Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Got my tix for the Indy show. The lower pavillion was pretty much sold out so I got lawn seats. For some reason the sound if you're sitting in the upper pavillion sucks( at least it sounds that way to me) so I'll just party on the grass.

Got my tix for the Indy show. The lower pavillion was pretty much sold out so I got lawn seats. For some reason the sound if you're sitting in the upper pavillion sucks( at least it sounds that way to me) so I'll just party on the grass.

How early should one arrive to the show when they have floor tickets and want to be as close to the stage as possible.

If this week goes as planned and I can get my tix this friday it looks like i'll be partying on the grass in Indy as well.

Does anyone know what the Aarons amphitheater in Atlanta, Georgia is like? I'm seeing Maiden there and I'm wondering what the view of the stage is like from a couple rows before the lawn? Anyone have prior experiences?

What tickets do you manage to get?

1. Depends if you want to see the opening act.
2. 9:00
3. Not that I can think of.

Thanks for the info. I got seats in the terrace section. There not the best, but I'll take em. Not to mention it beats standing on the grass.

Re #1: If you have a reserved seat, I'd show up after 7:30 (unless you're a big Coheed and Cambria fan) to avoid a long line to get in. With paperless tickets, they scan credit cards (bring the one with which you bought your ticket!!) and check IDs, so the line moves slow. If you are in the pit (like me!! -- Cody Cameron, this applies to you too), get there early so you can get close and away from the mosh pit that typically forms about 10-15 people deep from the rail--and don't drink much so you can avoid bathroom breaks that cause you to lose your spot.
Re #2: Definitely get there by 8:30.
Re #3: Get to know the live version of UFO's "Doctor Doctor" for two reasons. First, it's awesome. Second, and more to the point, when it comes on the PA, that's the traditional signal that the show is about to start. If you're in the beer or t-shirt line and you hear that song come on the PA, head back to your seat ASAP. You'll typically hear a mini-roar from the crowd when it starts, too, because of what it signifies. This has been the "pre-intro intro" to Maiden shows for years. Also, if you're in the pit, wear comfortable shoes.

Maybe see you there!
Wow, thanks for the great info!

I have tix for the Dallas show, I will probably go to the Houston show too (probably end up with lawn seating) .. a very pleasant surprise, I was no expecting to see a Maiden tour this year. I just wish Alice Cooper was the opener here

I have tix for the Dallas show, I will probably go to the Houston show too (probably end up with lawn seating) .. a very pleasant surprise, I was no expecting to see a Maiden tour this year. I just wish Alice Cooper was the opener here

I'm also attending the Dallas show. I agree that Alice Cooper would be a much better opener. I haven't decided if I'm going to Houston. I have a friend who lives there and we sometimes see Maiden in both Dallas and Houston!!!

The venue in Houston is much nicer, that is for sure. I was hoping Maiden would play somewhere different in Dallas (like the facility in Grand Prarie). I hate going to Fair Park .. what a shit hole.

Does anyone know what the Aarons amphitheater in Atlanta, Georgia is like? I'm seeing Maiden there and I'm wondering what the view of the stage is like from a couple rows before the lawn? Anyone have prior experiences?

I've only been there a few times, but the upper pavilion is usually pretty good at that place, particularly if you're in the middle sections. It's not too distant or too high (unlike a lot of upper pavilion sections), and the sound is very good no matter where you are in the pavilion.

Let' me also say that it's great that they're playing Atlanta this time around, after having skipped much of the southeast for quite a few tours. Perhaps someone could specify, but I don't think the band has played a non-Florida southeast date since the X Factor tour.

will be going to see maiden in newark nj july 2 first time i saw them was in 82 opening for priest on the number of the beast tour then saw them in 85 at radio city music hall with queensryche opening for them. will be taking my 12 yr old son to his first concert and he has no clue as to what a site he will see

Just had a very weird dream...

I finally went to see them during this concert and I had to keep leaving between songs and every song they played were... cover songs! :O
What a nightmare!!! hahaha

I finally went to see them during this concert and I had to keep leaving between songs and every song they played were... cover songs! :O
Once I had a dream that I went to this small club to see Maiden funny thing was I was the way I am right now and Maiden was the way they were during Live After Death. Spandex, long hair no Janick it was weird, kinda cool though.

The only Maiden related dream I can remember involved me and some friends being in the front row and the speakers not working, so Janick kept asking me whether the sound was okay... it was quite surreal.

I've had quite a number of Maiden related dreams, but the weirdest one was probably about me sitting in a café in Toronto, being served by Adrian Smith. :huh:

The only one I recall is that one about putting both Blaze-era CDs into the player together and hearing the secret album "The Virtual Factor".

I've had quite a number of Maiden related dreams, but the weirdest one was probably about me sitting in a café in Toronto, being served by Adrian Smith. :huh:
Same here! Since I've been trying to save up for the concert coming up I've had three Maiden related dreams.

1. I was Dave Murray on the BNW tour, fun stuff.
2. I went canoeing with Adrian.
3. I played the Halo 4 beta with Bruce and this chick I use to have a crush on.

Fun stuff.

I once dreamed that I was at a Maiden show, and some thieves came in and stole things off the audience. I have had atleast one more dream about me being at a Maiden show, but I don't remember the details.

Back