New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
chaosapiant said:
I think it's just Bruce mumbling something.  Also, I forget which song, but one of the songs starts with him reading from the Yellow Pages.  At least, that's what the biography said.

Doesn't sound like Bruce to me. Sounds a little too deep and scratchy to be him. Currently listening to Taking the Queen.

Most of the speaking that is done by Arthur Brown is poetry by William Blake, the same man who the painting used for the album cover is by.  Many of the songs and themes are also based on, or influenced by Blake's work.  The Book Of Thel is a Blake poem.
HallowedBeMyName said:
Hey, H plays guitar on Accident of Birth, right?

Adrian and Roy Z play guitar on AOB and CW.  Roy Z does a majority of the writing and produced the album, he is the also the guitarist and producer on Tyranny Of Souls, as well as Balls To Picasso along with the rest of his band at the time, Tribe Of Gypsies.

Twarkle said:
Adrian and Roy Z play guitar on AOB and CW.  Roy Z does a majority of the writing and produced the album, he is the also the guitarist and producer on Tyranny Of Souls, as well as Balls To Picasso along with the rest of his band at the time, Tribe Of Gypsies.

Thanks, Twarkle! You really know your Bruce haha Currently listening: Jerusalem

HallowedBeMyName said:
Thanks, Twarkle! You really know your Bruce haha Currently listening: Jerusalem

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Bruce geek.  I heard Piece Of Mind as 9 year old in 1983 and said, "holy crap I'm going to sing too".  I found out I couldn't sing very well so I started playing guitar.  It led me to a degree from Berklee and some success in music doing some music for ESPN 2 and the XGames (you know the guitar parts where you here guys playing stuff that sounds like they're ripping off Steve Vai)?  But at the end of the day, regardless of what types of music I listen to now Dickinson remains my favorite musician.

Wow, Berklee! Very nice! Does it have to do with your day job or do you do one-off stuff when it comes your way?

Speaking of Bruce's Chemical Wedding, the entire album is basically one big tribute to the esotheric and occult. I was once thinking of creating the "Bruce Dickinson Commentary", wrote some commentary for Tattooed Millionaire but when I started reading a bit about Blake and the esotheric meaning of his work, I realized it was too much for me. :D

Maybe one day when I get me some free time.

Ranko said:
Wow, Berklee! Very nice! Does it have to do with your day job or do you do one-off stuff when it comes your way?

Sadly no.  I was never going to make enough money doing that to be secure, and didn't want to move to L.A. or Nashville to try to be a studio musician so I changed careers.  I do get to work from home now and am my own boss, and am home all day with my 11 month old daughter.  It's a good job, plus when my wife gets home from work I get a few free hours to listen to music, play guitar, play some Xbox.  I miss playing music, but I'm a pretty happy guy who's happy with the way things worked out.  And I did just get to go see Maiden 6 times, so I have nothing to complain about.

wow i need to listen to more bruce stuff. I only have TOS TM and Balls. I want to get AOB and CW but I can't find them anywhere. My fav Bruce song would have to be Sacred Cowboys. Reminds me of RTTH

Good album, not great.  Tears of the Dragon is the highlight.

Be sure to check out Skunkworks as well.  It's a bit "grungy" but still very good with some great songs.

This thread is no longer really on topic.  :innocent:

love it! one of my favorite albums of all time. Not a bad song on the album imo.

Funny you guys mention it; I just went to the record store trying to find something to hold me over until TFF and found Tyranny of Souls.  I'm really liking it so far.  It's probably not up to the brilliance of Chemical Wedding but it does feel a little more "hooky" if that makes sense.  Hooks everywhere, hooks in you, hooks in me  :D  but again doesn't get to the heights of songs like Thel and Jericho and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back