New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosh said:
wow i need to listen to more bruce stuff. I only have TOS TM and Balls. I want to get AOB and CW but I can't find them anywhere. My fav Bruce song would have to be Sacred Cowboys. Reminds me of RTTH
Order them online or at the very least, download them until you can find them. Oh my. Now look what I've turned this thread into. That's great because someone got majorly into some Bruce solo stuff! Hell yes! :edmetal:

Chemical Wedding reeks with amazing genius. Tyranny is a great one too but not as memorable. Bruce seems to always hit the money shot when he's on his own. Steve, take notes.

Another new member. Sweet! Again to all new members:
eddie_63-1.jpg

Stan said:
Chemical Wedding reeks with amazing genius. Tyranny is a great one too but not as memorable. Bruce seems to always hit the money shot when he's on his own. Steve, take notes.
Personally, I think Bruce's last 3 solo albums are equally great with every Maiden album with Bruce except No Prayer and FOTD.

I don't think they're equally as great as the reunion albums at all. They're far more superior and adventurous. CW, in particular, has amazing lyrics and a fantastic atmosphere. There's just no Maiden album that beats it. Except Somewhere In Time/Powerslave... but that's it.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Another new member. Sweet! Again to all new members:
eddie_63-1.jpg

Personally, I think Bruce's last 3 solo albums are equally great with every Maiden album with Bruce except No Prayer and FOTD.

I don't think you can compare NPFTD to FOD. Fear of the Dark is much better. It has so many under rated songs on it. It has a really raw atmosphere and some killer guitar work.

Just a quick question: How will the quality differ between a leak of the new album and when i rip the songs off the cd onto my phone ?

Babo 91 said:
Just a quick question: How will the quality differ between a leak of the new album and when i rip the songs off the cd onto my phone ?

It depends on how the leak is ripped.  If we are lucky enough to get it ripped in .flac (or any other lossless format) using a properly configured EAC then the quality of the leak would be an identical match to the CD, if it's an MP3 then it would depend on what type of, and how much compression the individual chose to use.  The same thing applies to you, (though I realize most people don't use lossless formats on their phone due to file size) the method you choose to use will dictate the quality of your rip.  So the real answer is the difference depends on a couple of variables, all of which except for the original leak are up to you.

And I also doubt that most people actually hear the difference between a 320 kbps mp3 and the lossless FLAC or audio cd version.

P.S. I sincerely doubt that it will leak before it's officially released anywhere.

Ya. If the .mp3 bitrate is 320 kbps, that's the highest quality and sounds VERY close to actual CD quality. Pretty much, only diehard audiophiles can tell the difference. Hell, even 128 sounds decent to my ears.
Hehe, me and Ranko posted at the exact same time. Great minds think alike. :D

Ya. If the .mp3 bitrate is 320 kbps, that's the highest quality and sounds VERY close to actual CD quality. Pretty much, only diehard audiophiles can tell the difference. Hell, even 128 sounds decent to my ears.
Hehe, me and Ranko posted at the exact same time. Great minds think alike. :D

I know you didn't mean it this way, but I think the term Audiophile has a bad connotation, people assume that it's some donkey who wants to brag about their high end system and how good their ears are.  I think most people regardless of their system or listening experience would notice a difference once they knew what to listen for, after that it becomes pretty obvious.  The amount of loss in sound quality of even a 320 or V0 rip is still pretty severe.

The whole concept of removing frequencies from an original recording is backwards, the technology is available for the industry to move forward with much higher quality sounding recordings than CD's. 

Great to see people entering into Bruce solo career. Skunkworks, Accident Of Birth, The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls are up there with at least 5 or 6 Maiden album and are better than 3 or 4, easily.

I've played both an original CD and the same song in 320 on a very good system and tried my hardest to hear the difference and can't hear it. No biggie though. :)

I've played both an original CD and the same song in 320 on a very good system and tried my hardest to hear the difference and can't hear it. No biggie though. :)

Fair enough, a different thread for a different time I suppose.

Long time lurker, and first post.  Maiden fan since '81 (yes, I know Im an old F$#@)...

Just wanted to say hey to everyone, and Im frigg'n jazzed for the new material !!!!

PS...  to the other green pea that's looking for a leak - patience my young grasshopper... patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back