1000 Point of Light.

....... while some other songs are more fitting in the alternative/grunge department. Octavia sounds like a Smashing Pumpkins song, Headswitch is Soundgardenish and I Will Not Accept the Truth is in the vein of Alice in Chains.

I went through it a couple of times, but in the end I just decided to skip voting cause I'd just vote for all songs except Back From The Edge. CURRENTLY it's not my cup of tea. Maybe it grows on me later, cause I really like the lineup (Dickson, Elena and Dale).

It took me a while to get used to most of the songs as well. I remember I was even disappointed when it came out ("what is this?"). All I could do was grasping the few songs I preferred (Innerspace got me hooked immediately), others followed soon (Space Race, Back from the Edge, Inside the Machine) and later on most of the rest also started growing on me.

Tattooed Millionaire
Hell No
1000 Points Of Light
Space Race
Inertia
Faith
Solar Confinement

Hell No (5), 1000 Points of Light (6), Faith (6) and Dreamstate (6) are eliminated.

Results
Tattooed Millionaire
4. Darkness Be My Friend (3)
5. All the Young Dudes (2)
6 (tie). Dive! Dive! Dive! (2)
6 (tie). Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaugher (2)
8 (tie). Hell on Wheels (1)
8 (tie). Winds of Change (1)
10. No Lies (1)
11. Gypsy Road (0)
12. Ballad of Mutt (0)
13. Zulu Lulu (0)
14 Lickin' the Gun (0)

Balls to Picasso
6. Hell No (5)
7. 1000 Points of Light (5)
8. Laughing in the Hiding Bush (2)
9 (tie). Gods of War (2)
9 (tie). No Way Out... To Be Continued (2)
11. Shoot All the Clowns (2)
12. No Way Out... Continued (1)
13. Fire (1)
14. Over and Out (1)
15 (tie). Fire Child (0)
15 (tie). Cadillac Gas Mask (0)
17 (tie). Elvis Has Left the Building (0)
17 (tie). Spirit and Joy (0)
17 (tie). Tibet (0)

Skunkworks
8 (tie). Faith (2)
8 (tie). Dreamstate (2)
10. I Will Not Accept the Truth (1)
11 (tie). Meltdown (1)
11 (tie). Octavia (1)
13. Headswitch (1)
14 (tie). Rescue Day (o)
14 (tie). Re-Entry (o)
16 (tie). I'm in a Band With an Italian Drummer (o)
16 (tie). God's Not Coming Back (o)
16 (tie). Armchair Hero (o)
16 (tie). R101 (o)
20. Americans Are Behind (o)

Back