If Maiden get inducted to the RnR HoF...

I really wonder what they would play now. If they do what Priest did and play a very palatable, HoF friendly set they would do Trooper, Wasted Years, and RTTH.

I agree with Bruce's assessment of the HoF- total garbage. Some random rapper but virtually no metal.

The only amusing bit would be if Dennis Stratton rejoined them and they had a four guitar line up for a few tracks- I would like to see that.....
Nah. They would go fuck you and play Writing On The Wall, DOFP and Trooper.

They should play Empire of the Clouds. That would be a good FU to the fake “hall of fame”.
I visited the Rock Hall museum in Ohio last month while visiting family. Here’s the Somewhere in Time jacket, courtesy of Bruce Dickinson.

1703021188829.png

It’s “FU hall of fame” only until they get in. Then they will gladly accept the award and maybe even play Run to the Hills on their way out.

I visited the Rock Hall museum in Ohio last month while visiting family. Here’s the Somewhere in Time jacket, courtesy of Bruce Dickinson.

View attachment 32462

It’s “FU hall of fame” only until they get in. Then they will gladly accept the award and maybe even play Run to the Hills on their way out.
Me personally, I could care less about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a popularity contest, and they even induct non-rock bands/artists (how stupid, rock is in the name for a reason).

Nominees 2024 were announced with Ozzy as the only one artist representing hard rock/metal this year. As Sharon said his induction is "a must". Anyway, I think Maiden belongs to the circle of artist which are banned by RnRHoF - Motley Crue, Ted Nugent, Meat Loaf, Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Scorpions. All of them criticized this institution, bashed them many times and even called them "a shit" as Bruce used to do. I don't think Iron Maiden will be inducted some day. The other hand is band's attitude toward the nominations - they really don't want it at all. Maybe if they got more operative management it would be done for good. Rod Smallwood is more just "friend of the band" tan a real manager with all connections in the business in fact. It's a pity - Priests are in, Sabbs and Metallica too - and no Maiden :(

Nominees 2024 were announced with Ozzy as the only one artist representing hard rock/metal this year. As Sharon said his induction is "a must". Anyway, I think Maiden belongs to the circle of artist which are banned by RnRHoF - Motley Crue, Ted Nugent, Meat Loaf, Jethro Tull, King Crimson or Scorpions. All of them criticized this institution, bashed them many times and even called them "a shit" as Bruce used to do. I don't think Iron Maiden will be inducted some day. The other hand is band's attitude toward the nominations - they really don't want it at all. Maybe if they got more operative management it would be done for good. Rod Smallwood is more just "friend of the band" tan a real manager with all connections in the business in fact. It's a pity - Priests are in, Sabbs and Metallica too - and no Maiden :(
The Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame has nothing to do with real rock'n'roll. When you see who has been nominated this year, you'd be shocked : Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Kool & The Gang, Sinead O'Connor, A Tribe Called Quest... So, Bruce is right when saying that it's shit. I consider it like that too. But, I continue to vote every day for Ozzy Osbourne, Jane's Addiction, Foreigner and Oasis to be inducted and to support them. Because they are the only rock'n'roll icons in the 2024 nominations.

Yeah, but why Priests, Sabbs and Ozzy were inducted but not Maiden?
Ozzy hasn't been inducted yet as solo artist (he will surely be in few months), but only with Black Sabbath as a whole band. Maiden is surely not rock enough for the crazy and absurd people from the Rock'n'Roll Of Shame. :innocent:

Mon Dieu! C´est incroyable!
Yes, it's really surprising... :blink:

But, coincidence or not, another pop singer that you may know, Mylène Farmer, did the same in the allegedly same year as Mariah Carey pretend to have recorded it : Mylène recorded and released a "very rock" sounding album called Anamorphosée in 1995. :ninja:

And Maiden's management isn't so operative to put a pressure on RnRHoF people to induct the band.
Iron Maiden doesn't care about to be inducted or not in the RnRHoF. It does care about its fans that support the band since the beginning. And that's why Rod Smallwood doesn't care either. All the band's success is not due to winning awards or radio appearances or all the bling-bling of show business but thanks to all the loyal fans, the talent of the musicians, the writing of some most iconic songs ever written, the professionalism of the management, the perseverance of an entire team of dedicated roadies and, of course, thanks to Derek Riggs and Eddie. ;)

Iron Maiden doesn't care about to be inducted or not in the RnRHoF. It does care about its fans that support the band since the beginning. And that's why Rod Smallwood doesn't care either. All the band's success is not due to winning awards or radio appearances or all the bling-bling of show business but thanks to all the loyal fans, the talent of the musicians, the writing of some most iconic songs ever written, the professionalism of the management, the perseverance of an entire team of dedicated roadies and, of course, thanks to Derek Riggs and Eddie. ;)
Yes it's obvious but Rod Smallwood should do something very special for Maiden being remembered and commemorated forever!

The people who matter most to Maiden, their fans, will always remember them.
OK, fans remember but what about the future and next generations. Look at Black Sabbath, Ozzy and even Priest, all of them are doing a lot to be remembered for eternity.

Back