Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  1. Tattooed Millionaire
  2. Born in '58
  3. Space Race
  4. Inertia
  5. Strange Death in Paradise
EDIT:
Late reply to an Ariana post in previous round topic
I like all of the remaining. But when the songs from Accident of Birth join in, I'll fight for every single one of them.
Every single one of AoB? Because Adrian is playing on them? Songs like Welcome to the Pit or Road to Hell I surely find inferior to most songs from previous albums.

I know a lot of people like "Road to Hell", but I don't find it that special with its "The Prisoner" solo-copy. Listen to the beginning of Prisoner solo and the beginning of the Road to Hell solo. The tempo and pattern are quite alike. There are different notes but the whole idea (with the drums/bass and rhythm guitar accenting in the background) is the same, from which H lounges in the rest of the solo.

EDIT:
Late reply to an Ariana post in previous round topic

Every single one of AoB? Because Adrian is playing on them? Songs like Welcome to the Pit or Road to Hell I surely find inferior to most songs from previous albums.

I know a lot of people like "Road to Hell", but I don't find it that special with its "The Prisoner" solo-copy. Listen to the beginning of Prisoner solo and the beginning of the Road to Hell solo. The tempo and pattern are quite alike. There are different notes but the whole idea (with the drums/bass and rhythm guitar accenting in the background) is the same, from which H lounges in the rest of the solo.

What makes you think I like Accident of Birth because of Adrian? I mean, apart from the obvious reason... I really love all songs there. Possibly I like Arc of Space a tiny bit less, but I still prefer it to many songs from Bruce's previous albums.

In fact, Welcome to the Pit is one of my favourite songs, not just on the album. It's heavy but it's catchy. The part before the chorus (Cover you eyes/lips...) is the best part of the song, with great guitar lines. I particularly enjoy the contrast between the low, threatening sound of the guitars and the bass in the verse and the various sounds of the different instruments you can pick in the chorus. The solo is not remarkable, I agree but the song has a very powerful effect, at least on me. Just listen to the "winding" melody behind the part where Bruce sings "Are you surprised in every way that you like it...." - perfect representation of snakes wriggling in the pit. The music fits the lyrics perfectly, not just there but throughout the entire song.

As for Road to Hell, I would agree that it's not that special but it is a good rocker and it works well for me. I like the overall feel of the song and Bruce's vocals. I have an issue with the lyrics at a certain point, though. Anyway, I'm just emotionally attached to AoB, so yeah.. I basically love every song.

Born in '58
Sacred Cowboys
Space Race
Solar Confinement
Inside the Machine
Strange Death in Paradise

Time to step up and pick my favourites on Millionaire (title track, '58)
and Skunkworks (Edge, Confinement)
My only vote for Picasso is Cowboys. I need to measure the others against Accident.

What makes you think I like Accident of Birth because of Adrian? I mean, apart from the obvious reason... ... etc..
Well, I can imagine you like the whole album because it is a great album. It's my favourite Bruce album as well, but still I don't think that all the songs are better than previous album "left-overs" of this game. Everyone to their own, I really like your explanation, cheers!

Well since it looks like Born in '58 is getting ganged up on, I think I've made my decision on the TM songs.

Tattooed Millionaire (ouch)
Sacred Cowboys (I don't get how this outlasted the much superior Faith)
Innerspace

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds Road to Hell overrated. Perhaps my least favorite AOB song. Of the rockers, I actually think my favorite is Freak, which gets ignored a lot sadly.

Also, great explanation for why Welcome to the Pit is such a cool song, Ariana!

I've not seen much praise at all for Road to Hell on this site, just a lot of comments about how it's overrated.
I'm expecting it to go out early next round. Which, I guess, would make me think it's underrated. ;-)
I'm with Killdevil on Freak. The few times I've seen it mentioned, it seems to get bashed. Chorus isn't fabulous, but overall it's great straightahead pure metal song. Then again, I like every song on that album quite a bit.
Accident of Birth will be very difficult for me.

Sacred Cowboys
Breeding House
Inside The Machine

After going through these songs, I realized that the remaining Skunkworks songs are really good, some of Bruce's best. Not a bad album at all. Probably requires the right mood.
Of the rockers, I actually think my favorite is Freak, which gets ignored a lot sadly.
Freak is awesome, never understood why people don't like it as much.

Freak is a good song but doesn't stand up to the best of AoB, Road to Hell is actually underrated not overrated and Welcome to the Pit should be banished for all eternity.

*stirs the pot*

I haven't voted in the skunkworks rounds because I really od not know the album and am not in the mood to go through it right now, but I shall chime in on the AoB discussion.

AoB is my favourite Bruce album, and if average star rating is to be believed one of my favourite albums full stop. Freak is one of my favourite openers, I do have a Bruce top10 but it may have changed, a lot of AoB is in there. I don't mind WTTP but it's on the lower side of the album, Road to Hell I enjoy but it has dropped off recently in comparison to the rest.

Personally, I think TCW is the overrated one :p

When I used to lurk on this site, Road to Hell made it pretty far on a Bruce survivor and even beat No Way Out/The Breeding House in a metal song survivor, so that's why I've always labeled it overrated. On other sites, I always see it listed as a top 10 Bruce song. Right now is the first time anyone's ever agreed with me that Road to Hell isn't that good. :p

Unknown One, if you negate everything you said in that post, I agree with you 100%!

The Chemical Wedding may very well be the most underrated heavy metal album of all time. One of the best of all time but just gets recognition as a "very good album". That's my opinion, though.
It's one of my all time favorites. I may take it over all Maiden albums. Definitely underrated.

I've always thought people were pretty much universal in their praise of Chemical Wedding.

Back