The Future Past Tour 2024

And on the Iron Maiden side, what’s new?

We will tour from August to December 2024. I finish my solo concerts in July, I will have three weeks off, then I leave with Maiden for around forty shows. In 2025, I already have around 90 concerts planned, solo or with the group, over a period of around eight months.
So exactly the same busy schedule like this year. 4 months Bruce solo, 4 months Maiden tour (~90 shows overall). I think Bruce will also do a solo tour in 2026, maybe or maybe not with the same album. Maiden continue with their usual tempo. I hope they will want to find time for a new album.

So exactly the same busy schedule like this year. 4 months Bruce solo, 4 months Maiden tour (~90 shows overall). I think Bruce will also do a solo tour in 2026, maybe or maybe not with the same album. Maiden continue with their usual tempo. I hope they will want to find time for a new album.

Since Bruce is most likely visiting the US for a proper tour I think this will take most of his time. I doubt Maiden tour will be as long as this year, probably 20 to 25 shows at most.

We will tour from August to December 2024. I finish my solo concerts in July, I will have three weeks off, then I leave with Maiden for around forty shows. In 2025, I already have around 90 concerts planned, solo or with the group, over a period of around eight months.

Thanks for sharing the information.

He did, but it was something like "I've always thought we'd do 15 albums" when they were promoting the 15th album, and he'd never mentioned anything along those lines anytime before that
Hm I’m still not sure about that. I clearly remember seeing the 15 albums thing before Final Frontier was announced. I’ll see if I can find the interview.

It's looking like recording a new album is not a priority for Maiden, I am not so convinced we will see album 18 in 2025 at all.

It's looking like recording a new album is not a priority for Maiden, I am not so convinced we will see album 18 in 2025 at all.
They might record it in February next year, finish it by april and start rehearsals for the tour in May (if it begins in May). Still it would probably come out in late 2026.

Could it be they got the year wrong?

After that one interview with Steve, this is unfortunately true. And it's really odd for them, in contrast with some other old bands as well.
With their usual way of doing things, a new album should be out in 2026 at the latest, but who knows what their plans are. Bruce keep mentioning that they have plans until then. If next year is the 3rd leg, then it is logical a new album tour to follow. There is a little chance a new tour to start next year.
If Bruce's rumored solo tour next year is before the Maiden tour again (and starts in April again), they can easily record the album in January-March as usual. And then can release it after the Maiden tour, which should be the same as this year. If Bruce's tour is second, then I doubt they will release the album while he is on tour. Announce it at the end of 2025 with a March 2026 release, like Bruce did now. Because I can't seem them missing the whole 2026 just to release it in September. Maiden shows next year will be at least 2/3 months. Bruce's, maybe more.

There is another question. Even if they don't plan an album (they can record it and keep it in the vault for a couple of years again; unlikely) and next year is a 3rd leg of the current tour - what will they do in 2026? They have plans until then. The whole situation is strange.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the same. Or simply Bruce misheard the question or chose to ignore it and answered it he was asked about 2024.

I think "already" is the key word, I doubt he would use it if he was talking about plans for this year.

After that one interview with Steve, this is unfortunately true. And it's really odd for them, in contrast with other old bands as well.
Huh? Most older bands tend to release fewer and fewer albums the longer their careers go on.

what will they do in 2026? They have plans until then. The whole situation is strange.
They will probably have a meeting in late 2025 to see if everyone is on board for another album and/or touring. All of the band are getting old. But everyone in the band seem to have made commitmens up until 2026.
Bruce probably have a plan A (involving Maiden) and plan B (without Maiden obligations) regarding next solo album cycle.

After that one interview with Steve, this is unfortunately true. And it's really odd for them, in contrast with some other old bands as well.
With their usual way of doing things, a new album should be out in 2026 at the latest, but who knows what their plans are. Bruce keep mentioning that they have plans until then. If next year is the 3rd leg, then it is logical a new album tour to follow. There is a little chance a new tour to start next year.
If Bruce's rumored solo tour next year is before the Maiden tour again (and starts in April again), they can easily record the album in January-March as usual. And then can release it after the Maiden tour, which should be the same as this year. If Bruce's tour is second, then I doubt they will release the album while he is on tour. Announce it at the end of 2025 with a March 2026 release, like Bruce did now. Because I can't seem them missing the whole 2026 just to release it in September. Maiden shows next year will be at least 2/3 months. Bruce's, maybe more.

There is another question. Even if they don't plan an album (they can record it and keep it in the vault for a couple of years again; unlikely) and next year is a 3rd leg of the current tour - what will they do in 2026? They have plans until then. The whole situation is strange.
I still think they have already recorded the album in 2021 or early 2022. ;)

I still think they have already recorded the album in 2021 or early 2022. ;)
Doubt it. In 2021 Bruce said they thought about recording a new album during the pandemic but, even if they went as far as booking the studio, they scrapped the idea.
In 2022 I remember the band members being around the globe and then off to rehearsals for LOTB.

Doubt it. In 2021 Bruce said they thought about recording a new album during the pandemic but, even if they went as far as booking the studio, they scrapped the idea.
In 2022 I remember the band members being around the globe and then off to rehearsals for LOTB.

"Something else will happen. I can't tell you what. But you'll be happy." (Bruce Dickinson)

It was the 2024 tour. He's even wearing a NY Islanders hat.
That's why we have to take what Bruce says with a grain of salt.

Look, Kevin Shirley is in Australia. Maiden tour begins in Australia the 1st of september. Bruce solo tour ends on 21st of july. Bruce will rest for 2 weeks after joining the band in Australia to train setlist for the 2nd leg of FPT. Since the end of january, Steve and the other members had plenty of time to work on new songs. Bruce will have enough time to put his voice on possible new songs between his rest and the beginning of new Maiden tour. And it's probable that the band will release the next album in early 2025 for the 50th anniversary.

Last edited:
Back