Iron Maiden - EN VIVO - Live from Estadio Nacional, Santiago!!

ooh, cant wait til Monday then when i suspect the postman may finally bother to deliver my cd and dvd... maybe
I find the bigger the city you live in and the further into the suberbs you are the worse the postal service whilst in a little town in the highlands even standard mail can happily arrive the next day (rather than 3-5 days)

The DVD is fantastic, the split screen shots didn't annoy me at all. I thought they might. Great gig by the band, The Final Frontier stuff is awesome live.

Just had a very long journey & listened to En Vivo on the way, having started listening to it at home earlier today. The sound/tone itself is quite interesting. It feels very LaD; very treble, & guitar focused. I like it. Not so bass/rhythm sounding as Flight 666 for example.

Also, the actual tone of the three guitarists is really nice. H in particular is right on form, especially in some of the earlier tracks. The sound of his guitar (& lead work) actually sounds, I think, better than on TFF, the album --& he's added the odd little phrase here & there, which really adds to the tracks; as opposed to Janick & Dave, who tend to let the quality of their lead work, I think, slip a little live. Different guitarists, I know; but I thought Dave was sounding particularly widdly. Janick is not too shabby though. (You know how his lead work sometimes comes out a bit bumbly...)

Figured it was about time to start posting in this forum.

My question is: Is there going to be a digital download of the video, I thought I read something somewhere about a 'special digital version'.

(on a side note, I was lucky enough to interview Bruce when he did a publicity tour of Australia in 2000 for BNW, it for RRR radio. I could digitize it for you lovely maiden fans...if people are interested)>>>

Should be here in the mail this afternoon. Got my large hdtv and blu-ray player all ready, stereo surround sound working great. Gonna be a rockin' night. I'm a bit disabled these days, so it's been years since i've seen Maiden live (or could even afford it really) But thanks to the band and their live blu-rays and dvds, i can enjoy them all I want, when I can handle it. I'm stoked.

Up The Irons!!!
Sam

My local store's got the blu-ray copies in today.

Gonna be making the trip to get a copy in a few hours. Got to grind out the rest of the work day first =(

Awesome, very well made, awesome setlist and great energy!

All of the things needed are there, just great.

Just one thing though, what's with the intro to "The Wicker Man", I barely recognised it until it got going....

I loved that intro to wicker man, theyre usually pretty differet each time and a change is always good... the way it sounded was probably helped by the previously mentioned more treble sound than the intro in say RiR
either way it was a nice surprise ;) the audios great overall with bruces little additions 'a bit chilly in the dark' etc so lightened up my bus rides yesterday. Guna watch the dvd when i get home today, cant wait (no i dont do bluray :D)

Wow! Having just watched the DVD a second time I think I am in love with the way it has been filmed. The split screen is terrific, the crowd shots are incredible and its all quite arty...ie at one stage during Dance of Death I think we see 5 images of Bruce lit up against the darker blue hues of the rest of the stage. As previously mentioned H's fills and Bruce's improvising add to the performance. The Talisman and Dance of Death could both become DVD singles they are so well filmed, but When The Wild Wind Blows is pure epicness...the song is just immense. In regards to solos as prevously mentioned Adrian wins best on ground. I love how he changed up his 2 Minutes 2 Midnight solo this tour. Dave does seem a little loose on first hearing but I love how his WTWWB solo doubles in length. Janick is in great form throughout the evening...acoustically, electrically and his solos don't deviate far from the recorded versions. Harry, Bruce and Nicko all deliver. WTWWB, DOD and The Talisman are my highlights + The Evil That Men Do, El Dorado and Blood Brothers also made me almost cry with joy. I'm a fan of this setlist despite only 5 tunes off TFF. My only wish is they played an AMOLAD song instead of 2 Minutes or Running Free. All in all my favourite Maiden DVD.

Agreed 'Runner --Dave's solos are better after a few listens. H just seems to make far more effort to either play pretty close to the original, or play something worked-out, but slightly different. The difference (as it has always been, I think) is that H sounds like he's actually worked on it --Dave & Janick are far more improvised. For example, Dave's Coming Home lead is just a little too loose for my liking; too quick --the original is a beautiful thing. But it all sounds bloody good. I'd have loved a AMoLaD track too. Breeg would have been sweet.

I absolutely love this album! It has fantastic sound in my opinion and all the TFF songs are absolutely mindblowing.
When the Wild Wind Blows is a masterpiece both live and in the studio and I think it really shines here:

I've just finished the Blu-ray now. I'm with UpTheIrons in that the TFF songs are absolutely astounding. The Talisman made me shed a few big man tears at how powerful and emotional the chorus was. El Dorado has pure electricity to it.

Furthermore, I think songs like 2 Minutes to Midnight and Evil That Men Do have never sounded better.

My only minor gripe is that the "home stretch" of Iron Maiden, Number of the Beast and Hallowed be thy Name was unremarkable. Obviously when you're there live every song is amazing, but I think that section of the show is where a surprise would be most effective (like Journeyman on DotR or Moonchild in Flight 666).

En Vivo is amazing! I think when the novelty wears off it will be as good as any live album/DVD/Blu-ray there is.

Just watched the documentary, it's a similar experience to the Flight 666 documentary, but not a carbon copy, so it's very much enjoyable. It dwells on the technical and administrative side of the tour more this time, really interesting.

I've watched the first couple of songs from the concert, the TFF ones are all gems, they really should have put in at least one or two more songs from the last album, it would be spectacular. As I've said for the setlist, the second half's a bit of a disappointment, no new material except for Wild Wind. The Alchemist would have been brilliant live. As for the band and the sound production, they sound and play very tight. I'd say that Adrian was on par with his solos this time (on Flight 666 Dave had the best performance), and I have to commend Janick for making a better effort during the shared TETMD solo, he and H pulled it off almost unison.

All in all, another great DVD by Maiden, I'd say that performance- and production-wise it blows Rock In Rio out of the water.

Wow, watched the Blu-Ray last night, and again today. Beyond Amazing. Loved every bit of it. Maiden never has disappointed me, and never will. I've seen them live so many times since The Number of the Beast, would love to see them again, but this is good enough for me... hopefully one day my health improves and our finances get better, and maybe I can see them again. They are the best band around.

Up The Irons!!!
Sam

I can't even buy it or listen to it until this weekend. :(

At least it sounds worth it. I'm glad to hear it's one of the best releases.

Strangely, this is the first DVD where I haven't preordered or rushed to the store...

I didn't dare to say it earlier on, but now you've started it: The same goes for me. First time, after more than 20 years. Looks like I am not overly excited about this release. Still haven't bought or seen anything. I even forgot it came out this weekend.

I am sure my excitement will be old school again when I see them in 2013 and when they release a new studio album.

(I will buy this DVD soon though, the reactions look promising. Still, I hope there's no fuck up; Flight 666 had Dave's solo very soft in the mix and Death on the Road had some fuck ups during Paschendale.).

Back